PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shoot pool?

Bob
12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm trying to come up with some winter meets for us. I used to play pool like every day back in college but that was like 12 or so years ago. It's been a while for me.

I was thinking a meet up at a local pool hall or something.

Gas Man
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I will but I really don't. I can go hit the balls and maybe get in 1 out of every 20 shots as being decent.

telecast
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Not avid. Used to play a lot of Snooker but it's been years. I was never any good at it.

Gas Man
12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
You sound like me Tele

Bob
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
You both sound like hustlers!

As much as I played I should of been a pro. But I never got good at it. It's like you can practice all you want but unless you have someone that really knows showing the right way you can only get so good. Once in a while the owner of the hall would show us some things and teach us some trick shots but those are all gone from my memory now. I just want to shoot again.

ccRider246
12-03-2009, 06:55 AM
I haven't played much in years but used to play quite a bit. But I am quite a bit older now. I am not sure I could see the balls at the other end of a 9' table. But if you guys decide to meet up for a night of pool I would more than likely stop by to say hi.

Bob
12-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I haven't played much in years but used to play quite a bit. But I am quite a bit older now. I am not sure I could see the balls at the other end of a 9' table. But if you guys decide to meet up for a night of pool I would more than likely stop by to say hi.

I never thought of that but I wear glasses at work now and I didn't when I used to play. Wonder if I'll need to wear glasses when I play.

telecast
12-03-2009, 09:25 AM
You sound like me Tele

Well, then the first match is a no brainer! We should be equally as bad.

What we need is a member with a finished basement. Bar, pool table, the works. A hot wife would be good too, but not really required.

About four years a go the eye doc said I needed bi-focals. Man, talk about an AARP moment. Anyway, I went with the blended style at his recommendation. No line, the lenses graduate from close to distance and cover everything in between. So it doesn't matter if what I'm looking at is 3 feet away or 30 feet, a little tilting of the head and it's clear. Funny thing, I don't even notice it anymore, it's just second nature.

vortech302
12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I play about once a week at Snookers, not really that good though. I'm better when there isn't people at the table next to me, I get nervous like they're watching me or something.

ccRider246
12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, then the first match is a no brainer! We should be equally as bad.

What we need is a member with a finished basement. Bar, pool table, the works. A hot wife would be good too, but not really required.

About four years a go the eye doc said I needed bi-focals. Man, talk about an AARP moment. Anyway, I went with the blended style at his recommendation. No line, the lenses graduate from close to distance and cover everything in between. So it doesn't matter if what I'm looking at is 3 feet away or 30 feet, a little tilting of the head and it's clear. Funny thing, I don't even notice it anymore, it's just second nature.

I wear blended lenses, also. I don't really need them for distance but they help a bit. I tend to ride without glasses - too much distortion through the face shield. I can't read the instruments with glasses but I don't care. I have had a few occasions to play pool with these glasses and I find it easier to leave them off.

Bob
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I play about once a week at Snookers, not really that good though. I'm better when there isn't people at the table next to me, I get nervous like they're watching me or something.

What I hate is that I usually use my own stick and for some reason when people see you have your own cue they think you are good. I've had people come to our table because we had our own cues and wanna watch. LOL WTF?! Usually you don't get that in a pool hall where a lot of people have their own though.

Bob
12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I just thought of something. That Rack N Roll off of Fort Street had bike shows on Thursday night. That might be a good place to meet this summer. A co-worker of mine's play there sometimes I think. Ray Street Park is the name of the band.

Gas Man
12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I just thought of something. That Rack N Roll off of Fort Street had bike shows on Thursday night. That might be a good place to meet this summer. A co-worker of mine's play there sometimes I think. Ray Street Park is the name of the band.
Sounds like a great idea.

Bob
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a great idea.

It's been YEARS since I've been there. Hopefully it's not the same ole tennie bopper crowd. I think they added a bar and stuff now and it's for 18 and over but I could be wrong.

RedneckMedic
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
ya its 18 and over with a bar but the crowd really isnt that great but sunday nights they have foxy boxy which is fairly entertaining in a humorous way

Bob
12-04-2009, 09:50 PM
ya its 18 and over with a bar but the crowd really isnt that great but sunday nights they have foxy boxy which is fairly entertaining in a humorous way

My old hangout was always Ball N' Cue on Fort in Lincoln Park. I have not been in there in a long time though. Anyone been there recently?

vortech302
12-04-2009, 11:13 PM
My old hangout was always Ball N' Cue on Fort in Lincoln Park. I have not been in there in a long time though. Anyone been there recently?

I haven't been there in years, but like Rugby was saying about Rack N Roll it's got that type of crowd, Affliction shirts and sideways hats.

ziek
12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
You guys can count me in.