PDA

View Full Version : Showcase all women riders

bettyboop1w
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I was watching American Thunder tonight it had the Lady riders of Harley, the show was wonderful to see all the ladies doing it.

My question why does all the rides for ladies only show Harley's womes all over have different bikes.* Me personally don't care for them, I've seen maybe a couple I would want if someone got them for me.* I get there news letter for women rider's but its not diverse.* I emailed them this question but have not gotten a response.*

They showcased women riders and their mentors, I have a mentor and for some of the riders I have had my mento longer then them all.* I'm just saying I could have sent in a video piece to win a ride to Florida with mine.

Bob
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I was watching American Thunder tonight it had the Lady riders of Harley, the show was wonderful to see all the ladies doing it.

My question why does all the rides for ladies only show Harley's womes all over have different bikes.* Me personally don't care for them, I've seen maybe a couple I would want if someone got them for me.* I get there news letter for women rider's but its not diverse.* I emailed them this question but have not gotten a response.*

They showcased women riders and their mentors, I have a mentor and for some of the riders I have had my mento longer then them all.* I'm just saying I could have sent in a video piece to win a ride to Florida with mine.

I saw that too.

I'll be honest, American Thunder isn't going to show anything more than Harleys.* I always say there are generally two types of Harley people.* The old school MC guys and the yuppies that don't know any better and just always wanted a Harley.* LOL* I know this is not true and I've actually been looking at them lately because of the amount of aftermarket and performance support for them.

That ride you watched last night was sponsored by Harley and Harley's wife was even riding too.

I don't hate Harleys and can actually see myself owning one one day but you have to remember this is the USA and some of the Harley guys remind me of the hard core muscle car guys that think their Mexican made Ford is better than an Ohio made Honda.* But it works both ways.* I see and hear a lot of sportbike guys acting the same way toward Harley riders.

bettyboop1w
09-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I hear that.* Even some of our own sportsbike riders think that's all there is.*

Bob
09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I hear that.* Even some of our own sportsbike riders think that's all there is.*

A lot of them think this way actually.*

What you are talking about is the main reason I started this site.* I want a site filled with people that respect everyones bikes and everyones views.* I think we are on the right track.

It's fun riding with a variety of bikers too.* We went on a ride to Irish Hills and we had all sorts of bikes.* Was fun eating breakfast listening to the Harley guy make fun of the BMW guy and visa versa.* They are actually close friends and just like picking on each other but they both respect each other.

bettyboop1w
09-04-2008, 11:55 AM
That to me is a advantage, because riding with different types of bikes and riders I can learn something new, maybe ways to move in different curves or roads, etc.

Bob
09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
That to me is a advantage, because riding with different types of bikes and riders I can learn something new, maybe ways to move in different curves or roads, etc.

I'd of NEVER thought of ever owning a cruiser until riding with cruiser guys.* You do a few hour long ride and all the sportbike guys are looking for the fastest way to get home because they are so soar from riding and all of the cruiser guys are looking for the longest route because they can ride another 10 days straight.* LOL* My time of riding is longer rides so a cruiser is going to fit be better.* There are times I miss taking some curves at 50 miles an hour but when I think about living in Michigan and not having many curvy roads it doesn't bother me as much.* I will miss the occasional track day though.

Gas Man
09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
IDK... I like a good looking girl on a Harley....

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... Uma009.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/Uma009.jpg)[/img]
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... g/04-1.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/04-1.jpg)[/img]
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... 08/013.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/Ride%20for%20Ross%202008/013.jpg)[/img]

disconvobulated
09-05-2008, 06:49 AM
i agree with you betty i think harleys are great bikes dont get me wronge, but there are alot of great bikes out there. There are a few people i know and ride with that( ONLY ) have harleys,and wouldnt own anything else, but there is a great diversity of bikes out there that are just as kewl . I know quite a few women in the jackson area that ride everything but harleys. I saw the show and bob is right they prob wont ever really grandstand anything but harleys, its the american dream, for me just out on the road no matter what your riding is a great thing.....

detdrbuzzard
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
i don't find american thunder to be very entertaining and its not the harleys

Gas Man
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
What I don't like is how they plug their stuff.* Talking about how fuckin cool the bolt on chrome plastic is ect ect... give me a fuckin break. You want some chromed then chrome the piece!!!* Basically promoting squid mods to your cruiser... sound like some other sportbike show does it????* Not too mention they fuckin give out BJs to companies like J&P, Kury, or other company.*

But I would love to bang the hell out of Michelle Smith!!!

Berto
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
But I would love to bang the hell out of Michelle Smith!!!

+1...

09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Michelle is cool. The show is lame.

Of the handful of women rider's I actually know, none of them ride Harleys, however, I do see alot of female riders on them out on the road. And yes that show is all about Harleys, so that's what'll be seen mostly, except for the occasional custom V-twin.

Harleys are hugely popular now, and even Harley riders don't like Harley riders anymore. The most popular age group buying them is something like 45-60. Retirement money, 401k, college savings, etc. Us regular still working folk can't afford them, or even the older ones which are still stupid high priced. I personally will never own a Harley for one reason because they're so popular, and I've never been one to go with the crowd.* ;D

The funny thing about the whole rider animosity thing is, no matter what we ride, we are all at the same risk when out on the road, and we all ride anyway for pretty much the same reasons. Crashing is crashing, and dead is dead. There is no difference depending on what you ride. I'm aware of the same number of dead Harley riders as I am dead sport bike riders. I know of both that were random accidents, and both that the riders did some stupid shit and lost it. I know of both riders who have had low speed parking lot crashes. All the laws of physics and gravity apply regardless of what a person rides.

So the only real difference I can see, is how fat and hairy one rider is over another.* ;D

I can't get into raggin on people because of what they ride, and it bugs me that it happens. And I will ride with anybody, regardless. (as long as they're not a flaming asshole)

You go to a car show, and you see a variety of cars, and everybody is checking everybody elses car out, there is no stink like there seems to be with riders. Everybodys old car gets some sort of respect from the other owners, but for some reason, bike riders just don't get it.*

There will always be bikers, and motorcyclists, and egos. It is what it is I suppose.

And don't even get me started on that freakin wave either....* ::)

Gas Man
09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Well I buy Harley's cause one I like them, two, most importantly I buy American to support America.* Hence my all American driveway.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... ng016a.jpg (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Vechicles/BlingBling016a.jpg)[/img]

That being said, I don't care what you drive or ride... I will ride with you all the same.

bettyboop1w
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Gas Man your sick........Michelle is all right :P* Is that a MK in your drive?* I Love You..... ;D

Ride on that's what I say and be safe.*

Gas Man
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah a 2007 MKZ, Trailblazer SS, HD Sporty and my 2006 Big Dog Phoenix Chopper

The only one not made here is the MKZ (unfortuantely) but all 4 american.* May cost more but love supporting my american work force.