PDA

View Full Version : Knives, a whole bunch

telecast
11-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I just came into whole shitload of knives, like 200 or so. Tactical, hunting, fixed blade, folding, lock back, EMT, Police, belt clip, rescue, collector sets, etc. Everything from very small to very large. Some have display stands, and/or sheaths.

There are a dozen Dale Earnhardt collector knives, 6 of them are lockback in display tins, 6 are Swiss Army knife style. These are typically sold at race tracks.

All are brand new. I'll be posting pics and prices when I pick them up, hopefully next week. They will be cheap.

junkyardjon
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
hey i'm looking for a nice folding knife in LEGAL limit LOL. let me know when you get'em.

telecast
11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll post here when I get them. This whole thing came about while looking for a present for my kid. He has a small knife collection and there were a couple of things I wanted for him including a samurai sword. By the time I got this-n-that, the price was such that the guy offered me such a deal I just took the whole schmear. Sure as hell didn't plan it!

Bob
11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Let me know what you got when you get it man.

telecast
11-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Will do!

telecast
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
hey i'm looking for a nice folding knife in LEGAL limit LOL. let me know when you get'em.

That got me to thinking, exactly what is the legal limit in Michigan? We always said if you lay it across the width of your fingers, the blade cannot extend passed them.

Basically it's 3". State law says 3", and a lot of towns and cities adopt the same, but there are exceptions.

In East Lansing you can carry a 4" blade, except if you're in a city park, which limits you to a 3" blade.

In Centerline, you cannot carry a knife of any kind unless you're going hunting.

In Novi, you can carry one with a 3-1/2" blade.

Some communities say folding only, no fixed blades regardless of length.

The state law specifically excludes Dirks, Daggers, any double edged stabbing device, Stilletos, Switchblades, etc.

Here's a link to a state by state guide, then broken down to city by city. You can click the state name or city name to get to their laws and ordinances. This is where I got the above info.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

I'd be screwed in Centerline. I've carried a small Swiss Army knife for the last 25 years.

Bob
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
The 3" law is goofy too. It basically depends on "intent". If I can find the exact law I'll post it. Like you could carry a large hunting knife if your intent wasn't to harm someone with it. It's weird but I'll try and find it. I could be wrong.

telecast
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
No, you're correct. The problem is the 'intent' part is open to inerpretation by the officer. It's such a grey area that the only way to avoid potential problems is to 'stick' (pun intended!) with a 3" blade. There's always that question by the law:

"Why do you need a knife with a blade longer than 3" ?"

Gas Man
11-23-2009, 02:25 PM
All you guys and your knifes... lol.

I'll bring my gun to your knife fight.

telecast
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Umm...yeah. It's not supposed to be for protection. If I was carrying a knife for that it wouldn't be a Swiss Army knife. I use my knife almost daily, haven't stabbed anyone yet.....

So, how many people have you shot?

Gas Man
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
three

Bob
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
three

He asked how many people you've shot not how many shots it takes for you to hit the target.
:p

telecast
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Anger Management.

Gas Man
11-23-2009, 11:59 PM
He asked how many people you've shot not how many shots it takes for you to hit the target.
:p
I'm aware!

telecast
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Well, finally got them. I was trying to fgiure out the best way to sell these things and remembered the gun and knife shows. A guy I know has been doing shows for years but is winding down, so he's going to let me have 1/2 of one of his tables at the Saline Gun Show coming up next weekend on the 12th and 13th. I ran down to Magnum Force and borrowed one of the old tabletop display cases we used back when I did shows with the owner. Got them all laid out to see if they'd fit.

Here's a link to the pic. I didn't want to imbed it in the forum because I left pretty big so you can see what all there is.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/knives.jpg

telecast
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Show's over. Sold quite a few, enough that it's not worth renting another table and going back. I want them gone, so here's the deal: Pick any 3 knives in the picture (except the two Dale Earnhardt collectibles) for $10. I have some styles where there's more than one, so you can pick all the same or different styles if I have them. The Dale E. knives are $7.50 each, one is a lockback and another is a swiss army type multifucntion.

These are all ultralites with composite handles. Mostly liner lock but a few lockbacks all have SS blades. Some are black coated, but still stainless. Most of the large ones have belt clip, a couple come with sheaths.

Shipping is up to you. You can pick up, or I can send them in the mail. Priority is about $5 but were so close it'd be a waste. First class would be just as quick, not sure about cost, probably $3 or so?

These are not 'great' knives, but you don't have to worry about losing them either! Toss one in your bags to have on hand, one in the toolbox, etc.

Please respond Via PM.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/knives-1.jpg

junkyardjon
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
i'll be back friday for 3