PDA

View Full Version : Just saw 'Hell Ride'

telecast
11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
on the advice of someone from a bike forum.

What a piece of crap.

Bob
11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
on the advice of someone from a bike forum.

What a piece of crap.

I hear that! I saw it when it first came out. I thought with Tarantino and Joey Bishop's son tied to it we'd be in for a good flick. It was not good at all.

Speaking of biker movies. I watched Easy Rider for the first time in my life about 3 months ago. That was by far one of, if not the, worst movie I've ever seen. You can totally tell they where high through the entire filming and editing of that flick. I can't believe people say it's one of the best biker flicks of all times. I love what Sonny Barger says of it too, because he hates Fonda:

"It was not, and is not, a motorcycle movie; it's a movie about two drug dealers who cross the United States on motorcycles," he says. "The only thing that made that a biker movie is that they killed the asshole [Fonda] at the end."

zamochit
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Tarantino's films have definately gotten worse over the years.

Thruxtonbill
11-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Speaking of biker movies. I watched Easy Rider for the first time in my life about 3 months ago. That was by far one of, if not the, worst movie I've ever seen. You can totally tell they where high through the entire filming and editing of that flick. I can't believe people say it's one of the best biker flicks of all times. I love what Sonny Barger says of it too, because he hates Fonda:

"It was not, and is not, a motorcycle movie; it's a movie about two drug dealers who cross the United States on motorcycles," he says. "The only thing that made that a biker movie is that they killed the asshole [Fonda] at the end."
I think you miss the point of the movie. It's a counterculture film, now I'll admit it's a bit dated but, it represented the time, social issues and the like. weed, communal living and hippie's were just part of the times.
I think you're right, it's not a biker movie, MCs just happen to be in it.

Bob
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I think you miss the point of the movie. It's a counterculture film, now I'll admit it's a bit dated but, it represented the time, social issues and the like. weed, communal living and hippie's were just part of the times.
I think you're right, it's not a biker movie, MCs just happen to be in it.

It was still horrible. LOL Plus I hate hippies so that didn't help me like it either. LOL I always though Fonda was some sort of bad biker dude in that movie.

zamochit
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Watching Death Proof on MTV right now, not that good either.

Bob
11-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Watching Death Proof on MTV right now, not that good either.

Agreed. I liked Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and that was about it.

telecast
11-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Tarantino's films have definately gotten worse over the years.

The problem is it's Tarantino to the nth degree. Plus the acting was bad. Even Hopper and Caradine sucked, and Caradine didn't have a lot of time to suck, but he accomplished it anyway.

On the other hand, it was kind of ironic seeing Caradine tied up and then killed at the throat. Ironic indeed.

The tragedy is that the story line could make a good movie. Old MC rivals face off in a final stand while searching for the big payoff. If there was a ever a movie that deserved a remake under the hand of someone who knows how to treat it, this is it.