PDA

View Full Version : Grip Lock System

Gas Man
11-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Originally intended for scooters which don't have disc brakes so therefor can't use disc locks. But wouldn't be a bad idea for any bike. Surely you won't forget it when trying to leave. Certainly its not full proof but still one more deterant is better than nothing.

http://www.grip-lock.com/Grip-Locks/

What ya think?

telecast
11-08-2009, 07:38 AM
You can put a grip lock, disc lock, fork lock, and any other lock and they'll still get it if they want. I lock the forks and let the security system do the rest. Unless the bike is chained down, it doesn't matter how many locks there are, get enough people together and they can still pick it up.

Bob
11-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Like you guys said, nothing is fool proof but it's better than nothing. Personally though, I think it's a rip off for that price. You could go with an adjustable Master Lock and do the same thing for a small fraction of the cost.

telecast
11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, you can cut through a master lock if you try, this may be a little tougher. Still, $80 is a lot of money for a lock. Give it a few months and someone will duplicate it for $40.

Bob
11-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, you can cut through a master lock if you try, this may be a little tougher. Still, $80 is a lot of money for a lock. Give it a few months and someone will duplicate it for $40.

True. I'm thinking you could easily cut the brake lever and the throttle would work and you could just you the rear brake. LOL The one thing I don't like about it is the bike will still roll. So if someone it tossing it on a flat bed or in a van they'll still get it. I think the best insurance is insurance though. LOL

ccRider246
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Nothing is fool proof. As long as you take as many precautions as you can afford and carry insurance why worry?

Gas Man
11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I think it goes over the lock lever so it wouldn't roll.

Yes you guys are right. Nothing is full proof. If a thief wants it, they will have it.

I'm with tele, I do the same thing. I can't wait to get my alarm pager so I can answer the page with me walking back to the bike.

But at the end of the day that is why I carry good insurance.

ccRider246
11-09-2009, 08:35 AM
The device looks pretty cool but I wonder about keeping that constant pressure on the hydraulic line. I like the idea of the disc alarm. I will invest in one next summer. I want to take a couple of longer trips and I think the disc alarm would be nice to have.

RoadZombie
01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Insurance, two large dogs who bark if an ant farts, a CCW permit, a Desert Eagle, and a Remington tactical shotgun. No worries. ;-)

Gas Man
01-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Insurance, two large dogs who bark if an ant farts, a CCW permit, a Desert Eagle, and a Remington tactical shotgun. No worries. ;-)
You talkin about me? LOL

Mudpuppy
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
i think i have full coverage insurance so steal it if you want i need a new bike anyways.. had this one for 8 years time for something new..

RedneckMedic
01-28-2010, 11:55 PM
i feel you on that one. progressive gives you 3 grand in accessory coverage and thats about what my bike is worth so i could pull about double out of them sob's

Mudpuppy
01-28-2010, 11:57 PM
but price aside it seems like a decent device.. not much you could do if they really want to steal it but this would be a good deterrent.. i went to a track day last year and stayed at a shady motel that night.. had to chain the fuck out of the trailer to a light pole.. was 1 of 2 times i was seriously worried about theft..

RoadZombie
01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
You talkin about me? LOL

Ahhh, someone else who shares my "insurance company". Who needs Geico when you have Magnum Research and Remington?

Gas Man
01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
Ahhh, someone else who shares my "insurance company". Who needs Geico when you have Magnum Research and Remington?
Hell yeah man!! I got insurance covered all the way around as well. Not taking any chances!