PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Commerce Twp

ccRider246
11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Here are a couple of pics of my bike from this past summer. I took a 5 day trip around the lower peninsula.

Bob
11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice looking bike man!

telecast
11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice bike, FAG!

Oh...wait, it's not a Harley. Sorry!

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858

ccRider246
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice bike, FAG!

Oh...wait, it's not a Harley. Sorry!

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858

That was an hilarious episode! Nope, no Harley, not yet. That will be 4 or 5 bikes from now if then.

SportstersPaul
11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Here are a couple of pics of my bike from this past summer. I took a 5 day trip around the lower peninsula.
We did a mitten run back in June, ran around the lower in 20 1/2 hours, when did you do your run?:cool:

ccRider246
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I made my trip the last week in July. My wife drove across state to Hart for a few days and I ran around the lower counter clockwise. I met up with her three days later and spent a couple of nights there before continuing my trip down to St Jo to visit a brother. All-in-all 4 days of riding and a day of relaxation, sight-seeing, etc. That was enough to convince me I need a more comfortable bike for trips longer than about 1500 miles. I can get about 400 miles a day and my hips start bothering me. I have to try to put some pegs on this thing over the winter so I can stretch out a bit.

Question: does this site provide a way to get email updates to subscribed posts? I couldn't find it.
Update: disregard the question, I found it.

SportstersPaul
08-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Chris: Did you put on the pegs yet? Are you able to reach the passenger pegs, maybe hook a heel over them? It also gives you an additional posistion which can shift your pressure points around and buy you some more miles. Believe me I know, I run on a Sportster, done 5 Ironbutt 1,000's, best one day was 1400 miles in 22 hours, don't believe I want to do that again. The point I want to make is I have about a dozen different posistions to place my feet and it all helps. Ride safe.