PDA

View Full Version : Just had to...

telecast
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
...get the scoot out last night. It was way to nice to let it set in the garage. I asked my daughter if she wanted to go for a ride, she's never been on a bike before. She said sure, a little tenuously.

Once we got home she was all about the bike, she loved it! She loved the wind and the ride, she loved the way the bike leans into the curves.

Hopefully I haven't created a monster. Next thing you know there's going to be some 1%er on a rat bike showing up to take her out...

RedneckMedic
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
ya yesterday was a great day i rode pretty much all day and only stopped to go to practice. my grandpa almost dumped the streetglide that he rented. he went into a turn too fast on a two lane road drifted into the next lane through a ditch onto somebodies lawn all the way across it then back through the ditch and onto the road again. but, other than that was a nice sunny day and a warm night plus i got to ride the harley for about 50 miles and loved every second of it. nice and smooth and i definitely made my mind up on my next bike

telecast
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Better tell gramps to slow down!

Bob
10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
ya yesterday was a great day i rode pretty much all day and only stopped to go to practice. my grandpa almost dumped the streetglide that he rented. he went into a turn too fast on a two lane road drifted into the next lane through a ditch onto somebodies lawn all the way across it then back through the ditch and onto the road again. but, other than that was a nice sunny day and a warm night plus i got to ride the harley for about 50 miles and loved every second of it. nice and smooth and i definitely made my mind up on my next bike

Where you on Fort St.? I saw two black bikes and thought one might of been you yesterday.

Where does he rent bikes at around here?

Bob
10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
...get the scoot out last night. It was way to nice to let it set in the garage. I asked my daughter if she wanted to go for a ride, she's never been on a bike before. She said sure, a little tenuously.

Once we got home she was all about the bike, she loved it! She loved the wind and the ride, she loved the way the bike leans into the curves.

Hopefully I haven't created a monster. Next thing you know there's going to be some 1%er on a rat bike showing up to take her out...

Good deal man!

zamochit
10-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Nothing better than a stroll with the kid. I can't wait to get my daughter on mine once its done. I remember when I wa slittle and went for my first bike ride, it was the greatest feeling in the world.

RedneckMedic
10-22-2009, 10:15 PM
i was on fort last night at about 930 with a couple of my buddies on rockets but i met my gramps in ypsi and from there we went to jackson then up to hell and back to his place then i came home i got about 260 miles in yesterday. he rented it from motorcity harley in farmington for about 120 for 24 hours. you do have to have a credit card with 2 grand on it for liability though.

sorry for the thread hijack telecast

Gas Man
10-22-2009, 11:33 PM
tele... how old is she?

telecast
10-23-2009, 07:50 AM

And no! :p

Gas Man
10-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Well no wonder you are worrying!!

And no what?

vortech302
10-23-2009, 06:47 PM

And no! :p

Awesome

telecast
10-24-2009, 09:19 AM
And no what?

No, you can't take her for a ride! :p

Gas Man
10-24-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL... But I am looking for a bike g/f. Planning a trip to Sturgis and the wife wont go. Told her I'm getting a pinch hitter for the back of the bike. She just said "whatever floats your boat".