PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Rugby Game

RedneckMedic
10-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I copied this from the facebook event for this game. I will be playing and am just putting this out there to try and make this as successful as possible so come out and watch rugby even it if you dont know what it is youtube rugby before you come out.

thx,
Lance

The University of Michigan-Dearborn Rugby team is hosting the 2nd Annual Tim Dooley Memorial Rugby game on October 17th at Dearborn High school vs Wayne State in honor of our teammate and friend who was taken too soon.

Last year was a great turnout of over 200 people on short notice, we are looking to make this years event even bigger and showing the Dooley family how much everyone loved Tim. I'm asking all his friends, family and everyone associated with the UM-Dearborn Rugby team and UM-Dearborn to come out and watch us play our rivals from downtown, Wayne State in a great night of "rugby under the lights"

This year we will have a live national anthem, 50/50 Raffle, Memorial game T-shirts for sale, Donations and all proceeds will be going to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation in Tim's name.
I am trying to make this into not only a special night but a very successful night, so I NEED everyone's help in spreading the word about the game aswell as attending and donating. MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW....INVITE YOUR FRIENDS OUT PLEASE

If you would like to help in any way please contact me as soon as possible at 313-742-6271. I am looking for ideas aswell as donations as we need start up money for the T-shirts and the use of the field which will be around a ridiculous $400-$500.

Pat Khalaf
313-742-6271
IRISH8MAN@aol.com

We are asking for a $2 entrance fee, the first 120 people will get a UM-Dearborn Rugby bumper sticker. Pizza will be on sale for $1.