PDA

View Full Version : Dear old Mom....

telecast
10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
A few weeks ago when I got the Road King I rode it over to a family gathering to show it off. I asked my mom to come out and see my new bike. I had just bought the Sportster a few months before, so she said: "Remember, I saw it at your house." I told her no, it was a different one. So she came out to take a look.

Now, ya gotta remember that mom is 85 years old. Where this came from, I don't know. She sees the bike and says: "Oh, that's beautiful! It's a REAL Harley!"

I said, "Mom, the other one is a Harley too."

To which she replies: "Yes, I know, but this is a REAL one!"

That about put us on the ground. I mean, c'mon Ma, how do you even know the difference?

My neice told her to sit on the bike so she could take her picture. BTW, this is her 'Mean Biker Face'.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/telecast_photos/mombike.jpg

She really wanted to throw her leg over but was a bit nervous about that, so she decided to go sidesaddle.

Mom's a hoot!

Fishman
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh man--couldnt you get her to give us the finger..that would be priceless..
Bless her heart for knowing a real Harley...

Berto
10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Awesome

Bob
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Good pic man.

zamochit
10-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Great story, did you take her for a ride?

Gas Man
10-13-2009, 07:26 PM
That is AWESOME!!

My wife's friend said the same thing about my ultra when I got it. She said "that's a real man's bike!!"

I was like WTF was the chopper. She said, that was a young guys bike, this is a real mans bike. Something a woman wants to ride.

Funny thing... she was right. My ultra wrangles in the chicks.

Thruxtonbill
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Very cool, I can relate, my Mom is 85 as well. Thats a great pic, one you'll always treasure.