PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle ad come-ons

telecast
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Sometimes I kill brain cells cruising through CL to see what's out there. If you've ever done this, you've seen some of the same bullshit I have. Most of them are from Wild Hog types.

Some of my favorites:

(from an ad for a bike you can buy new for $10,000)
"Just take over the payments of $320 a month for the next 6 years"

Um, sure. I'll pay $20,000 for your used bike. Yeah, I have no problem paying 18.5% interest because your credit score is 36.....

"Never ridden in the rain."

How is that possible, and what's more, why does it matter? If the bike has any more than a few thousand miles on it, odds are it's been in at least a sprinkle unless your riding is confined to once around the block on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

"Always stored in a heated garage."

Who cares? Is this in lieu of proper winterizing and storage? I'd rather know you put it away right at the end of every season than kept it warm.

"$X,000 worth of extras"

Ok, but, I don't want $2,000 worth of 'Live to Ride, Ride to Live' crap on my bike. It's going to cost me another $2,000 to buy the other stuff and put it back on. Personalizing your bike is just that. Don't expect the next guy to like what you've done enough to put a value on it. Some extras add value, most do not.

"Lady owned and ridden"

So, it was ridden...easier? Softer? Cleaner? Does it mean I have to have the hot pink pinstriping removed?

"I have a lift, extra pipes, two extra seats and a blue bandana that you can have with the bike for an extra $XXX.00."

Wow, now I really feel like I'm getting a deal! All this stuff is for the bike, but I have to pay extra.

vortech302
10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
The ones I like are the sportbikes "never wheelied, adult rider" or "reason for sale: I'm scared of the bike" or "too fast for me", three sentences after they just said "never raced". I ride the crap out of my bike and I've yet to wheelie.

Or the cars "96 Bonneville, $3800 with the 22's, or $200 without"

Berto
10-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I don't wheelie... and am an adult rider since I am rounding on 30... so I can say that about my SM... now, those of you that have seen me riding... do you agree?

vortech302
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't wheelie... and am an adult rider since I am rounding on 30... so I can say that about my SM... now, those of you that have seen me riding... do you agree?

That's what I'm saying, it doesn't have to be a wheelie machine to be ridden hard. I'm not saying that you don't maintain it, but you ride the hell out of it.

RedneckMedic
10-07-2009, 08:55 PM
every since i went looking for a bike last year ive been reading craigslist almost once a day and i know what your talking about. i mostly do it for laughs especially when you see

"need cash must sell" then two lines later it says "will also trade for quad or or lifted truck"

telecast
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
"too fast for me", three sentences after they just said "never raced".

"need cash must sell" then two lines later it says "will also trade for quad or or lifted truck"

Two good ones!

telecast
10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Here's a classic. Look at the way the bike is outfitted. A Sporty set up for touring, but "never been in the rain".

LOL!

http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/1413390427.html

vortech302
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Awesome, it looks like it's in the rain in the bottom right pic

RedneckMedic
10-15-2009, 01:36 AM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/1420942055.html

Gas Man
10-15-2009, 05:23 PM
WTF is up with the tail?

RedneckMedic
10-15-2009, 10:07 PM
i was wondering the same probably a mod for stunting but yet it was never stunted

vortech302
10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I've seen that bike for sale before and he had it advertised as a street fighter, must be trying a different angle