PDA

View Full Version : There must've been 100 bikes go by today.

telecast
09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I live on a main drag. We get a LOT of bikes through here. Starts early in the morning and goes until well after dark. The 100 mile cruise uses my street every year. It typically takes 35-40 minutes for them to go by.

Every time I hear a bike I look up. One earlier was identical to my FLHR (A Goldwing just now went by, then a Sportster).

This is killing me. I wanted to go for a ride today and was planning to hook up with meinschaft until the Road King deal happened. I spent the morning cleaning out most of the garage and moving most of my woodworking stuff to it's proper winter storage area. I don't plan on doing much more with it this year, especially once I pick up the new bike.

I'd been parking the Sporty (Electra Glide just went by) in the middle of the garage because (An unknown metric cruiser just went by) there wasn't enough room with all my saws and equipment to give it a permanent home. No way there was enough room to keep the Sporty along with the FLHR, and I'll have both until the XL sells. ('67 Mustang fastback just went by. Yeah, it ain't a bike, but cool nonetheless)

I don't think I'll wait for the parts to come in. All it is is a windshield and sissy bar, the quick release docking kits are already on the bike. I'll (A Superglide just went by) probably just get the bike and have fun putting them on myself. I have a (two sportbikes just went by) long day at work Tuesday, and may not go in at all on Wednesday. Sounds perfect!

BTW, the above passing vehicles account is accurate, no bullshit. It took me about 5 minutes to type this in between looking out the window.

Bob
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm feeling like going out right now but I'm not sure if I want to. LOL I just feel like bumming around tonight.

Gas Man
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate that shit when I'm at work... but of coarse being they took our work trucks away now, I get to ride my bike for work and charge them mileage so now I'm on my bike too. ALL GOOD!

Fishman
09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Sometimes all I see go by is bikes...The Forbidden Wheels club house is 5 minutes west of me. The Scorpions is 5 minutes east....Stingers--New Hudson Inn...South Lyon Hotel..
all long favored bikers joints..Grand River is like The Avenue of 2 Wheels in the summer..
oh and Bakers Classic Car Show is around the corner so I get a lot of those too..

Gas Man
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
that could be cool on one hand or major suckage as you said in your story for the other hand