PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE ?????

disconvobulated
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
well i replaced the starter on my virago with a brandnew one and im still getting just a clicking noise. Bob suggested it might be a starter relay, but wasnt forsure he also suggested i post the question so here it is. Anyone work on bikes in or around the lansing, jackson area??? Thats my next step if chargin the battery doesnt work *********UPDATE********* Fixed the problem, it was inside the case where the starter goes. There are 2 gears and a pressure clip the gears wasnt alined exactly right so it was binding **WHEW!!!!** She cranks like a dream and purrrssss like a kitten, more of a growl LOL Thanks to all who gave me input.... :o

09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Check the battery cables for clean and tight-both ends of both cables. Check the battery voltage and charge if needed.

You can "test jump" the starter solenoid and the result will let you, (us) know whether or not that solenoid is bad.

Always start with the easy stuff first though, which is cable connections and battery voltage. 12.9 to 13.5 or a little higher is good.

Post up what you find.* ;)

Berto
09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Yup, what he said.... also, you should always try to charge the battery first, or simply buy a new one.* 90% of the time that's the problem when you get that clicking noise.