PDA

View Full Version : Flat rear tire, near crash.

boomer
09-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Soooo i picked up a nail somewhere, idk how long it was there, but i lost a lot of air after it.

I had no idea my tire was flat, it was full when i set off, but flat when i got back.
I was going around a corner, partial throttle, then blipped the throttle to pull out of the corner. The rear end slides out a lot, i counter steer so much my hand is pinched between the tank and bars. My inner foot drags on the ground and i kick the bike up. I manage to get the bike up and straight. I immediately (but safely) pull over to inspect the bike and find my tire was flat. I am not hurt badly, My knee is sore from that part, and my hand hurts a bit from the smashing in the bars/tank.

probably gonna get it plugged and fixed soon, but ill be shopping for new tires as well. Probably some Michelin Pilot Powers. :cool:

Bob
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Glad you are ok man!

Berto
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Try to get the new tires, plugging is not a good idea if you heat them up too much. the plug may come out.

vortech302
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Glad you kept it up. I came around a corner last fall (Jefferson to North Huron) with some speed and got a big scare when I had a partially deflated rear.

boomer
09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Picked up my Michelin Pilot Powers. :D mwahahahha.

its on the rim, time to remount the rim and rub off the crap for the first 100 miles. then ill give ya a review. the tread depth on these mofos is great :D gonna be a great tire i think.