PDA

View Full Version : Missed another one

owl
08-14-2016, 09:27 AM
WTF. Is anyone riding anymore? What has happened to TWC? We let this beautiful morning go by. Won't be many more this year. I know many of us have family things or work things that are more important. It would be terrible if we allowed this wonderful sport to become extinct. Keep the rubber on the road

horrorbusiness
08-14-2016, 10:21 AM
go sink a certain sea ray and i'm sure you'll get some riding in

sprink
08-14-2016, 11:07 AM
I caught up on some much needed sleep this morning, but was looking all week to see if there was a ride planned for today. Anyone can plan a ride and post up if they want company.

Aggressor05
08-14-2016, 11:44 AM
I got rear ended 2 months ago. My bike is still being repaired while the summer disappears.

leebo
08-14-2016, 12:02 PM
WTF. Is anyone riding anymore? What has happened to TWC? We let this beautiful morning go by. Won't be many more this year. I know many of us have family things or work things that are more important. It would be terrible if we allowed this wonderful sport to become extinct. Keep the rubber on the roadOuch!

leebo
08-14-2016, 12:04 PM
I have been busy with my mom having fallen but shes moving in with my sis in a couple weeks so that will help!!Plus its been friggin HOT !!

Moesride
08-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Left this morning and just rolled in. Nice day other than a bit of rain at 275 and 94 on my way home. One of my stops was at Rockys in Burton. My feet were complaining so a new pair of boots were in order.
Decided to run a red light from a dead stop because of I don't know why and the car behind me happened to be a Flint police officer. No, I did not see him behind me. So he lights me up and asks me WTF.... my reply was I'm pretty much an idiot. So after he checks on my papers he comes back and we shoot the shit for a bit on the bike and lets me go with no ticket. Guy was cool as hell and basically told me I forced him to pull me over since everyone around me saw me blow the red intentionally and with him behind me he had no choice but to pull me over. Would be bad if he wouldn't have right.
Anyway, I enjoyed BS ing with him, nice guy.

detdrbuzzard
08-15-2016, 05:06 AM
i did a 2.5 mile walk and 10 mile bicycle ride early yesterday then came home and did some work on a Honda ST 1100 that I picked up a few months ago

Gas Man
08-15-2016, 05:03 PM
That's a funny story Moe! :lmao:

Well Owl... like Lee said it's been crazy hot. I have did a few trips, been working, and been doing other riding. Rode Sat for the charity ride. Got soaked too. Also been boating a ton... but that is going to come to an end in about 4-6 weeks (weather permitting). Remember, still working and only got so much time to spread around.

That all being said... I've complained many times that others won't setup the rides. I got the concept going and always wanted others to take it and run with it... but it always just dies without me doing it. Truly, even if I just float around all the time on a boat, it means jack ditty squat and others should also be stepping up and running a TWC or two...

But hey what do I know... I just pay money to keep this place running...

leebo
08-15-2016, 05:48 PM
There is an event in fowlerville this weekend that looks like fun,but as usual when u try to plan something in mich there is rain in the forecast.

Dagnabit
08-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Its just been one of those years. We are on emergency staffing at work and im usually working at least one of my days off and a ton of doubleshifts. Havent even been able to ride into work much because we have the whole place torn up with construction projects. Debris everywhere. I have a total of 1000 miles on my ride this summer. Really sucks.

Bagger Dave
08-17-2016, 08:11 PM
I rode down river the other week...then rode to Brighton HD with G Man and Moe....did about 251 miles that Sunday. I usually will do a ride in my area in the fall like sometime in October.
Did a couple bike trips this summer and have been busy myself

SportstersPaul
08-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Also, this is Woodward Dream Cruise week with the finale on Saturday. Running it during the week is not bad, trying it on Saturday won't get fun. Some high school buddies of mine have leased a corner on Wide Track just after the one- way split northbound, will have tents set up so will probably park there for the morning.

leebo
08-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Also, this is Woodward Dream Cruise week with the finale on Saturday. Running it during the week is not bad, trying it on Saturday won't get fun. Some high school buddies of mine have leased a corner on Wide Track just after the one- way split northbound, will have tents set up so will probably park there for the morning.At the church?

leebo
08-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Jim i sent you a pm and a email.