PDA

View Full Version : Who's been on a poker run?

Bob
08-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I did one with a small group a few years back and have been thinking of stuff to do with this site next year. If you've been on one please feel free to tell me your likes and dislikes.

Also if you've ever organized one I'll take all the tips you got.

Thanks!

Berto
08-29-2009, 09:52 AM
been on a couple. they are ok... you need fun people to run them and running them is a task... but doable.

telecast
08-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Always wanted to do one. You'd probably need a pretty good sized group to make it work, plus lots of volunteers for the checkpoints.

Oh, and a wet T-shirt contest.

And beer.

Bob
08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Always wanted to do one. You'd probably need a pretty good sized group to make it work, plus lots of volunteers for the checkpoints.

Oh, and a wet T-shirt contest.

And beer.

The one I was on was a tiny group. It was for the Make a Wish Foundation. We went around the Hell, MI area. The guy that put it on was a suspension engineer for Mazda and he knew the roads well. Mostly cars this one was for though. I'd say we had 10 cars tops. He just went along with us and at every stop point we'd draw a card. We had 5 stop points and at the end whoever had the best hand won. He had some awesome prizes too. Lots of local vendors donated stuff. The group ended up being so tiny we all got pretty nice prizes.

Dr.Miller
08-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Did one last year on snowmobiles...was ok... 100+ entrants... lots of great prizes.... not sure I would do one again though....

No need for beer at the end either... bikes and drunks not a good combo. ;)

telecast
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Eh...bullshit. You can have a beer without getting drunk. Just because you go to the zoo doesn't mean you have to become one of the animals!