PDA

View Full Version : South East Ohio

ChefC14
06-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Well I think I'm going to do it. I have a few days off this coming week which won't be happening many more times this summer and since Ohio and West Virginia have reciprocity with MichiGUN I'm going to head off on two wheels and see what everyone has been talking about. I'm going with a guy that's been there a time or two so I can just follow along enjoy the curves. I'll do a follow up report when I return.

sprink
06-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Sounds like a good time. Been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Ride safe and have fun.

Gas Man
06-05-2016, 11:14 PM
I too have a trip planned soon for that same area... Suppose to be the hidden gem close to home.

detdrbuzzard
06-06-2016, 06:09 AM
enjoy your time in se Ohio and West Virginia. I just got home last wed from Floyd and Princeton, wv. the trip took us to tn, nc, ga, and sc also

ChefC14
06-06-2016, 11:30 AM
I'll do my best to enjoy it. �� I've been hearing about these roads for a few years now. It'll be nice to get out of northern Michigan. I love it up here but it's kind of like an island, when I get a few hours to ride I can go to Lake Huron, Lake Michigan or pay the toll and cross the bridge. The middle of the state doesn't offer much for excitement and who the hell wants to go to the city? The last 4 years in the summer I went all over the UP, northern Wisconsin and Minnesota. I've done the dragon quite a few times but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much on the Raider as I did on the Concours. Same goes with the snake? I found the blue ridge parkway to be an enjoyable ride but in order to really enjoy the scenery you have to stop and walk to the lookouts, I got bored with that quickly. It'll be nice to be in an area I'm unfamiliar with and as always to stay out of the cities.

ChefC14
07-01-2016, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed the curves but hated the roller coasters. At the southern end of 555 I actually had to pull over the second time we rode it. I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet. The roads were great. I did leave my lane once which would have been catastrophic if a car had been there. It was a sharp descending right curve, I leaned into it, the road had a large dip and my rear tire went airborne, my bike of course straightened out, I landed and went airborne again, by the time I had everything under control I was on the left side about 6 inches from the gravel. I released the clutch and drove on, a few miles down the road I had an adrenaline dump, my heart started racing, I laughed and started running through the "what if" scenarios in my head. In 16 years of riding and traveling a lot this is the first time I've been that for out of control.

leebo
07-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Wow!What an adventure.were you riding alone?

ChefC14
07-01-2016, 11:28 AM
No, I was with my friend Mike. He used to be on here, BKing something or other.

sprink
07-01-2016, 08:02 PM
I went through Hocking County on my way to South Carolina. Didn't stop to enjoy any secondary roads this trip. I'd be up for a weekend run down there yet this summer/fall.

detdrbuzzard
07-02-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm heading to Norton, va. on the 15th to find more crocked roads. if you make it over to Marietta, oh. take a ride up 28 ( or is that 26 )