PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Don't Text and Drive

Gas Man
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Should have an impact on most but I doubt it.

http://www.break.com/index/dont-text-and-drive.html

Bob
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
What sucks is that they have to show these retards getting hurt instead of the lives they put into danger to get them to realize anything.

And I'ma firm believer it's not just texting. Talking on the phone, eating, drinking, it's all a distraction.

meinschaft
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
I've logged well over 500,000 miles commuting to work the last 20 years. I nearly died once because a moron failed to use his (it might have been a woman) turn signal and pulled out in front of me in freeway traffic. As you might expect, I'm a bit sensitive to people NOT using their turn signals - ALL THE TIME. I estimate around 20-25% of drivers - on a good day - use turn signals, effortless as they are to use. There are others who seem to take pride in NOT using them, as if turn signals are for pu**ies.

Since a vast majority of people never or rarely use turn signals(I've watched many cops not use them, either), what makes you think even a movie like this one is going to penetrate their crania???

This serves to cull the herd; too bad they take innocents with them.

Berto
08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Holy crap... I won't BS... I have texted when driving. Not proud of it, but I've done it. Not after this. Jesus! It's not worth it.

As for talking on the phone, I have a headset in my car and voice dialing. I too HATE it when people are holding a phone up while driving. Should be made illegal, as it is in NYC unless you have a headset. Since I drive a lot for work, sometimes I am on the headset but it's no different than having a conversation at that point as I have full use of my hands.

As for the turn signals, my pet peeve also... how lazy can your ass be? It's a flick of your finger to turn it on... Shoot, it turns itself off after the turn. People are just lazy.

telecast
08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
This ad was all over the news last week, national and local. It's pretty sobering.

Berto: SHAME! ;)