PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Harley-Davidson Plans $8M Dealership with Restaurant, Drive-in Theater

Ultra AL
02-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Somebody is making chedda!

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/Annual-2016/Motor-City-Harley-Davidson-Plans-8M-Dealership-with-Restaurant-Drive-in-Theater/#.VrjVRVgmdpo.facebook

Kosher
02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Yeah, the only thing I'm scratching my head about is the drive in theater. On a nice summer night, the last thing I want to be doing is watching a movie

Gas Man
02-08-2016, 09:20 PM
http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2016/02/08/harley-davidson-shop-go-into-old-sams-club/80017468/

horrorbusiness
02-08-2016, 09:58 PM
One of the things that bothers me about HD as a company is running the mom and pop dealers out of business. I purchased my bike from Gilberts in Port Huron. They would open there home a couple few times a year to customers for a party. since they couldn't open a boutique million square foot dealership they are no longer around. I won't spend a dime of my money in the sams club Hd.

Larry64
02-09-2016, 07:19 AM
I miss Gilberts, had a friend that worked there. I still go to Torq Monsters for tires and small parts.

horrorbusiness
02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
I miss Gilberts, had a friend that worked there. I still go to Torq Monsters for tires and small parts.
Their website was offline, I was going to check the place out but its a long ride for them to not be there.

RedneckMedic
02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
I got my bike from motor city and never again. I enjoy going to town and country though.

leebo
02-09-2016, 06:45 PM
Has anyone purchased a bike from ABC harley in waterford?

Kosher
02-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Has anyone purchased a bike from ABC harley in waterford?

Yes four.

A good friend of mine is a close business advisor to the owner of Motor City HD. When I got my road glide, my friend was trying to get them to do "house deals" where if he or other people close to the business could bring in friends and dispense with the normal negotiation silliness. After several conversations with the sales person they assigned me to, it was increasingly apparent that this was no different, and in fact possibly a worse deal that any schmuck who walked in off the street.

So I sent an email to the guy at ABC I normally bought my bikes from with a very detailed list of what I wanted. I never mentioned I was shopping the price or was working with anyone else, just "how much for this", including trade.

after about 30 minutes I got an email from him with a price that was a clean $2K less than Motor City.

Great! But... wait, I have to pay tax too, right? Nope. Out the door.

So I bought the bike from ABC, of course.

Gas Man
02-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Tecumseh is still a smaller shop... only 2 sales people, small shop. I love it.

But more and more HD is trying to sell a lifestyle with destination dealers. some will prefer it, some will prefer smaller shops. But that Farmington Hills area is going to be full of rubs, so this is a perfect fit.

leebo
02-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Keith were the next 3 after that deal?

Kosher
02-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Keith were the next 3 after that deal?

No, that was my most recent bike.