PDA

View Full Version : Heated gear

Moesride
02-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Any of you guys own or partial to any particular heated gear when the temps start dropping ? Bought a pair of HD heated gloves last week with temp control settings right on the gloves. Runs of the bikes battery so its a quick plug in. Ran the plug off the battery and left the connector just under the left of my seat.
Never really owned any heated gear outside of this..... works damn good.

Gas Man
02-02-2016, 10:36 PM
I have the HD vest. It has a H-M-L setting in the pocket. Their gear is (at least was) made by Gerbing I think... they are in Warren. Anyway it's dual power... battery and/or bike. I like that option, although I use the bike power almost all the time.

It was the brand backing with the warranty that I was a big promotor of the HD brand gear.

Kosher
02-03-2016, 08:30 AM
I've never thought that heated gear provided enough value for the increased # of days it will allow you to ride.

What keeps me off the road is salt more than cold.

Often there are days when riding with heated gear would be nice, but I dont go because there's too much salt on the road. If I lived down south, say Tennessee, it would make more sense, I think.

detdrbuzzard
02-03-2016, 06:14 PM
i have older tourmaster first gen heated gloves, they have a high- med- low setting on the controller which is on the back of the right glove. I replaced my first gen tourmaster synergy jacket liner last fall, it stopped working after about seven years and I cant find an old style controller for it. I picked up a garbing jacket liner, the controller is about $50 extra. and I just got my garbing pants liners yesterday. now do I buy a gerbing dual controller or another single controller

Bagger Dave
02-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Yeah what Kosher said....I usually don't worry about the cold....its always how much salt is on the roads!
I also don't have any heated gear to compare either

Gas Man
02-04-2016, 11:18 AM
You guys don't know because you don't know. Heated gear is awesome!

detdrbuzzard
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
You guys don't know because you don't know. Heated gear is awesome!
I agree and it makes for good insulation when its not powered up

Moesride
02-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Like I said, really never had any heated gear up to now. Just by trying the gloves out, they are definitely going to work great for me. My hand issues after my "shit deal" have become a bit less circulative If you will, so warm hands and fingers even when the temps are higher out , say 40* will do. Why not..... doesn't necessarily need to be freezing ass cold out.

Gas Man
02-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Heated grips FTW

Ultra AL
02-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Heated grips FTW

That's the only heated gear I have - and I wouldn't give those up!!!

I've thought about the other heated stuff, but like Kosher, don't want to ride in salt so I'm not sure it's a good investment for me.

Gas Man
02-05-2016, 01:42 PM
What I'm saying is that it makes like so much more comfortable before the salt. You guys are only saying this because you haven't got some. I'm telling you guys...

Kosher
02-05-2016, 02:26 PM
What I'm saying is that it makes like so much more comfortable before the salt. You guys are only saying this because you haven't got some. I'm telling you guys...

I'm just saying cold doesnt stop me, salt does.

As it is, its a pain in the ass enough just to gear up let alone add plugging in heated gear, etc.

Gas Man
02-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Heated gear = less layers and BS

detdrbuzzard
02-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Heated gear = less layers and BS

maybe they like the staypuff marshmallow man look :)
I would rather be warm