PDA

View Full Version : Dear friend & Rider down - bad way... need your help!

Gas Man
10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
ATTENTION PEOPLE.... biker is a biker. It is what we stand for here at TWM... Harley, Honda, dirt, Indian, metric, Moe's Vespa... I don't care what you ride... and we have a dirt rider down.

This is very disturbing to me.. one of my dear friends had a dirt bike accident and now is going through one of the hardest times that any of us could be faced with. How would you do with a life status change like this? Would you need help?
The holidays are coming fast. Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE. Tim is a father of a wonderful little boy. He is a mechanic, the main income for his family. His family needs help. I need your help to help him.
He's a great man that is always willing to help others, he's helped me work on my stang. He's always been a fun guy to hang with, so full of life and fun. We will see this side of Tim through it all, but let's chip in. We work overtime to get extra money, but Tim isn't working now and can't for a while. Give what you can, it will all help.

The fundraising site one of his buddies started for him to help support his family. He's a mechanic and won't be able to make any money for his family right now. A complete life turn upside down.

https://www.gofundme.com/xx6f9gq4 (https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofundme.com%2Fxx6f9gq4&h=2AQGzBtoHAQFUhrAWUtrT3e9eAkDmFDm4ugybHdW6P7d_Ig&enc=AZPWORliq4-SZhDgR8jtFGrOsXiCcCIx4rKjzh04xBSblaoKemXY79L9rdm--gsh_tRjlZBp_7UYGlMap8DeJc0S23YG4_Nt6Z2KK5l5pWg7WIB T4AUFglFc0bgJUVu3ga94d2-v3M2jPPrWT7P-VHfKxwgVeSJCSdZw15JQJhm2oJyqb7zP2NXinJhAg87n4-Xk2_39EKWkd-jC8fe2aDC0&s=1)

As he posted on FB this morning...

Timothy S Weaver Jr (https://www.facebook.com/timothy.s.weaver.3)https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/y_/r/7Td3KbnQNdd.pngfeeling heartbroken
5 hrs Ann Arbor, MI (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ann-Arbor-Michigan/105479049486624)

I think yesterday from the morning to night was probably the hardest day of my life. Yesterday after all the painful tests that were preformed and because of just moving a lot for them, I was finally givin a title to my condition. I'm a Paraplegic. And that means that I have no feeling or control of anything below my belly button and down. I'm considered lucky for my condition, I could be much worse off. But the fact still remains I will never walk again and that alone breaks my heart.

Thank you everybody for your consideration....

I will be going to visit him tomorrow at U of M.

Bagger Dave
10-17-2015, 09:47 PM
I seen this on FB....Sorry to hear about this...Tim is a cool guy!
I just donated....thoughts and prayers for him and his family

owl
10-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Gas Man can I / we make a donation directly to the family? I'm not a fan of donation web sites. Perhaps I / we could send something to you and have you pass this on to his family.

Gas Man
10-18-2015, 11:59 AM
I seen this on FB....Sorry to hear about this...Tim is a cool guy!
I just donated....thoughts and prayers for him and his family

Very nice Dave... thanks.

Gas Man can I / we make a donation directly to the family? I'm not a fan of donation web sites. Perhaps I / we could send something to you and have you pass this on to his family.

I'm not sure... I'm going to see him today. I will try to remember to ask him. Maybe I can just get his home address. I'm sure his girl is still going home regularly.

Mudpuppy
10-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Blocked here at work. I will check it out later and donate for sure. Sorry to hear about this :(

Gas Man
10-19-2015, 09:36 PM
thanks Mud....

Went and seen him at U of M. It was weird man... I feel horrible for him. It's so surreal.

Owl... if you want, I can give you an address and name if you want to send him a donation directly. Appreciate your you kindness.

Chain
10-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Hmmm, weird, nothings ever blocked here at work, but I can't get the link to open... I get "something went wrong" notice.

NEVERMIND... GOT IT TO WORK!

sprink
10-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Always sad to hear news like this, I hope he has a strong family. Sounds like he has good friends.

Gas Man
10-20-2015, 10:14 PM
You guys are all aces I tell ya... regardless of what that Kosher guy says.

Moesride
10-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Sprink hit it dead nuts on over Tim hopefully having a strong family. Chokes me up when I look at this Kids face knowing the life alerting injuries he needs to face.

leebo
10-21-2015, 10:53 AM
thanks Mud.... Went and seen him at U of M. It was weird man... I feel horrible for him. It's so surreal. Owl... if you want, I can give you an address and name if you want to send him a donation directly. Appreciate your you kindness.I will need the address also.I thought it would take paypal

Mudpuppy
10-21-2015, 11:04 AM
thanks Mud....

Went and seen him at U of M. It was weird man... I feel horrible for him. It's so surreal.

Owl... if you want, I can give you an address and name if you want to send him a donation directly. Appreciate your you kindness.

I can deal with blood - hunting, helping an injured person, etc. etc. Doesn't bother me. I am the calm in the panic for sure. Maybe I missed my calling as an EMT. But I have a very hard time going and seeing someone who was involved in any kind of a 2 wheel incident. Something about seeing them and knowing in my mind why they are like that just gets to me. My friend Roger got run over by a van. Went to the hospital, saw him and after 2 minutes I had to leave. It was too much.

Life can change in the blink of an eye. Enjoy every last moment while you can. That's for sure.

owl
10-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Gas Man, if you will, text or email that address to me & I'll get something in the mail.

leebo
10-21-2015, 12:11 PM
I can deal with blood - hunting, helping an injured person, etc. etc. Doesn't bother me. I am the calm in the panic for sure. Maybe I missed my calling as an EMT. But I have a very hard time going and seeing someone who was involved in any kind of a 2 wheel incident. Something about seeing them and knowing in my mind why they are like that just gets to me. My friend Roger got run over by a van. Went to the hospital, saw him and after 2 minutes I had to leave. It was too much. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Enjoy every last moment while you can. That's for sure. AMEN brother!

Gas Man
10-21-2015, 10:21 PM
I understand Mud...

Lee, Owl... I sent you guys the info in a PM here.

leebo
10-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Got It,Sent It.Hope it helps.

Gas Man
10-22-2015, 10:57 PM
You guys rock!!

Kosher
10-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Any updates on how he's doing?

Gas Man
10-23-2015, 11:23 PM
He's in rehab... all day long... they say he will get out in about a month... so I will probably be helping him, well actually his girl, move before he gets out.

Bagger Dave
10-23-2015, 11:49 PM
He's in rehab... all day long... they say he will get out in about a month... so I will probably be helping him, well actually his girl, move before he gets out.
Let me know when you do that Chris and I will give ya a hand if you need some extra help

Gas Man
10-24-2015, 08:06 PM
For sure... thanks gents!!!

bombdog
10-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Chris Just seen this donated and posted on my facebook. I can only hope life gets better and maybe that 1% is chance enough.

Gas Man
10-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks stranger... you're all aces in my book!!

We can only hope that the chance is enough.

Moesride
10-28-2015, 11:09 AM
I'll say it again, I feel for this Kid!! Make sure he has family and friends supporting him for the long haul G. Mind is a powerful thing, needs to keep it clear.

Gas Man
10-28-2015, 11:53 AM
He's doing much better now that he got into the rehab section. He has regular clothes and they got him an electric wheelchair.