PDA

View Full Version : Cold & Wet

owl
10-03-2015, 07:06 PM
I got a text from Matt Wells last evening. Matt, his neighbor and another friend were going to ride around the Thumb today and wanted to know if I was interested? Sure I said a short ride sounded good. Matt, Scott (neighbor) and myself left Oxford about 11:45 this morning going north on M24 with a stop on the other side of Lapeer. We were to meet up with Ty and one other rider, but they chose to not ride (chicken). Needless to say it was a bit on the cool side and we experienced some rain. As we got close to Caseville the rain let up and we stopped for a late lunch. Back on the bikes headed for Port Austin, and we have a few drops fall. We decide to take M53 south toward home and not to far down that road the real rain starts. It rained all the way back to Oxford and beyond. A short ride did sound good but a short, wet, cold ride not so good. 248 miles and I'm home. It could have been worse, could have better, but we got to ride. No pictures as I didn't want to get my phone wet (poor excuse).

Happy Motoring
Jim

Bagger Dave
10-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Cool Jim! :rockwoot:

Gas Man
10-04-2015, 01:41 AM
Yeah I was at one of the kids football games this afternoon and it was insanely cold. Wife put the umbrella through a work out.

detdrbuzzard
10-04-2015, 07:42 AM
despite the rain it sounded like a good ride. I want to loop the thumb myself but I'm going to start at 21 mile road an take Jefferson up and ride around to bay city state park. the other ride I want to do before it gets too cold is to ride up to port huron then over to London, on. from there i'll decide if I want to take the 401 back to Windsor or take the 402 back to port huron