PDA

View Full Version : Where to find bobber fenders?

Bob
08-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking of ditching the fenders on my Drifter and going with smaller rear and front fenders. Anyone have any places they've dealt with for bobber style fenders? The bike looks so nice with the huge rear fender off right now.

Gas Man
08-09-2009, 12:12 AM
www.bikergarage101.com (http://www.bikergarage101.com) They sell all kinds of cheap stuff. But really any fender will work as long as you get the proper width and have the ability to weld and work with it.

Bob
08-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks Chris.

I looked last night and I noticed that the Drifter swing arm is not straight. The right side has a bend and would probably look goofy with a bobber fender.

Gas Man
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Got a better pic of that?

Bob
08-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Got a better pic of that?

I'll try and get one tonight. I'm going to go look at it again and see if maybe I was just wrong.

Bob
08-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Here is the picture. Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure the right side of the arm is on a slight angle and then gets straight at the end.

Bob
08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I took the front fender off and put the front tire back on without it. I think it looks pretty good. I'll probably run it this way the rest of the season and see how I like it. The bad part about the rear is that if I go with the bobber fender I'll either need new exhaust or need to cut the current ones. I totally did not think about it but the current exhaust is made to go to the rear of the fender. With the big fender gone the exhaust would stick out past the rear tire like 6"-8". We'll see how it looks on Thursday. I plan on getting the rear wheel back on then and see what it looks like without the fender.

Gas Man
08-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Why dont you run the rear fender mounted to the swingarm?

Bob
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Why dont you run the rear fender mounted to the swingarm?

It is already. The Drifter fender is swing arm mounted. That's why I wanted this bike so bad. I love that look. I just get sick of how huge the fender is. It makes checking the air, cleaning the wheels and checking and lubing the chain a huge pita.

Gas Man
08-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Well then it should be easily do-able.

Berto
08-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree with Chris... customize your bike. Make it look how you want it to look.

I've have the Dr. Z since January and it already had tons of mods, fenders, mirrors, radiators, soon will be tail light, exhaust... just do it and love it...

Even though I've become a pouser... Ugh... 1600 miles in 9 months is Sad!

Bob
08-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree with Chris... customize your bike. Make it look how you want it to look.

I've have the Dr. Z since January and it already had tons of mods, fenders, mirrors, radiators, soon will be tail light, exhaust... just do it and love it...

Even though I've become a pouser... Ugh... 1600 miles in 9 months is Sad!

You got me beat man! I got more hours logged into working on this bike than I do riding it this year. Was a bad year for riding.

I just got the rear fender back on, for now. The bike looks sweet without it I think but I need it for lights and stuff until I can change everything out. LOL