PDA

View Full Version : Dealers-n-Stealers

telecast
08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Who did right by you and who is a rip-off? This could be local dealers, ebayers, on-line mailorder, whoever. If we get enough posts this might be a good sticky.

I'll start with Donscyclewear.com. I ordered a set of bags from him and one came missing a concho. I emailed him and he said he'd send a new bag out asap. The next day I was installing the bags and one of the rivets that hold the D-ring on the back for tie-down broke. I emailed him again. He sent me a brand new set of bags and told me to keep the first ones for my trouble. I had already made a repair to the broken rivet and told him that, but he sent them anyway. The guy prides himself on customer service, and it shows!

Berto
08-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Honda East Toledo. Best price off the bat. No run around, no BS. They got me my bike at the price we agreed to... Even though I took delivery after the suzuki price hike.

telecast
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Ebay username robw23. Bought some pegs and an ignition module cover for my bike. Arrived in 2 days, everything fit perfectly, chrome is excellent.

Bob
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Honda East is awesome. I've dealt with James and Matt over there and never a problem. Sort of a shame that I have to drive all the way to Toledo to get good prices and great customer service but I do it. I use them most of OEM products.

Sportbiketrackgear.com is awesome! I've gone to their shop and bought my first pair of boots from them and since then a few other items. VERY good prices.

Rosenau I've dealt with a lot and attended a beginner rider course there. The parts counter guys are sometimes rude or just unfriendly and their prices are not competitive. But they are sort of close. I've had tires put on there and they service guys seemed decent, at least the guy at the counter. You can go in and look without the dealers hounding you, which is nice. The have a good selection of apparel and those people are usually helpful. Like I said, their prices just are not the best.

Bright Kawasaki I'll never step foot in again. Went in there once, before I had my license, just to get a feel for what a bike would cost. Some punk ass dealer stopped me and I told him I was looking for a used bike. He REFUSED to show me used bikes and wanted to show me new. Then he wold not stop bugging us about buying on the spot. We I told him I didn't even have a license yet his response was "So what, get a bike now and go ride it and you'll get practice before your test.". He WOULD not leave me alone. I wanted to punch this guy. The guy was a Class A Douche bag and I hope he's still not employed in this field. Then, because I'm brilliant, I went in there again to get spare key. That time was not as bad but I waited in line forever while the counter moron took care of personal stuff. They are just very rude and unprofessional in that place. Every time I talk to someone local on a new bike and they are complaining about their dealer it's always Bright. How this place stays in business I have nooooooo idea.

Gas Man
08-31-2009, 07:04 PM
First I'll take onto Bob's...

Rosenau... I hate that place. It's the poster child for problem metric dealership around here! Parts fucks dont have a clue and the dealership itself knows NOTHING about customer service.

Bright Kaw... I purchased tons of parts and was on a first name basis back in the late 90's - 2005. Bought my 9R in 2002 there. I have never had any problems with the sales guys. At the parts counter, the parts manager jeremy is great to deal with and really knows his shit. He's been there forever. Even now when I went there for a chain for my FIL, they all loved the Ultra and were real interested in what was standard/stock so I give them this much... best way to sell is to know the competion.

I have been to most of the HD dealerships around here. And hands down, Biker Bob's is the best IMHO. I hear allot of shit about them but usually it was Motown not BB. They have always treated me like gold, before I purchased a single bike from them and just had the chopper. The parts guys were helpfull and they know the bikes, who would tink... they actually ride! The sales staff is very good, will greet ya and help or just shoot the bs with you about the bikes. In the winter when looking to trade in the bikes, they came and picked up the bikes for FREE. I return good service with my biz. I have now purchased 3 bikes from them. Service dept... hands down THE BEST! Will pick up for FREE if you're broke down. Got my Ultra throttle fixed even when the parts were on a 2 week back order. HOW? They got parts over nighted from York, PA assembly plant. Charged me NOTHING! 3 day turn around, dropped off on Sunday done by Tues even but couldn't pick up till Wed cause it was raining and they couldn't test ride it. AAA+++

Did you guys see that Joe Richie car dealer on Telegraph in Taylor is now selling Aprilla??

Berto
09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I think most dealers are hit or miss and it depends a lot on the guy/girl you talk to.

I have heard good and bad about most all dealerships, except Toledo East.

Quick story...

Rosenau... when I wanted my new DRZ, the had a leftover for $4900... they sold for $6200 MSRP at the time.

The sales guy claimed that after taxes, set up and blah blah blah, it would be $6100 OTD. WTF?!!! I said...

"well" he replied "there are costs with keeping a bike here for over a year since it's a leftover and we have to put it together when it comes in"...

"I don't give a rats ass what you paid in costs, I am not paying more than I could pay for a new one."

"sorry, that's the price" I walked out...

called East, and picked up a 09, in Jan 09... a few months later (I didn't care since it was too cold to ride regardless in both occasions).

They quoted me a price in November... $5800 OTD when the bikes 09's where listed for $6300 MSRP. But the prices went up and now MSRP is $6800. I thought for sure they were going to go back on their price but NOPE! The new OTD should have been $6300... but since they gave me a VERBAL agreement to that price, they were going to honor it. VERBAL!!! It was only the salesgirl and I that spoke and she still hooked me up. So i had an 09 in 09... brand new baby in the garage, not a leftover. Which I don't care about the year if I get a heck of a deal, but better resale value and got my steal still.

THAT is service ladies and gentlemen.... and THAT is why I would recommend them until they prove me wrong.

Rosenau... suck my balls for trying to sell me an almost 2 year old leftover for new bike price.

telecast
09-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Rosenau... suck my balls for trying to sell me an almost 2 year old leftover for new bike price.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/image/ef7e9715e9a3e21a

telecast
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Anyone ever deal with Monroe Motorsports? I sent a quote request to them, and they answered (two days later) with:

"Your quote request doesn't contain any questions. Please call us with any questions you may have."

My response was: "I don't have any questions, I just want an OTD price on the bike."

Three days later, no response. It looks like their request for quote is just a means to get contact info for prospective buyers.

Berto
09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I would just call Honda East... they carry most brands.

Most stealerships are best if you walk in and see them in person to get the best price.

telecast
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I was looking at an '05 Road King. They seem to have a nice selection of used Harleys.

cbrown3381
09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
+1 on Toledo East. I bought a new 03 VTX1800S there in 2005. Got a great deal, had perfect service, could not have been happier. Sent the sales guy an email a year later about the extended warranty. I told him that I had such a good experience buying from them that if they would meet the best online price that I could find, I'd buy it there. They emailed back and said they'd do me one better. They beat it by 10%. Great place to deal with.

Capital Harley in Lansing sucks. they won't even bother to talk to you if you don't look like you have cash. They missed out on me buying a bike from them one day.

HD dealer in West Branch seemed nice. Old school, small place. Not one of the new log cabin, Starbucks looking HD dealers. I don't have a lot of experience with them though.

Cummings HD in Flint has got a good parts guy. Real talkative. Tries to sell you a lot of stuff, but not obnoxious. I can't speak to the service becuase I don't like to take it to the dealer unless I absolutely have to.

Realhog.com has got decent prices and has never caused me a problem. The same company ows Cruisercustomizing.com, and that site works just as well. Plus, you get a free t-shirt with $200 purchase.

Cement City HD lost out on me buying a bike one day because the sales people were too busy chatting amongst themselves to bother to ask me if I needed any help. Idiots.

Bob
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Anyone ever deal with Monroe Motorsports? I sent a quote request to them, and they answered (two days later) with:

"Your quote request doesn't contain any questions. Please call us with any questions you may have."

My response was: "I don't have any questions, I just want an OTD price on the bike."

Three days later, no response. It looks like their request for quote is just a means to get contact info for prospective buyers.

They RARELY answer emails. Your best bet is to just go in there. I've been there a couple of times to browse. A HUGE selection of used bikes.

telecast
09-05-2009, 08:56 AM
It wasn't really an email, they have a request for quote form on their website.

horrorbusiness
02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Port Huron Harley also known as Gilbert's. Family owned, super nice people.

Mudpuppy
02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
I hate when people don't answer email.. it isn't 1860.. how hard is it to reply? I deal with hundreds of emails every day.

Rider
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Treads and Sleds in Grands Rapids is awesome. I bought 2 new bikes from them and they are great to deal with. The owners are very cool and they are always setting up group rides. They also have the best deals on tires. Gear selection and prices could be better but I have other sources for that.

As far as gear and parts, Performance Moto(Holland, MI), New Enough, and STG have always been great to deal with. I prefer to shop local so Performance Moto gets a lot of my business. If you look them up online, dont buy from their online store, call them, ask for Ryan and you will get a much better price.

I've never had an issue with buying from anyone but I am also very cautious and choose to do business at reputable places by reading threads like these.

RoadZombie
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Kensington Motorsports in New Hudson/Milford....prices are usually pretty fair, the counter guys seem knowledgeable enough...only "issue" I found with them is any time I need a part they had to order it, and then don't bother to call when it comes in.

Chris300s
02-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I've only been into Wolverine (Clinton Township) a couple of times but the parts counter and the sales staff seemed relieved that someone would actually come in for parts! Last time they handed over some longer shock bolts gratis. Good experience so far....

Chris