PDA

View Full Version : TWC - 4.26.15 - Great Lakes Eatery & Pub - Milan

Gas Man
04-23-2015, 09:46 AM
So last weekend Nasty Nate and I found this nice route on our way back from Tecumseh HD (http://www.tecumsehhd.com/).

So I would like to ride it backwards and then hit up Great Lakes Eatery & Pub (http://greatlakeseateryandpub.net/) in Dundee

So meet in Belleville at the Mobil Gas station off I-94 Rawsonville Exit2120 Rawsonville Road
Belleville, Michigan

I'm thinking riding out to the dealer then come back to the lunch spot. That will put us right next to US23 for easy escape for many.

Meet at 12 due to 37* low Sat night.

Kosher
04-23-2015, 09:58 AM
So last weekend Nasty Nate and I found this nice route on our way back from Tecumseh HD (http://www.tecumsehhd.com/).

So I would like to ride it backwards and then hit up Great Lakes Eatery & Pub (http://greatlakeseateryandpub.net/) in Dundee

So meet in Belleville at the Mobil Gas station off I-94 Rawsonville Exit2120 Rawsonville Road
Belleville, Michigan

I'm thinking riding out to the dealer then come back to the lunch spot. That will put us right next to US23 for easy escape for many.

Meet at 12 due to 37* low Sat night.

How about an 1130 AM meet time?

For reference, the Mobile station address is 2120 Rawsonville Rd Belleville, MI Link here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/2120+Rawsonville+Rd,+Belleville,+MI+48111/@42.215697,-83.5449711,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x883b577e9a71f403:0xf376c5d6d5b52 fd3)

Gas Man
04-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Isn't that address I put above?

Sooner is fine by me.

I heard rumor it might be horrible weather.

alhall88
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Tell George I said Hey and order a Jameson and ginger ale with a twist of orange. Unfortunately I will be working right down the street. Try there chicken chunks they are pretty good

Gas Man
04-23-2015, 08:11 PM
So it gets a :dthumb: by you, Al?

glacieredlightning
04-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Got my son this weekend folks so I won't be able to ride till much later on Sunday. All y'all have a good ride.

Bagger Dave
04-24-2015, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I will keep a eye on the weather also.....right now its saying high of 49 degrees but sunny

Kosher
04-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I will keep a eye on the weather also.....right now its saying high of 49 degrees but sunny

I believe the further south you go the rain chance gets higher, but it looks like the forecast is improving, not worsening

Bagger Dave
04-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Okay...cool Keith!

alhall88
04-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah I like the place, I usually get there about 3 times a week. Pretty good food and a decent beer selection

Gas Man
04-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Head count????

Me
Dave
Kosher

Kosher is purposing a shift to a biker blessing at GTC.... I'm down either way.

Bagger Dave
04-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Head count????

Me
Dave
Kosher

Kosher is purposing a shift to a biker blessing at GTC.... I'm down either way.

I'm down....but I wouldn't mind checking out that place in Dundee....that sounds like a good ride....
and I think Moe would meet us there in the cage

Moesride
04-24-2015, 10:05 PM
If you boys decide to head towards Tecumseh HD and/or Dundee for lunch, I'll roll down there in my truck and meet up with you.

sprink
04-25-2015, 09:20 AM
I think I'm in. Depends on final plan I guess and how I feel after a third day of carpet cleaning and yard work.

Gas Man
04-25-2015, 11:00 AM
Well, we can always do this another weekend when we get more people involved... and do Kosher's thing....

http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2941&d=1429974047

Bagger Dave
04-25-2015, 11:13 AM
I will probably just ride out to Stone Lodge in Port Sanilac then....where I can get a good ride in....not real big on anything at Gibraltar :lol:

Kosher
04-25-2015, 11:55 AM
I will probably just ride out to Stone Lodge in Port Sanilac then....where I can get a good ride in....not real big on anything at Gibraltar :lol:

Dont let me derail your gig, I'm the only one that finds the original ride a bit inconvenient.

I'm guessing, Dave, you're working next weekend? Thats the big Holly vintage show

Bagger Dave
04-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Dont let me derail your gig, I'm the only one that finds the original ride a bit inconvenient.

I'm guessing, Dave, you're working next weekend? Thats the big Holly vintage show

Its all good Keith...yeah, remember I work every other weekend...so when I get a weekend off, I like to put down some miles or at least a good ride when possible...and yes I do work next weekend. If I wasn't working, I would go to that Holly Vintage Show

Kosher
04-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Its all good Keith...yeah, remember I work every other weekend...so when I get a weekend off, I like to put down some miles or at least a good ride when possible...and yes I do work next weekend. If I wasn't working, I would go to that Holly Vintage Show

Do the Dundee ride tomorrow!

CnA
04-25-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm in. You Harley guys seem to tolerate my V-Strom quite well :lol:

Gas Man
04-25-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm just going to sit on my bike and rev it up a bit.

Thruxtonbill
04-25-2015, 04:19 PM
As usual I'm confused, on the off chance that I make this ride now that I live on the west side......where the hell are you going?

Kosher
04-25-2015, 04:21 PM
As usual I'm confused, on the off chance that I make this ride now that I live on the west side......where the hell are you going?

Dundee, the original post

Gas Man
04-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Ok. Original post.

Meet in Belleville off 94. @ 12

Bagger Dave
04-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Ok. Original post.

Meet in Belleville off 94. @ 12

ALrighty....I will be at your crib by 11:30 am

sprink
04-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Is there a ride out to Belleville, or are you guys just slabbing it?

Gas Man
04-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm just going to moosey my way over there... but it's 20 mins by slab and 30 by back roads from my house... 'ish....

bombdog
04-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Sorry missed this Life has been crazy will fill you all in I got a new job.

leebo
04-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Sorry missed this Life has been crazy will fill you all in I got a new job.new jobs are cool! In Michigan?

CnA
04-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Here's a helpful hint:
Don't park your bike next to a depressed metal cover at a gas station. When you step in it to get off your bike, you will trip and dump your bike in front of everyone.

Another hint:
Crash bars are a great thing to protect your bike!

Final hint:
If you run out of gas in your car in front of a gas station, make sure bikers are there to push you to a pump!

Bagger Dave
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Here's a helpful hint:
Don't park your bike next to a depressed metal cover at a gas station. When you step in it to get off your bike, you will trip and dump your bike in front of everyone.

Another hint:

Final hint:
If you run out of gas in your car in front of a gas station, make sure bikers are there to push you to a pump!

Yeah...it was an interesting morning....huh chuck!

Was a great ride...a little chilly in the morning and on the way home....I did 270 miles today! great food at the Great Lakes Eatery and Pub also! It was good to see Moe and Bill! and everyone else :rockwoot:

sprink
04-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Quite a nice day for Church. Really happy to see you again Bill. Need to spend more time on the road this summer.
Sorry to see you on the ground today Chuck, but good to spend the rest of the day with ya!
Great to see you today Moe. Two wheels next time?
Always nice to ride with Dave, Chris and whichever lovely lady he brings, LOL.
Hope some more people can join this motley crew this spring!

CnA
04-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Quite a nice day for Church. Really happy to see you again Bill. Need to spend more time on the road this summer.
Sorry to see you on the ground today Chuck, but good to spend the rest of the day with ya!

Nice riding with everyone! I was careless not looking where I put my foot down. Don't plan on making that mistake again and don't want to look like an clumsy nerd trying to ride.

Should of tried this story on the lovely lady about my nose to see how effective it is on women. :lmao:
"I saw a large feral pit bull started charging a child, so I jumped on it knocking it down, but it tried to go for my throat while I was holding it back. I was beating it's face with my bare hands trying to stop it from ripping my throat out, but it managed to get in a few vicious bites. The child escaped unharmed, but I'm a bit scarred up."

Gas Man
04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Sorry missed this Life has been crazy will fill you all in I got a new job.

Hope it's a good one bud and hope to see you soon. It's been too long!

Here's a helpful hint:

Another hint:

Final hint:

I tell ya, that's some great life advice there! :rofl:

"Chris and whichever lovely lady he brings, LOL." That is funny and me and both ladies got a heck of a kick out of it!! :rofl:

Great to see you again Sprink!

Nice riding with everyone! I was careless not looking where I put my foot down. Don't plan on making that mistake again and don't want to look like an clumsy nerd trying to ride.

Should of tried this story on the lovely lady about my nose to see how effective it is on women. :lmao:
"I saw a large feral pit bull started charging a child, so I jumped on it knocking it down, but it tried to go for my throat while I was holding it back. I was beating it's face with my bare hands trying to stop it from ripping my throat out, but it managed to get in a few vicious bites. The child escaped unharmed, but I'm a bit scarred up."

Yeah I tried it on her... she suggests not involving a certain breed, maybe try a coyote instead because everyone hates those. :lol:

Gas Man
04-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Here was my steed in the morning waiting on Dave.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/2%20Wheel%20Michigan/TwoWheelChurch/IMG_9821_zpsza083wib.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/user/cjclark69/media/2%20Wheel%20Michigan/TwoWheelChurch/IMG_9821_zpsza083wib.jpg.html)

And our group (minus Dave taking the pic & "Lovely Lady" went inside) at the dealership stop
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/2%20Wheel%20Michigan/TwoWheelChurch/IMG_9823_zpsdfui60ki.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/user/cjclark69/media/2%20Wheel%20Michigan/TwoWheelChurch/IMG_9823_zpsdfui60ki.jpg.html)

The food at the Great Lakes was good and the atmosphere is about what I expected... family. But the food was good!

Thruxtonbill
04-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks for a great day guys, I was really glad I showed up and can't wait to do it again.

CnA
04-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Yeah I tried it on her... she suggests not involving a certain breed, maybe try a coyote instead because everyone hates those. :lol:

OK, then it will be a couple of rabid coyotes that went after my Yorkie, then broke off and went after a nearby child. That should get the ladies hormones surging.:sex:

I'll make sure I'm walking her to add to the effect. LOL!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x166/CnAPhot/dogs/IceQueen_s.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/CnAPhot/media/dogs/IceQueen_s.jpg.html)

Gas Man
04-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah there ya go buddy!!! :lmao: