PDA

View Full Version : Indian Darkhorse

Moesride
04-15-2015, 11:31 AM
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/743/22007/Motorcycle-Article/2016-Indian-Dark-Horse-First-Look.aspx

Not a huge fan of the Indian lineup except for the darkhorse. Really diggin this bike.... What do you think?

Gas Man
04-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Not bad... a bit of a cross over on styles....

leebo
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Cool lookin! From Polaris I like the judge!

Larry64
04-15-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm not big on the flat black style regardless of brand. I do like the new Indians though. A friend bought the classic. I'm not big on the switches but the rest of it is nice......and it moves.

ChefC14
04-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Torque monster, I'd ride it. Not too sure about the headlight bucket. I do like the blacked out look. It looks odd with the ape hangers but everyone has their own tastes. Be nice to see one in person.

Gas Man
04-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree, I'd love to see one in person. Maybe Moe can get us a bird dog on when the dealer gets one.

sprink
04-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I have been waiting for Polaris to make a bike I would like. The Victory bikes style is too much future and the Indian too much Stereotype. I don't like flat black though.

RedneckMedic
04-19-2015, 10:33 PM
I wish they would do a street fighter style bike. While I like flat black i don't dig the new Indians too much. Nice power plant but that's it. I don't care to much for the style. Their comes a time when you need to update and not make all your bikes look the f-img same.

Gas Man
04-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Keeping everything the same on all models is something that all too many manufactures do. Cars and bikes the same

ChefC14
04-20-2015, 12:29 AM
I think the Plymouth Duster changed every year. They were subtle changes but they were changes. When I was a kid my brother and I would sit in the back of dads car as we rode down the highway calling off the years by the tail lights. Imagine if bike companies did those subtle changes as well. The impala also.

Gas Man
04-20-2015, 07:39 AM
I would refer to current day and how Chevy for example will slowly make all their grills on all their shit look the same. It's stupid.

Kosher
04-20-2015, 04:19 PM
I would refer to current day and how Chevy for example will slowly make all their grills on all their shit look the same. It's stupid.

I think the idea is to maintain a visual identity across models. I personally think it makes sense. Having a set of common or at least related design cues gives the lines a certain cohesiveness where you can pretty easily identify the brand.

I dont think parts should be exactly the same like you say, but at least you get the notion that there's a cohesive design theme or philosophy. Now the risk with that approach is that if you dont particuarly care for a given design style, you are pretty much going to ignore everything that shares that style.

As for Indian, the whole thing just doesnt really interest me. That company died in 1953. OK, fine, Polaris buys the rights, and picks *one* Indian design theme to replicate everywhere. Thats fine with me, but to me it isnt an Indian. Its something that looks like one Indian model. Without the fender design, which I dont care for, there's nothing particularly Indian about it. They all look like a Victory designers idea of what an Indian looks like.

Gas Man
04-20-2015, 10:11 PM
I definitely think that they look very victory (good or bad). Especially the inner fairing and controls and blinkers

Larry64
04-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Many years ago I had neighbor named Ed. He was an old guy that was an Indian man. He restored a few late model fours that I got to mess with and I got to ride one. I did him a favor with a cop friend that was a biker to get one of them titled. I would love to see a new four, an engine laid out like a Triumph Rocket Three, Indian style, but state of the art engineering. It would be a great, unique ride and the base for a great touring bike.

Gas Man
04-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Now THAT is an Indian!!