PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Remorse

Moesride
03-14-2015, 07:40 PM
Ok, not as if I went out and bought a house or an expensive car that I deeply regret but nevertheless I did get wrapped up in buying a pair of aftermarket lower fairings.
I knew I was making a bad decision from the get go but being overly influenced by the seller at the quality of these, I took the bait.
Complete shit in a dozen ways !!!! From quality to fitment !!! My own fault, you get what you pay for and should have known better . As far as returning them, not going to happen. For one I barely touched the snaps were the door goes and well, look at the picture ( first one ). Secondly, wouldn't be worth the return postage to send them back anyway .
So I went and bought Harley Davidson OEM lowers...... quality but pricey !! ( last three pictures)...I say again, you get what you pay for.
Any purchase regrets you guys have along the same lines as this ? I can't be the only fool..... right?

sprink
03-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Sucks, but you are right. Sometimes "you get what you pay for" is the right answer. Harley stuff is expensive, but not all of it is over priced.

Bagger Dave
03-14-2015, 07:58 PM
And at least you can get 20% off of HD stuff

RedneckMedic
03-14-2015, 09:30 PM
That sucks moe. Ya those mutazu lowers were hit or miss. Mine were ok but still not the best quality. My harley ones I have now are much better. Live and learn trying to save a dollar.

leebo
03-14-2015, 10:29 PM
I been burned so many times by trying to save a buck!

Gas Man
03-15-2015, 12:35 PM
So those were the mutazu lowers that you had a few months ago?? Didn't you sell those on CL or something?

Slowly but surely you will have an Ultra. :D

Moesride
03-15-2015, 09:46 PM
So those were the mutazu lowers that you had a few months ago?? Didn't you sell those on CL or something?

Slowly but surely you will have an Ultra. :D

No not Mutazu but another company just like them, actually may be of lower quality than what Mutazu sells. Those lowers are sitting on my storage rack....going to throw them out next garbage pick up day.
As far as the SG looking like a Ultra.....I think I'm there...lol

Gas Man
03-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Oh yeah... you're there bud! :lol:

Tin Man
03-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Almost every time I buy after market M/C parts,I'm sorry, the Factory knows best. On the same topic,I now work part time at a collision shop (boats, RV's and Cars) the Taiwan fenders and quarters are a joke. The American made OEM parts always fit !!

Gas Man
03-19-2015, 08:28 PM
My body guy HATES aftermarket body panels. He'd rather put on a used part.

sprink
03-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Almost every time I buy after market M/C parts,I'm sorry, the Factory knows best. On the same topic,I now work part time at a collision shop (boats, RV's and Cars) the Taiwan fenders and quarters are a joke. The American made OEM parts always fit !!

My body guy HATES aftermarket body panels. He'd rather put on a used part.

Yep. I bought a knock off fender from the Pontiac dealer and when I opened the box it had a dent in it. I took it back and he told me they all come like that. Ponied up the big bucks and bought a real one. Problem is the OEM is 3 or 4 times the cost so everyone tries to use the Chinese ones.

Moesride
03-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Right spring.... it always boils down to the money factor. Sometimes you give things a shot when they are 3-4 times less over OEM as you stated. But.... you get burned more times than not. Yes, there are things you can get away with by buying cheaper Chinese or wherever products but certain things "common sense "needs to kick in before the price tag.

alhall88
03-24-2015, 12:18 AM
I feel your pain I go through this shit every time. But what I do is junk up my bike and after a year or so I say what the hell was I thinking. Case in point I buy extra bags, lowers,windshield bags,and the suddenly I look at my bike and say who the fuck put all that shit on my bike? So this year I pulled off the lowers, crash bar bags, windshield bags, and said now thats a motorcycle. Did I mention that I'm also about 3/4 into a fifth of Jameson 18 year?

Bagger Dave
03-24-2015, 05:42 AM
Did I mention that I'm also about 3/4 into a fifth of Jameson 18 year?

:lol: :rockwoot:

Gas Man
03-25-2015, 11:08 PM
I think I have seen this happen with Al's bike...

Keep up the drinking Al... I'd like to join ya.

junkyardjon
04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
I HATE buying aftermarket lights cause most are shit, even the led ones