PDA

View Full Version : Other hobbies...

Berto
07-31-2009, 12:24 PM
I know we all ride bikes, but what about other interests?

Personally, I play the guitar, am in a band. (Rock & Roll Revival)

Got into guitar less than a year ago, but the winters in MI are pretty boring, so I've spent countless hours getting better. I think I'm pretty decent actually... learning to lead and solo now, but I am one badass rhythm player. I play anything from GnR to Nirvana, from Ingrid Michaelson (Girls love it when I play this) to Poison. Beatles, The Doors, CCR, Buffet... guess I play anything that sounds good or helps me practice.

Also can sing halfway decent, depending on the song... the voice is not great, but at least I sing in key.

And am now picking up classic spanish guitar. Got an INSANE deal on this classic nylon string guitar that has awesome tone.

Telecast, I'm going to assume you play guitar also... if you do, let me know... always looking to jam and learn... that's how I have improved so fast, jamming with others is the best way to not get bored and improve

I like to kneedrag... here's a pic of it happening...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2616/195/123/514376211/n514376211_2748309_6593195.jpg

I also play volleyball, softball and like to read.

Getting married in May of next year... so planning that also with the wife (to be).

I play hockey and ice skate occasionally also. Cycle also, but not as much as I used to.

Anyone else have A.D.D. like me?

telecast
07-31-2009, 12:31 PM
See my response in introductions.

You better pick one or two hobbies. Once you get married you can kiss the rest goodbye!

Make sure they're hobbies she likes for at the least the first two years. After that you can claim you "need some space".....

Gas Man
07-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I really don't do anything but bikes. I work allot, and some say I'm into home improvements but I don't think so. I do those more as a requirement. But otherwise its all bikes. I'm either riding, posting, research, or wrenching.

Gary
08-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Offroading in my jeep. and working on cars. I am starting a 1949 ford pick up that belongs to my gf family, that her dad started building before he passed away. The best part is i don't have to buy the parts for the truck.

Fishman
08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
HEy Berto

I play to..In fact Telecast and I have been in a few bands together..
I still have one The NightCrawlers..a three piece..playing this Saturday in Milford at MVP..

Berto
08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Nice Fishman... let me know when you are playing again. I love to support local talent. This weekend I will be out of commission as it is the Wife's birthday weekend... so her wish is my command and I bet you her wishes do not include me riding. LOL.

But when are you playing again? I will be there for sure!

Fishman
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Berto--your in Novi we have a gig at Lakeview Bar and Grill 5 minutes from Novi Mall
at 13 mile and Old Novi Road I think it's August 22 ..that would be cool if we could get a bunch of bikes to show...I'll double check the date....If you come out plan on sitting in for a few songs..that would be great!!! Maybe we can get Telecast to do the same..
We'll have a Two Wheel jam...

Bob
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM
My other hobbies include racing my Porsche and Lamborghini. Oh wait, those are dreams.

My other hobbies are fishing, detailing, and working on my 3 websites.

Berto
08-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Berto--your in Novi we have a gig at Lakeview Bar and Grill 5 minutes from Novi Mall
at 13 mile and Old Novi Road I think it's August 22 ..that would be cool if we could get a bunch of bikes to show...I'll double check the date....If you come out plan on sitting in for a few songs..that would be great!!! Maybe we can get Telecast to do the same..
We'll have a Two Wheel jam...

That is walking distance from my house!!!! I live off Novi Rd and 12 1/2...

FACK!!! I'm going to a wedding that day!!!! FACK, FACK, FACK!!!! I don't even like the prick getting married... but the wife and her family know him since he was a kid. Let me see if maybe I can get out of it. This will be more fun for sure!!!

vortech302
08-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Berto, I'm not copying off you but I'm trying to find a volleyball league to play in when fall softball is over. I play the guitar but I'm very poor. Other than that I'm into cars, hoping to have my Mustang back out next year after 6 years of hibernation. working out, running, trying to play the stock market, and I'm not sure if it's an addiction or a hobby but fantasy baseball and football.

Bob
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Berto, I'm not copying off you but I'm trying to find a volleyball league to play in when fall softball is over. I play the guitar but I'm very poor. Other than that I'm into cars, hoping to have my Mustang back out next year after 6 years of hibernation. working out, running, trying to play the stock market, and I'm not sure if it's an addiction or a hobby but fantasy baseball and football.

I know they play beach volleyball all of the time at BASF Park in Wyandotte by the golf course.

vortech302
08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I did not know that. I'm going to check it out for sure, thanks for the tip.

Fishman
08-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Berto--I'll be back there on Halloween also..

Berto
08-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Vortech, there is a pickup league that plays in farmington during the school year... that's what I play on...

Fishman, I can plan for the halloween event... still working on not going to this wedding.

Bob
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I did not know that. I'm going to check it out for sure, thanks for the tip.

No problemo. I guess the sandy courts are really nice. Not sure if it's leagues or what but they are always packed when I drive by in the evenings.

vortech302
08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Bob - I never even knew that it was there, I'm gonna make a trip down there one day.

Berto - I was told Flat Rock has a league in the fall and that's pretty close to me.

Berto
08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Where is flat rock? Have not lived in Michigan long...

Fishman, I was told that I have to go to the wedding... when wife talks, I guess I have to listen. I had to turn down two gigs but have an acoustic one set up maybe... busy life sucks... I want things to slow down a bit. Well, at least Im rarely bored.

Gas Man
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Flat Rock is exit 29 off 75 and is between brownstown/rockwood/woodhaven.

Fishman
08-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Berto and Telecast..remember your both invited to Lakeview Grilltomorrow night
to sit in with the band...9 till 1:00...

Berto
08-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey guys... Man... that wedding sucked ass...

Lakeside would have been 1000 times better I'm sure. Next time for sure.