PDA

View Full Version : My lack of bike mod season... boo

Ultra AL
02-25-2015, 11:32 AM
My mods this season: GasMans center mount kickstand. That's it for the bike, all of the rest of my dough is going toward mods for the house. New furnace today. Old one is about to blow up/melt down. $4100 out the door but at least it's all smartphone stuff. Can control the thing from Malaysia if I want to.

Garage door opener died yesterday. Sheared off gear shaft inside the unit. Can probably fix it and squeak another year out of it, but hey, gotta be like Kosher and start hating money. At Moe's advice, going with a belt drive system with all the smartphone bells and whistles. I guess I'll be able to open and close the door as well as work the hvac if I'm ever in Malaysia! Another $500 out the door.

To top yesterday off, some punk kid rear ended my beater yesterday. He was playing around with his radio and not paying attention to me stopped at the light. Broke the tail light lens cover etc. Fortunately nobody hurt. At least I wasn't on the bike when I got smacked!

All around, a great week. So the bike mod budget is running on empty this season.

RedneckMedic
02-25-2015, 05:07 PM
I would say so Al. You could buy another dyna with all that chedda

Gas Man
02-25-2015, 07:17 PM
My mods this season: GasMans center mount kickstand. That's it for the bike, all of the rest of my dough is going toward mods for the house. New furnace today. Old one is about to blow up/melt down. $4100 out the door but at least it's all smartphone stuff. Can control the thing from Malaysia if I want to.

Garage door opener died yesterday. Sheared off gear shaft inside the unit. Can probably fix it and squeak another year out of it, but hey, gotta be like Kosher and start hating money. At Moe's advice, going with a belt drive system with all the smartphone bells and whistles. I guess I'll be able to open and close the door as well as work the hvac if I'm ever in Malaysia! Another $500 out the door.

To top yesterday off, some punk kid rear ended my beater yesterday. He was playing around with his radio and not paying attention to me stopped at the light. Broke the tail light lens cover etc. Fortunately nobody hurt. At least I wasn't on the bike when I got smacked!

All around, a great week. So the bike mod budget is running on empty this season.

You could go to parts galore and hope they have one and get it cheap. Or you could call Glens and they will get it for you. You can even look it up online..

http://www.glenscarandtruck.com

Kosher
02-25-2015, 10:08 PM
The good news is, you're going to Malaysia!

Moesride
02-27-2015, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kosher;67736]The good news is, you're going to Malaysia :lol: ...have a nice trip Al!