PDA

View Full Version : Rain suit

Moesride
02-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Did a little search and found a couple old threads on rain suits used a few years back by a few of you.
Figured I would post a new thread to see what kind of rain gear you guys/gals are using and how its held up for you and if what you bought you've been happy with. I bought these yesterday , 20% off retail........still need rain gaiters for my boots. Still looking on that. You?

leebo
02-06-2015, 06:11 PM
that's a nice looking rain suit mo I just have an old yellow thing I throw on.

Gas Man
02-07-2015, 12:28 AM
I got the HD one that folds up into the hood of itself. Is super small for the sidebag storage. Works well. Even when it slides down the concrete.

Bagger Dave
02-07-2015, 06:45 AM
I got the HD one that folds up into the hood of itself. Is super small for the sidebag storage. Works well. Even when it slides down the concrete.
I have the same one...I believe its called the HD Canal Rainsuit

Moesride
02-07-2015, 08:53 AM
I went based on yours Bagger D. After talking with you about it, this was the closest newer version I could find to the Canal which is no longer made. Was going to go with the frog togs at a way lesser cost since its a rain suit right, but decide I wanted a more heat resistant pant which these are with the heat resistant liner on the inside pant leg. I don't want to melt anything on the pipes including myself.

Gas Man
02-07-2015, 11:52 AM
I did Frog Togs but burnt the leg by the boot the first time I wore them... not worth the savings.

Ultra AL
02-07-2015, 01:09 PM
I have the HD suit with the heat shield on the leg. It works great. I've used it several times, and it's kept me dry every time.

Kosher
02-08-2015, 12:19 PM
HD Hi Viz

bombdog
02-09-2015, 10:10 AM
I also have the Hi Vis it has worked great just wish I would put it on before it rains. As for the gaiters I would skip them they are a PIA to put on and really if you have lowers you dont need them. IMHO

Gas Man
02-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Yeah if you have your lowers on... that is true about the gators. Plus a boot that is pull over vs lace up helps HUGE!

bombdog
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
My boots are Gore Tex which helps.

Moesride
02-10-2015, 03:31 PM
I have been wearing the same style boot for years, Timberland pros in brown. Never much cared for black boots, don't know why. I will be buying the HD Rain Gaiters , part # 98349-07V. I do have lowers on the bike that help keep your feet dry but sometimes that's not enough. We've all been soaked right to the sock at some point or another.... great for longer trips.

Kosher
02-10-2015, 03:46 PM
I have been wearing the same style boot for years, Timberland pros in brown. Never much cared for black boots, don't know why. I will be buying the HD Rain Gaiters , part # 98349-07V. I do have lowers on the bike that help keep your feet dry but sometimes that's not enough. We've all been soaked right to the sock at some point or another.... great for longer trips.

Yeah, lowers havent been much help keeping my feet dry. I have the gaitors, but they take up more room.

This past summer I rode an entire day in solid rain in western North Carolina, feet were soaked.

Moesride
02-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Keith, your feet were soaked with just the lowers or you were wearing the gators and still got soaked?

Kosher
02-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Keith, your feet were soaked with just the lowers or you were wearing the gators and still got soaked?

Lowers, but no gators. I have worn gators before, they do work.

You feel like a dork walking into a gas station with them on tho.

RedneckMedic
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Don't some of the rain suits have a boot gaiter on them.

bombdog
02-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Lowers, but no gators. I have worn gators before, they do work.

You feel like a dork walking into a gas station with them on tho.

And you look like one tooo.... (in my best singing voice)

The real trick is to get the stuff on before the rain something I never do I just keep looking ahead thinking its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, no its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, shit I am soaked.....

Gas Man
02-17-2015, 10:30 AM
That's exactly how it works Bombdog.

Kosher
02-17-2015, 11:45 AM
And you look like one tooo.... (in my best singing voice)

The real trick is to get the stuff on before the rain something I never do I just keep looking ahead thinking its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, no its gonna miss me, no I should pull over, shit I am soaked.....

Its very difficult to time right, especially in the south. Put it on before the tstorm rolls in and you sweat your ass off.

So what happens is you wait too long, get wet, pull over, put your suit on, get going, it immediately stops raining and you bake. So you pull over and take it off.

Ad infinitum.

bombdog
02-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Its very difficult to time right, especially in the south. Put it on before the tstorm rolls in and you sweat your ass off.

So what happens is you wait too long, get wet, pull over, put your suit on, get going, it immediately stops raining and you bake. So you pull over and take it off.

Ad infinitum.

Yep dats da way it is.....

Gas Man
02-17-2015, 06:15 PM
If you do, it won't.
If you don't, it will.

Our lives...

detdrbuzzard
02-17-2015, 07:47 PM
I have nelson- riggs rain gear that I've only worn once. my cool weather riding jackets are waterproof and the new tourmaster summer jacket has a waterproof liner, I use the liner with my joe rocket ballistic jacket so I don't get wet wearing the JR jacket. my mesh over pants seem to be waterproof, I've never been wet with them on and all my other over pants are waterproof. my tourmaster response ( first gen ) boots are waterproof so my rain gear doesn't get worn or even taken with me