PDA

View Full Version : And because of that, I can't get my bike out....

telecast
07-29-2009, 07:50 AM
My street is being reconstructed. The contractor is all set to pour curb, and has been since Monday. We got a lettter last week saying it would be Monday and asking us to park on a sidestreet. We can't get in and out of our driveway. I've been parking in the street because I get home when their day is done and leave for work before they start. The wife has been parking a block away on a sidestreet.

Once they pour the curb we'll have to keep cars off of it for 6 days. Then new driveway approaches and sidewalk, another 6 days. The idiot contractor isn't coordinated enough to schedule the pours so there's overlap on the cure time. Yes, that's doable. It's done all the time.

I'm supposed to go to a bike event Saturday. If they pour the curb today I'll get my bike out by just building up a ramp on both sides of the curb. But, it's raining. Will they work? Won't they? Who knows. If they wait until tomorrow I can still get it out. But if it doesn't get poured until Friday I'm screwed. If I damage the curb pushing the bike over it they'll yank it out, replace it, and charge me.

Of course if they get the curb in and not the sidewalk I'll ride the bike down the old sidewalk grade to the next sidestreet. :cool:

What a bunch of crap.

vortech302
07-29-2009, 12:50 PM
That blows, got anywhere to keep it for a couple weeks?

telecast
07-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Nowhere close.

They got the curb in yesterday, if they hold off on the walk until Monday it'll be fine.

Bob
07-30-2009, 08:43 PM
My street is being reconstructed. The contractor is all set to pour curb, and has been since Monday. We got a lettter last week saying it would be Monday and asking us to park on a sidestreet. We can't get in and out of our driveway. I've been parking in the street because I get home when their day is done and leave for work before they start. The wife has been parking a block away on a sidestreet.

Once they pour the curb we'll have to keep cars off of it for 6 days. Then new driveway approaches and sidewalk, another 6 days. The idiot contractor isn't coordinated enough to schedule the pours so there's overlap on the cure time. Yes, that's doable. It's done all the time.

I'm supposed to go to a bike event Saturday. If they pour the curb today I'll get my bike out by just building up a ramp on both sides of the curb. But, it's raining. Will they work? Won't they? Who knows. If they wait until tomorrow I can still get it out. But if it doesn't get poured until Friday I'm screwed. If I damage the curb pushing the bike over it they'll yank it out, replace it, and charge me.

Of course if they get the curb in and not the sidewalk I'll ride the bike down the old sidewalk grade to the next sidestreet. :cool:

What a bunch of crap.

Yeah, just ride it on the grass. If you need a place to keep it for a week or two you can store it in my garage.

Fishman
07-30-2009, 10:30 PM
just do a wheelie across everyones lawn....

No rain coming so that won't enter into the picture..

telecast
07-31-2009, 07:40 AM
The only grass left is in people's lawns. The closest way out is blocked by a fence.

As it turns out, it looks like any plans I had for riding are in the toilet, work beckons.

Thanks for the offer Bob.

Berto
07-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Park it at my house... it will get loved with my two bikes...

telecast
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Um, I think it's bad form to hump someone else's ride....:p

Berto
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
nothing some soap and water wont wash off.

telecast
08-02-2009, 08:08 AM
As pedicted, work stole the day. There was a brief bit of hope that they'd be done in time for me to get home and meet up with Fishman and his crew for a ride, but it was too late. Bleah.