PDA

View Full Version : Lane Sharing/Splitting Petition

Gas Man
12-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Not the best way to go about getting it...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-motorcycle-lane-sharing-all-public-roads/qP86QbjN

Good or bad?

Moesride
12-07-2014, 10:37 PM
You start lane splitting around here, you may as well call ahead and acquaint yourself with the medical examiner.

junkyardjon
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM
You start lane splitting around here, you may as well call ahead and acquaint yourself with the medical examiner.
sums it up

Chain
12-08-2014, 08:46 AM

You may be right.

I'd like to see it for the simple fact of sitting in congested traffic sucks not to mention the stress it puts on an air cooled motor.

And when it's HOT, nothing sucks more than that HOT ass motor between your legs.

If done in a responsible manner I think it'd be a positive move. (Slow and easy)

Unfortunately, the mass majority is of the ignorant persuasion, and would probably end up as you said...

But, just because of the dumb asses and their high level of ignorance, it shouldn't limit my rights in any regard.

So, I'd be for it!

I'm pretty sure Kali is the only state that allows it.

bombdog
12-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Well with all the debris in the shoulders that option is out coming across a bumper or a truck bed could be worse for your bike.

bombdog
12-08-2014, 09:18 AM
What no turn signal??

http://youtu.be/Kz4ZGqfwNEM

Chain
12-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Well with all the debris in the shoulders that option is out coming across a bumper or a truck bed could be worse for your bike.

That's why I said slow and easy. Creeper mode! Make it a speed limit deal... 10 mph or some shit.

leebo
12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Man thats scary lookin.

bombdog
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Yep it was originally for air cooled bikes. I would do a shoulder but the way people text, use phones and generally not pay attention while driving, I would not want to split lanes.

sfcusaret2004
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Think it would be a good idea if only allowed at traffic lights and congested areas if speed is below 10-15 mph. As it is, a new law was enacted this year making it illegal to drive in the left land except to pass and idiots still either can't or won't get back into the right lane. Seems over half of the drivers in Michigan believe the left lane belongs only to them!

Gas Man
12-08-2014, 03:11 PM
It would need some PSA to help get the point across.

Moesride
12-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Issue for me is no matter how slow you may be going or how cautious you are being you just can't predict stupidity by a driver not paying attention. Doesn't take much to fuck yourself up ! Slow speeds will do that as well. Larger touring bikes take up a lot of room between two lanes or any bike really. Just my opinion, definitely a No for me.

Ultra AL
12-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Issue for me is no matter how slow you may be going or how cautious you are being you just can't predict stupidity by a driver not paying attention. Doesn't take much to fuck yourself up ! Slow speeds will do that as well. Larger touring bikes take up a lot of room between two lanes or any bike really. Just my opinion, definitely a No for me.

I'm with ya Moe. I can't see myself ever wanting to do that, for sure not on a touring bike. Now Mud and his sportbike might have a different view on it. But it aint for me!

Gas Man
12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
My concern wouldn't be inattention of the drivers, my issue would be the purposefully ill intent.

leebo
12-09-2014, 01:58 AM
My concern wouldn't be inattention of the drivers, my issue would be the purposefully ill intent.Yep those people are out there!