PDA

View Full Version : What's a ride?

telecast
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
What does a ride mean, to you? Some people use their bikes for work and general transportation, some to run to the store, some only for recreational riding. For this poll, I want to keep it to recreational riding. What does a 'Ride' entail? Are you a:

Few hours around the house type of person, maybe an hour to breakfast, dinner, or a beer, or just a short aimless cruise?

Day tripper, ride several hours to an event or attraction, or maybe hit one of the Great Lakes, spend the day and head back?

Vacationer, take the bike on a long touring run across the country, or even just to a neighboring state? This one should be limited to at least 8 hours in the saddle.

Me, I like both short rides and day trips. I've never done any touring and sure don't want to try it on my Sportster. Mybe there's a Road King in my future....

You can make more than one choice in the poll, but let's keep it to your two favorites.

Bob
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Day tripper for me. I like the early weekend rides when I can enjoy the roads with little traffic and ride for hours and still be back at home for the late afternoon to get work done.

vortech302
07-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Anything that doesn't involve running an errand on the bike I consider a ride.

Fishman
07-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I voted day tripper--though I also like the occasional group event ride...
I have not done any real touring but intend to..may be going to Iowa in a couple weeks thats about 1200 mile round trip..and talking about a fall color tour to PA...
I also ride my daily commute..