PDA

View Full Version : Mod season 2015 begins

Pages : [1] 2

Moesride
11-07-2014, 10:16 PM
So what's on your mod list this winter ladies and gents?
For me, a new exhaust system. V&H true dual head pipes with cfr mufflers. Also plan on adding a tourpack for some long awaited trips next year.
So far I have the cfrs in...... how about you?

Bagger Dave
11-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Those Fluted ends on the black look bad ass!! oh, and don't forget your Commander V(5) Tuner :lol: looking forward to seeing it when its all done :rockwoot:
I might do a horn....but don't know for sure...I kinda like the Skull horn cover that I got....I really don't have any mod plans....going to pick up a low profile passenger back rest....gloss black and have Seatmaker recover the pad to match my seat....that's about it for me

Klimoman
11-08-2014, 12:14 PM
I am re-vamping my suspension over the winter. I have already replaced the stock Air Shocks with the Progressive 444-4020 HD shocks. Next is the Progressive 31-2500 Monotubes.

I would like to finish up the Stage 1 as well. (Air Cleaner and Tuner)

Gas Man
11-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Those fluted ends look sick as fuck!!

leebo
11-08-2014, 12:56 PM
My plans are for a usb receptical,a centerstand,and i know its not a mod but I need a new chain and sprockets and i dont get that.shouldnt a chain last longer than 21000 miles?anybody know of good quality chains Im a little hesitant for oem now.

Chain
11-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Hmmmm....

Well, IF we don't buy a new bike (50/50 yet, buddy of mine just bought a brand new 2015 RG special), we will do a tour pack for a west trip (Prolly this) http://powerproductsparts.com/tpccw.html

Then I'm going to change the cams in the SG, little hoppier... and something with the seats on both bikes... just NOT sure yet. SG has 30k on her also, may rechrome some stuff, maybe repaint. All up in the air still. I'll let you know in April, that's when I seem to start the heavy shit...... ugh.

Moesride
11-12-2014, 05:57 PM
V&H true dual head pipes were shipped out to me today. All I need to do now is order the tuner . I'm thinking commander V from fuel Moto.

Gas Man
11-12-2014, 08:19 PM
That's the best place for the free lifetime maps...

Kosher
11-13-2014, 10:06 AM
V&H true dual head pipes were shipped out to me today. All I need to do now is order the tuner . I'm thinking commander V from fuel Moto.

Consider a Power Vision. As you know, the Power Commander stays on your bike, it becomes another potential point of failure (one of our riding buddies on our way to Sturgis this past summer had a failure). The PV is a flash tuner, and it allows you to mount it on your bike to monitor tons of variables in real time, record your ride and create an improved map, read codes, etc. Also free lifetime maps from FM

Gas Man
11-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah I need to consider this... I'm doing my stage 1 this winter.

Kosher
11-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah I need to consider this... I'm doing my stage 1 this winter.

Fuelmoto has some well priced bundles....http://www.fuelmotousa.com/power-packages.html

Gas Man
11-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah and that's pretty much what I will do.

RedneckMedic
11-14-2014, 01:50 AM
I like my thundermax a lot. Direct replacement of ECM but not cheap.

I really want to do mono tubes and new shoes but it probably wont be until spring when the garage converts back to now snow going vehicles to have room to work.

I would also like to add some audio to my tour pack.

Gas Man
11-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm debating on auto-tune as well....

bombdog
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
My plans are for a usb receptical,a centerstand,and i know its not a mod but I need a new chain and sprockets and i dont get that.shouldnt a chain last longer than 21000 miles?anybody know of good quality chains Im a little hesitant for oem now.

Replace with belt drive and maybe a V twin.......:didntdo::lmao:

Chain
11-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Consider a Power Vision. As you know, the Power Commander stays on your bike, it becomes another potential point of failure (one of our riding buddies on our way to Sturgis this past summer had a failure). The PV is a flash tuner, and it allows you to mount it on your bike to monitor tons of variables in real time, record your ride and create an improved map, read codes, etc. Also free lifetime maps from FM

First I've ever heard of anyone having this issue... I've put PC's on my last 3 HD's, and NOT one time have I had an issue. And everyone of them has been cross country... Tried and true in my book. (as far as the maps, I've changed shit plenty on them, just always go to there website and down load a new map)

leebo
11-14-2014, 02:31 PM
II think i might like a belt drive.It already has a twin?

Bagger Dave
11-14-2014, 08:32 PM
First I've ever heard of anyone having this issue... I've put PC's on my last 3 HD's, and NOT one time have I had an issue. And everyone of them has been cross country... Tried and true in my book. (as far as the maps, I've changed shit plenty on them, just always go to there website and down load a new map)
Yep...I have never heard of anyone having issues with the PC's either...I have over 6800 miles on mine...bike runs good!

Bagger Dave
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Consider a Power Vision. As you know, the Power Commander stays on your bike, it becomes another potential point of failure (one of our riding buddies on our way to Sturgis this past summer had a failure)
anything on the bike can fail......I have never heard of anyone having problems with their PC V's

Kosher
11-14-2014, 10:13 PM
anything on the bike can fail......I have never heard of anyone having problems with their PC V's

Exactly my point. Anything can fail so why add another?

Moesride
11-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Talked with Brian from Fuel Moto today for a bit. We decided the commander V would fit the bill for me. Great tuner. I have his blessing....:yes:

Klimoman
11-15-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm going to have to research Power Vision vs Power Commander now.....

Kosher
11-15-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm going to have to research Power Vision vs Power Commander now.....

I'm a Power Vision fan, but thats pretty obvious. :) Plus with all the shit already under my seat, I have no idea where I would put it.

Gas Man
11-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I see a call into Jamie myself...

Moesride
11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Damn it Keith....LOL. After talking with Brian at Fuel Moto and convincing myself to go with the PCV, I am now strongly considering going with the Power Vision instead. I Like the idea of a flash tuner plus it not having to stay on the bike if you wish, unless you want to mount it on the bars for all the rest of the crap it performs for not really a ton more money. Kinda idiot proof, right out of the box. Why not right,...
Anyway, disassembled my exhaust system this morning. I'm expecting the V&H duals tomorrow and I already have the CFRs as you know so I will be reassembling tomorrow or Tuesday.

Gas Man
11-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm keeping tabs on this...

junkyardjon
11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
my mod season started today. me and the wife cleaned up the garage. next is break down the mini bikes for paint, they will be stored in the house this winter lol. after that I plan on buying a later model donor bike for the suspension. I WILL upgrade the brakes on my bike this winter, too many close calls this year

Gas Man
11-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Brakes are good!

Moesride
11-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Pipes came in this afternoon. Hadn't planned on installing them but one thing lead to another and well, you know the drill. Took all of 3 hours to install. I really like the look of the V&H. So now I just need to order and install the tuner before I fire it up. Looking forward to hearing the CFRs

Moesride
11-17-2014, 09:58 PM
my mod season started today. me and the wife cleaned up the garage. next is break down the mini bikes for paint, they will be stored in the house this winter lol. after that I plan on buying a later model donor bike for the suspension. I WILL upgrade the brakes on my bike this winter, too many close calls this year

Yeah, brakes are good JJ. Good to have you back man!

RedneckMedic
11-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Looks so much better if you ask me Moe. Now I'm really going to have pipe envy with two of you with cfrs.

Gas Man
11-17-2014, 10:03 PM
They are the best looking pipe...

Bagger Dave
11-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Looks bad ass Moe!! :rockout:

Kosher
11-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Looks great bro. You might want to check the right front foot board support bracket, my front cyl pipe was hitting it causing a pretty bad vibration. A little research revealed that this is not uncommon with Dresser Duals. Solution was to put floorboard extensions on.

Moesride
11-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks gents, I like them a lot. Reinhart plus tuner still for sale. Im just looking to recover the cost of the powder that Jeff threw on the shields. Pass it along $300.

Moesride
11-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Looks great bro. You might want to check the right front foot board support bracket, my front cyl pipe was hitting it causing a pretty bad vibration. A little research revealed that this is not uncommon. Solution was to put floorboard extensions on.

Thank Keith... Pipes came with bike specific washers which are designed to take the right foot board out ( between the bracket and frame) just enough not to cause the problem you just mentioned.

bombdog
11-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Sweet looks great! I do love my PV and I like all the extra info it can give you although some times its better not to know. Such as when you engine temp hits 333* at a stop light that happened in PA after following a trash truck and a line of cars on a hot day just kept watching it go up up up......

Klimoman
11-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Looks sweet Moe.... I have the Dresser Duals in my possession, just waiting for the CFR's to ship. When the CFR's ship, I will order the Power Vision and the Pro Billet Air Cleaner.

I am like a kid at Christmas time... patiently (NOT!) waiting for the CFRs to ship! Muhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Moesride
11-18-2014, 05:24 PM
What did you end up going with on the CFRs Klimo? Fluted / Double Flutes or Standard?

Klimoman
11-18-2014, 07:57 PM
What did you end up going with on the CFRs Klimo? Fluted / Double Flutes or Standard?

Standard

Bagger Dave
11-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Standard

Yep yep! there will be 3 mutha fuckas with some bad ass sounding bikes next spring!!! Lmao! awww shit!!!! :rockwoot::whoop:

Kosher
11-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Yep yep! there will be 3 mutha fuckas with some bad ass sounding bikes next spring!!! Lmao! awww shit!!!! :rockwoot::whoop:

All a you fuckers are riding in the back so you can torture each other.

http://images.inmagine.com/400nwm/iris/masterfile-291/ptg01413522.jpg

Bagger Dave
11-18-2014, 08:42 PM

It's all good Keith...I usually ride in the back anyways! :lol:

Gas Man
11-18-2014, 10:11 PM
All you fuckers are going to sound the same... loud as a mofo!!!!

Klimoman
11-19-2014, 06:44 AM
I can't wait to hear them on my bike. I am going to go over to Bagger Dave's and Moe's once a week and beg them to fire their bikes up until I get my CFR's.......

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Moesride
11-19-2014, 03:32 PM

Nooo.......now that you've mentioned it, well make sure we ride in front of you all the time....:D

Moesride
11-19-2014, 03:35 PM
I can't wait to hear them on my bike. I am going to go over to Bagger Dave's and Moe's once a week and beg them to fire their bikes up until I get my CFR's.......

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. Neighbors are gonna love us John.........:dthumb:

Moesride
11-20-2014, 02:18 PM
SOLD the Rinehart system to a guy out of Sarnia ( port Huron) . Took all of 2 days on CL...lol

Gas Man
11-20-2014, 10:18 PM
I bet... it's a nice setup.

Lrider
11-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Thinking about doing a stage 1 on my RoadKing. Put some RC 4" slash down slipons on it this summer, now would like to swap out headpipe (get rid of the cat) leaning towards the Fullsac, have read good things about it, then air cleaner? & tuner? Lots of options.

bombdog
11-24-2014, 10:02 AM
SOLD the Rinehart system to a guy out of Sarnia ( port Huron) . Took all of 2 days on CL...lol

Thank God I was getting ready to pull the trigger....

GaugeMods
11-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Whats up, Been a while.

Mods this winter include a Monster 124" SE cases, timken bearing, S&S flywheels w/Carrillo rods, S&S 4.125 cylinders w/flat tops, Hurricane heads,..........Supercharger
Many of my old parts will be going in this, TMan 662-2 cams, SE 64mmTB, Nitrous/bottle.
C U guys next summer.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10494919_360349220810162_5897292530216148864_o.jpg

Gas Man
11-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Bike inside... hell yeah!!

Mudpuppy
11-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Moe - I need to come and see you to get the compressor, lol. We need to schedule a time to have a beer soon. Like within ~ 2 weeks. Then I can start mod season.

Klimoman
11-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Well I called Phat Performance to get an ETA on when the CFR's may ship. They informed me that they just received 5 sets and they are using those to fill the orders from FEBRUARY. Doh! I cancelled my order from them.

I managed to find a guy (HOGPRO) from the HDForums.com that had a pair of Double Fluted in stock. I went ahead and bought them and they will ship tomorrow. My wife liked the Double Fluted in the first place, so I it will all work out in the end. :)

Kosher
11-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Well I called Phat Performance to get an ETA on when the CFR's may ship. They informed me that they just received 5 sets and they are using those to fill the orders from FEBRUARY. Doh! I cancelled my order from them.

I managed to find a guy (HOGPRO) from the HDForums.com that had a pair of Double Fluted in stock. I went ahead and bought them and they will ship tomorrow. My wife liked the Double Fluted in the first place, so I it will all work out in the end. :)

Glad you got squared away, not sure if you're aware of them, but Eastern Performance is also pretty good - good prices (not great), but fast shipping and good customer service.

Moesride
11-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Moe - I need to come and see you to get the compressor, lol. We need to schedule a time to have a beer soon. Like within ~ 2 weeks. Then I can start mod season.

Sounds good Paul. You have my number. Let me know when your free and well hook up.

Klimoman
11-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Glad you got squared away, not sure if you're aware of them, but Eastern Performance is also pretty good - good prices (not great), but fast shipping and good customer service.

Thanks, I have ordered from them in the past... I know of all the cool shops because of TWM. I thank you guys for that, but my bank account wanted me to tell you guys to FUCK OFF. ;-)

Moesride
11-25-2014, 06:37 PM

Good deal Klimo. Double flutes are nice. For some reason I thought you had gone with Iron Aces speed shop. $662 on the double flutes with free ship. Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

On a different note that you will be facing soon. The pcV vs. Power Vision..... I ended up going with the PCV for my tuner. Talked to Bob at fuel moto Monday to make sure they had the right map for my specific set up , all good. Should have the pcV in my hands tomorrow .

Klimoman
11-25-2014, 09:13 PM
You were going back and forth from the PV to PCV... What was the final deciding factor? I was going with PV all along, but I want to hear your reasoning...

Moesride
11-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Your right on me going back and forth on this. I guess it boiled down to me really not needing the additional information the PV will give and the fact that I just would not mount it on my bars ( not that you have to) at an additional cost of $200, I just don't need it. The PCV comes pre-mapped for my bike and a lifetime mapping support from fuel moto paired with those guys speaking very highly of their PCV.....so that's it.
If you plan on using the extras the PV offers, its for you. If not, the PCV will do the job. Tuck the fucker under your seat and faggetaboutit !

Klimoman
11-26-2014, 06:52 AM
I understand your thought process. I just think that maybe, just maybe one day I will use the additional features. I would rather have them and not need it, then to need them and not have them.

Moesride
11-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a good plan Klimo!
PCV came in today. All mapped out and a simple plus and play.......kudos to fuel moto. Stand up outfit for sure.

Bagger Dave
11-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a good plan Klimo!
PCV came in today. All mapped out and a simple plus and play.......kudos to fuel moto. Stand up outfit for sure.

Coolio Moe!! :rockwoot:

Gas Man
11-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Awesome Moe... when can I come over and yell "FIRE IT UP!"????

Klimoman
11-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Awesome Moe... when can I come over and yell "FIRE IT UP!"????

post a video of the new sounds!!!

Moesride
11-26-2014, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Gas Man;66383]Awesome Moe... when can I come over and yell "FIRE IT UP!"????[/QUOTE

LOL.... plan on firing it up the weekend of Dec. 19th. I may not be able to contain myself from not doing it sooner though, probably this. Bagger Daves gonna take my bike for a spin on that weekend. This way I can get a good sound/visual of the CFRs with someone else riding the bike. Hope the snow and salt stay away ( wish full thinking). Anyway, you'll be the guy yelling fire it up! Haha

Gas Man
11-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Alright Moe... let me know... I have a family party that saturday at like 4pm but otherwise I'm game... let's do this!

Bagger Dave
11-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Alright Moe... let me know... I have a family party that saturday at like 4pm but otherwise I'm game... let's do this!
PARTY!! :chug::rockout:

Moesride
11-27-2014, 12:37 PM
One more thing, not really a mod but you be the judge. Got a great deal on a new 2014 street glide seat take off I couldn't pass up this morning on flea bay. So I'm going to have my current SG seat covered with the gator pattern you see in the gator seat pic. This way ill have both seats, the new stock seat stays stock and the gator seat when I feel like putting that on. Probably going to gel both as well. Just the rider area since I don't have a passenger.

Bagger Dave
11-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Looks bad ass Moe! Yesterday I sent Seatmaker my backrest pad for my low profile sissy bar to do it up in ostrich and black gator to match my seat!!
You will love the gel! it makes a day and night difference!

Gas Man
11-27-2014, 02:38 PM
My prediction... you will put on the gator and never use the stock seat anymore...

Bagger Dave
11-27-2014, 02:39 PM
My prediction... you will put on the gator and never use the stock seat anymore...
Yep! I told him the same thing :lol:

Moesride
11-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Both you Clowns are right on this...:lol:. Plans were to just cover my existing seat with gator. Then my Daigo buddy talks me into gel, which is a smart move. Then early yesterday morning I get on eBay and find a new 2014 take off seat with 4 minutes left to bid and I had no intention of buying or looking for anything. So.... won it for $102.50 Awesome deal I think.
That's the story behind doing the two seats now, one gel , one gel gator.

bombdog
11-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I love my gel, thought I would use my touring seat for trips but I like my gel better might just sell my touring seat for $101.25.......

Gas Man
11-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Good thing is... $125 is a good deal on an SG seat. So you're even better. If you decided to sell your old one, you aren't out.

I looked it up because I was concerned... but it looks like the seat is one of the only pieces that cross from the the older models into the 14-15 models. So cool.

Moesride
11-28-2014, 05:25 PM
I knew the seat would fit before I bid. Eddie at BBs gave me the rundown a while back on this.

RedneckMedic
11-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Shit I would have gave you my old seat for free. No one wants to buy it and I don't sell on ebay too often.

Moesride
11-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Well, I appreciate the offer Medic thanks anyway. Going to drop off the seat to seatmaker this Friday to get the gel installed. Should be ready for pick up on Sunday.

Gas Man
11-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Lance, why don't you see if Seatmaker wants to buy it from you. He does some of those and sells them on eBay and such.

Klimoman
11-30-2014, 09:13 AM
What's a rough estimate on adding gel to your seat by Seatmaker?

Moesride
11-30-2014, 09:48 AM
What's a rough estimate on adding gel to your seat by Seatmaker?
$100......using 3/4" gel. Good stuff.

Moesride
11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Fucking around with the bike today and thought id post up a couple options I could go with on my air cleaner cover . Could use your opinions on this just for shitz and giggles , why not join in on my BS...lol
Let me know which one you guys think looks better.....
First pic stock. Second pic obvious. Third pic Spanish cross ( Does not apply to Kosher ..LOL ) :cheers:

Bagger Dave
11-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Fucking around with the bike today and thought id post up a couple options I could go with on my air cleaner cover . Could use your opinions on this just for shitz and giggles , why not join in on my BS...lol
First pic stock. Second pic obvious. Third pic Spanish cross ( Does not apply to Kosher ..LOL ) :cheers:

I like the 2nd pic myself :rockwoot:

Ultra AL
11-30-2014, 09:01 PM

I'd go for #3 there. But that bike is so sweet, they all look good!

Gas Man
11-30-2014, 10:32 PM
I like em all. But I definitely like the third.

Klimoman
12-01-2014, 06:52 AM
#2...........

Kosher
12-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Third pic Spanish cross ( Does not apply to Kosher ..LOL ) :cheers:

Kosher votes Spanish cross. :rockwoot:

bombdog
12-01-2014, 09:23 AM
I would say #3 unless #4 Star of David......

Kosher
12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I would say #3 unless #4 Star of David......

There *are* options, at least for derby covers. :)

http://www.azece.com/Inlaid%20Star%20of%20David%20son%20covers%20expres s.html

http://www.azece.com/New%20images/Star%20of%20David%20inlaid%20polished%20large.JPG

bombdog
12-01-2014, 11:04 AM
i was very surprised i could not find one on a Air cover yes my smart arse looked before I posted and the derby cover and something for a dyna is all i found?

Fat daddy
12-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Just got mine done. Fat bagger drop seat,cvo rear fender,cvo bags.biketronics amp,biketronics 6.5 speakers,blue digital gauges,slotted brake lever and slotted shifter.bag latches,and finally some new paint. I'm in Florida for the winter so now I'm going to ride that sum bitch.

Moesride
12-01-2014, 07:19 PM
That's a great looking ride Fat D ! Nice job...:dthumb:

Moesride
12-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the imput on the air cover. Went with this.... need all the blessing I can get these days.

Also put the PCV on yesterday . First start up of the bike with the new exhaust system was Awesome!!
Absolutely love the look and sound. Took a video but axed it after I heard it. Doesn't come close to describing the true sound of the CFRs. :whoop:

Gas Man
12-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I agree with needing the blessings!

I KNEW you would put that all together before letting us in on it. I knew you wouldn't be able to wait!! :lmao:

Klimoman
12-02-2014, 06:33 AM
There *are* options, at least for derby covers. :)

http://www.azece.com/Inlaid%20Star%20of%20David%20son%20covers%20expres s.html

http://www.azece.com/New%20images/Star%20of%20David%20inlaid%20polished%20large.JPG

Why does it state it is "Polish"ed. Was it made in Poland?!

Klimoman
12-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the imput on the air cover. Went with this.... need all the blessing I can get these days.

Also put the PCV on yesterday . First start up of the bike with the new exhaust system was Awesome!!
Absolutely love the look and sound. Took a video but axed it after I heard it. Doesn't come close to describing the true sound of the CFRs. :whoop:

If you will not post the video, then post some pics of the CFR's installed!!

bombdog
12-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Well its not a good year for me to do mods dont know if I have a job but I thought about washing the bike hell it might even shine.

Moesride
12-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Already have a few pics posted of the pipes on this thread Klimo. I'm looking forward to seeing your double flutes. I was BS..g with Dave today and he's seen them on FB but I don't do the Facebook thing so post them up on here John. Love to see them.

Klimoman
12-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Here you go Moe!

http://www.lakeviewhuskiesbaseball.com/images/cfr2.jpg

Klimoman
12-02-2014, 05:14 PM
http://www.lakeviewhuskiesbaseball.com/images/cfr1.jpg

Gas Man
12-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh you guys.... :lmao:

Moesride
12-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Klimoman !! :dthumb: Love the look. Your gonna love the sound man, believe me!

Moesride
12-02-2014, 10:04 PM
A pic of the tuner I went with John. Happy with it. Plenty of room.

Klimoman
12-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Looking good Moe... Can't wait to get mine installed..... I might shoot over with Bagger Dave when he comes over to your house to check out your setup.... :-)

Moesride
12-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks John........come on down. :dthumb:

Moesride
12-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Installed the custom dynamic load equalizer today . Kind of a PITA. Just dealing with the wiring around the battery and all. Just tedious . Going to seatmakers shop Sunday to pick up my gel seat plus dropping off the other seat for a gel plus gator cover. I'll get a pic of the gator when he's done. Mod year 2015! :whoop:

Gas Man
12-06-2014, 11:41 AM
And so comes the wiring nightmare under the seat. :rofl:

Chain
12-08-2014, 08:27 AM
TONS of room under the side covers! Specially the right side! That's where I put all the extra shit on my rides!

Gas Man
12-08-2014, 03:13 PM
That is unless you have ABS!

Klimoman
12-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Well after going back and forth, and then picking Jamie's brain at Fuel Moto, I decided to purchase the PowerVision Tuner. I do not plan on mounting the Tuner to the bars, but I like the additional features it comes with compared to the PowerCommander. I like the fact that I can take it with me if I ever sell the Harley as well. Jamie also told me that they sell 10 PowerVisions to 1 PowerCommander.

So that was my reasoning for going that route...... :)

Chain
12-08-2014, 03:51 PM
That is unless you have ABS!

Little more cramped in there, but it will still squeeze in there.

Zipties and a little ingenuity, maybe a little force ;) .. You can fit bout anything on these...

Moesride
12-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Well after going back and forth, and then picking Jamie's brain at Fuel Moto, I decided to purchase the PowerVision Tuner. I do not plan on mounting the Tuner to the bars, but I like the additional features it comes with compared to the PowerCommander. I like the fact that I can take it with me if I ever sell the Harley as well. Jamie also told me that they sell 10 PowerVisions to 1 PowerCommander.

So that was my reasoning for going that route...... :)

Good deal Klimo......glad to hear your going to be firing that bad boy up soon. Definitely nice that you can take the PV with you if your bike is sold but I think the PV actually " marries " to your bike. I may be mistaken on this but I think that if you decide to put in on a different bike there is a charge of $200 or something like that to do this by Dynojet. Anyway, cool. Looking forward to seeing the flutes In person.

Moesride
12-08-2014, 06:18 PM
TONS of room under the side covers! Specially the right side! That's where I put all the extra shit on my rides!

Agreed Chain. I was referring to the wiring being a PITA, not a room issue. As you stated, get creative man it will all fit!

Moesride
12-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Posted this on owls thread but figured I would do it here as well being that it is a 2015 mod that I plan on doing. Bought the boom Sirius/xm kit for the SG today. Looking forward to having this on the bike. I like the fact that its a nice clean install using your existing controls . This may be my most favorite mod/ add on yet.... we shall see.

Gas Man
12-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Audio upgrades are always great.

owl
12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Hey Moe
I enjoy the XM radio. I don’t have to mess with wires or chargers or much of anything just start the bike and away we go. All across the country I never dropped a tune or had to search for something to listen to. The satellite radio was one of the best mods yet.

Bagger Dave
12-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Hey Moe
I enjoy the XM radio. I don’t have to mess with wires or chargers or much of anything just start the bike and away we go. All across the country I never dropped a tune or had to search for something to listen to. The satellite radio was one of the best mods yet.
I might even look into this mod myself....I have Sirius XM in my truck and love it!...I listen to channel 37... Octane :rockout:

Fastfem24
12-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Now that I officially work for Harley again I will have another project.. Not sure if I want to try that switchback or something else. Thoughts? I loved my FLHX but my bcak is so bad I need lighter.

Moesride
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey Moe
Exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to enjoy the set up for sure.

Moesride
12-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Now that I officially work for Harley again I will have another project.. Not sure if I want to try that switchback or something else. Thoughts? I loved my FLHX but my bcak is so bad I need lighter.
Switchbacks a nice looking bike . Definitely different than your former SG but it shares a lot of similarities in my opinion . If you have a little back trouble , its still a 700lb bike. With a 6 speed trans and the 103, abs..etc..... awesome! Depends on how much weight you and your back can handle without hurting. Not a hugely lite bike for sure. I like it though Jess.
I also really like the Fat boy lo. Great looking bike. What's the weight on that?

Fastfem24
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
FLSTFB is 731lbs.. I like the Fat Boy too. Just need to be able to back it up easier. I see a sweet Dyna on our floor too..lol

Ultra AL
12-16-2014, 03:03 PM
FLSTFB is 731lbs.. I like the Fat Boy too. Just need to be able to back it up easier. I see a sweet Dyna on our floor too..lol

My first HD was a Dyna Superglide. Extremely easy to handle. Right around 600 pounds. You will love a Dyna, I promise!

owl
12-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Hey Fastfem someone makes a reverse gear for a Harley. I saw one and it works well .

Kosher
12-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey Fastfem someone makes a reverse gear for a Harley. I saw one and it works well .

Baker. And Harley, I think

Moesride
12-19-2014, 11:35 PM
My satellite Sirius/XM equipment came in today. Looking over the how to instructions and it seems like a pretty straight forward install. Also waiting on a set of bags and lids I ordered. These are 4" stretched abs bags with lids. I really like the curved cut design on the sides. Mine will come in already painted a flat black to match the bike.
See what not riding in over a year does to you........... makes you spend money on shit you don't need.:lol:

Bagger Dave
12-20-2014, 12:12 AM
My satellite Sirius/XM equipment came in today. Looking over the how to instructions and it seems like a pretty straight forward install. Also waiting on a set of bags and lids I ordered. These are 4" stretched abs bags with lids. I really like the curved cut design on the sides. Mine will come in already painted a flat black to match the bike.
See what not riding in over a year does to you........... makes you spend money on shit you don't need.:lol:
Coolio Moe!! :rockwoot:

Gas Man
12-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Be careful with super stretched bags... you will drag the corners! Most guys have to put strips of metal to keep from eating the bag. And you can sometimes break the bag mounts.

Bagger Dave
12-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Do those bags have a slash angle on the ends? to prevent scraping in turns....

like in this vid....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5jbEhenuQ

Gas Man
12-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Exactly Dave... but most don't have that!

Moesride
12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
I get what your saying and very true but these bags are just 4" extended. Just a tad longer than the longest point I have now on the cvo bags. If they were any longer, hell yes I would drag them. But not the case on these. Those dirty bird bags are 8" extended Dave I'm half that. Only way I'm dragging these in a lean is if I'm about to kiss concrete. Done that already...... hurts like a mofo....LOL

Moesride
12-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Met up with Scott ( Seatmaker) this morning. He'll of a nice guy with some mad skills! Im very happy with the gel he put on both my SG seats plus the gator cover he put on this one.

GaugeMods
12-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Nice seat, he did a good job.

Bagger Dave
12-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Looks awesome Moe! your gonna love that gel!

Gas Man
12-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Fuckin A Moe... you slick mofo

Klimoman
12-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Sweet seat....

Moesride
12-23-2014, 07:57 PM
He does nice work fellas. This gator seat is my ( backup pimpazz seat) for around town once in a while, just to have. My standard seat with the gel is my main seat. I tell you what though, just from Seatmaker adding gel in the seats...HUGE difference in comfort. Get ahold of him and get the gel in your seat at the very least, you will not be disappointed.

Moesride
12-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Removed the cvo bags and put the new full extended stretched bags on yesterday . Had to swap the hardware from bag to bag . I like the look way better than the cvo style. Now I'm just waiting on the J&M 7.5" front speakers to get here to replace the hogtunes. Other than that, I have a new tour pack in my sights and that's it.

Gas Man
12-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Let's see pics of the new bags?

They come in your flat black or do you have to still paint them?

Moesride
12-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Bags came already painted to match the bike. Damn good paint match. Paint actually matches better than what I had on the other bags.
Can't get a good pic since the wifes car is in the garage but you get an idea anyway.

Ultra AL
12-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Looks great Moe!

Gas Man
12-31-2014, 12:54 AM
Those look damn good man!!!

Bagger Dave
12-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Those look bad ass Moe!!

Klimoman
01-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Looks sweet Moe!

Kosher
01-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Looks awesome, Moe - how about a more straight on side view?

Moesride
01-04-2015, 02:06 PM
My better halfs car is in the garage so its tough to get a straight shot. Yah, I could move the car but that's just way to hard right. Soon as she goes somewhere ill snap a pic.
Appreciate the compliments on the bags, I really like them. In my opinion, standard OEM bags just look out of place to me. Not that I don't like them bye any means , just that the fit seems to short for the rear /sides of the bike. All a matter of taste right!

leebo
01-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Those are nice.from the pic they look like they came with the bike.

seatmaker
01-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Met up with Scott ( Seatmaker) this morning. He'll of a nice guy with some mad skills! Im very happy with the gel he put on both my SG seats plus the gator cover he put on this one.

Thanks for the plug Moe, glad you like them !!!

Moesride
01-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Looks awesome, Moe - how about a more straight on side view? Here are a couple straighter pictures....

Moesride
01-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Picked up a detachable tour Pak bracket today in black, Now I'm waiting on those boys at swine box to see if I can get one of there swinboxes this week. Talked with Lance today and he reassured me on his swine box... he loves it with no issues. I like the look as well. We shall see.......
Actually just got off the phone with the guys at swine box. I'm meeting him down in Toledo this week to pick up a swine box with a liner... woohoo,!! very exited on this.

RedneckMedic
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Good on ya moe. Mile is a good guy. I was down there last summer when he fixed my swine box to update the way they mount the lid hinge. He was supposed to get me a liner for the trouble of driving down. Maybe you can grab it for me when your there.

Gas Man
01-05-2015, 11:17 PM
I can't wait to see it Moe with the swine box.

Moesride
01-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Good on ya moe. Mile is a good guy. I was down there last summer when he fixed my swine box to update the way they mount the lid hinge. He was supposed to get me a liner for the trouble of driving down. Maybe you can grab it for me when your there.
He mentioned this to me last night when we talked. He is making 2 liners . One for you and the other is mine. I will meet up with Mike Thursday night in Toledo. I'll put yours in a usps box and mail It to you Lance.

Gas Man
01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
He mentioned this to me last night when we talked. He is making 2 liners . One for you and the other is mine. I will meet up with Mike Thursday night in Toledo. I'll put yours in a usps box and mail It to you Lance.

That right there is TWM at its best.

Bagger Dave
01-06-2015, 09:18 PM
That right there is TWM at its best.
Yep yep! Coolio Moe!
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/headbanger.gif (http://s186.photobucket.com/user/davessleeve/media/headbanger.gif.html)

RedneckMedic
01-07-2015, 07:52 AM
That would be great moe. Be sure to take some pics and post up that swine box when you get it.

Moesride
01-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Took a ride down to the Toledo area today and met up with Mike from Swine box at his shop. We put some parts that go on the latch together and drilled out the holes with his template to accommodate the style of backrest I am going to use. Super guy for sure! Now I need to sand , prep. and eventually paint. Needs very little prep work really .
Also picked up the liner that looks great and fits like a glove. I have yours as well Lance, you can see it sitting on the open box. This may be a little tough to ship at a reasonable cost because of the size and shape. I can if you want, ill find out what the cost would be. You may want to just grab it from me next time your down here instead. Up to you, let me know.
Oh, one more thing...... if your looking for one of these swine boxes Mikes selling them at cost to TWM members. You'll save a shit load from buying retail from his venders.

Gas Man
01-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Can't wait to see it on the bike.

As far as Lance's liner... you can hang on to it and next time I go up or my FIL comes down we can get it to him.

Bagger Dave
01-09-2015, 12:06 AM
Coolio Moe! you fuckin Swine you! :lol:

Klimoman
01-09-2015, 06:26 AM
coolio moe! You fuckin swine you! :lol:

lol....

RedneckMedic
01-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Looking good Moe. Ya we can skip the shipping. I'm sure I'll be down soon enough before riding season.

Moesride
01-09-2015, 01:57 PM
No problemo RM...

Moesride
01-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Coolio Moe! you fuckin Swine you! :lol:
LOL... you know it Dave.
So I get the swine box and now its time to prep and paint. Long time friend of mine owns a local body shop so were going to do that there. Should have it done next week.
Bought a HD chopped backrest pad and a stealth rack for the top of the pack last night. I have a Couple pics of what the Pak rack would look like. These pictures are from Mike at swineboxs customers bikes.Mine will get powdered a flat black to match.

RedneckMedic
01-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Yeah ive been contemplating the rack to Moe. I think it looks killer.

leebo
01-10-2015, 04:01 PM
LOL... you know it Dave. So I get the swine box and now its time to prep and paint. Long time friend of mine owns a local body shop so were going to do that there. Should have it done next week. Bought a HD chopped backrest pad and a stealth rack for the top of the pack last night. I have a Couple pics of what the Pak rack would look like. These pictures are from Mike at swineboxs customers bikes.Mine will get powdered a flat black to match.Moe you are the modfather my friend !

Moesride
01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Moe you are the modfather my friend !
That's funny Lee....
Had the tour Pak all prepped and starting to paint only to realize that the 2 cans of the blitz black I had was not enough . This paint goes on really thin...... so we need to scuff up the box a little and paint again. Had to order the paint which I did yesterday. Needed a total of 3 cans to do the job. Paint will be here tomorrow morning. Bought all the paint he had left 7 cans..lol

leebo
01-13-2015, 02:01 PM
that's cool Moe. Couple more weeks and February will be here after that!

Gas Man
01-13-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm all jealous that the denim black is so easy for you guys to paint.

Moesride
01-14-2015, 09:48 PM
My daughter gave me a gift certificate to BBs for Christmas so me and my son went up there today and picked these locks up. Any of you guys ever use these before?
Going to use them on the tour Pak. Also plan on installing the J@M 7.25 performance in the front fairing.

Moesride
01-14-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm all jealous that the denim black is so easy for you guys to paint.
Got my seven cans delivered today so went up to the body shop but couldn't do any work on the Pak. Should have it done tomorrow ....maybe.

Gas Man
01-15-2015, 09:16 AM
My daughter gave me a gift certificate to BBs for Christmas so me and my son went up there today and picked these locks up. Any of you guys ever use these before?
Going to use them on the tour Pak. Also plan on installing the J@M 7.25 performance in the front fairing.

It seems like HD has redesigned those locking swivels... good cause the old ones suck!

You're going to speaker out the swing box... just installing into the face so they are aimed forward or what?

Got my seven cans delivered today so went up to the body shop but couldn't do any work on the Pak. Should have it done tomorrow ....maybe.

So you're not spraying them?

Moesride
01-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Replacing the front fairing speakers with the J @M s. Hope is that the larger diameter will give it a bit crispier sound. we shall see. No speakers in the tour Pak. That's strictly to carry whatever. This is my long/ short trip bike.... don't need any BS taking up inside room in the Pak. Plus, not really into having all kinds of stereo shit blasting, not interested in that.

My good buddy at the body shop is painting for me. Flat black to match the HD denim Is not as easy as one may think to paint. That color is unforgiving if done incorrectly . You'll see all kinds of streaks, grays, un uniform, etc....

Running down to JPC in he morning. Jeff is going to powder my stealth rack and detachable tour Pak rack the same flat black he has been doing.

Kosher
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Replacing the front fairing speakers with the J @M s. Hope is that the larger diameter will give it a bit crispier sound. we shall see. No speakers in the tour Pak. That's strictly to carry whatever. This is my long/ short trip bike.... don't need any BS taking up inside room in the Pak. Plus, not really into having all kinds of stereo shit blasting, not interested in that.

My good buddy at the body shop is painting for me. Flat black to match the HD denim Is not as easy as one may think to paint. That color is unforgiving if done incorrectly . You'll see all kinds of streaks, grays, un uniform, etc....

Running down to JPC in he morning. Jeff is going to powder my stealth rack and detachable tour Pak rack the same flat black he has been doing.

Moe - did you consider Focals? I've not heard great things about J&M speakers...

RedneckMedic
01-16-2015, 06:54 AM
I think the thing with the J&m is its a larger cone but the magnet on the back is small.

Moesride
01-16-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm inclined to agree with you both Keith and Lance. I've done some research on these speakers and at best I was on the fence before I bought them. What pushed me over was the price I paid for these. Figured I give them a shot. As far as the small magnet goes, apparently its made of a high flux strength Neodymium magnet....:idk: so according to j m size doesn't matter on this. Some people love them, some do not.
We shall see. Nothing to lose, just speakers at the end of the day right.

RedneckMedic
01-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Yep Moe. I've heard both sides of J&M reviews and they have to have good speakers other wise people wouldn't buy them. Just so many options out there its hard to make a decision.

GaugeMods
01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Some of my parts are arriving.

Braaaaaap
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p600x600/10917154_390487987796285_6677700240587409020_o.jpg

Gas Man
01-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Oh boy....

Larry64
01-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Well, no super charger but I put the heat on in the garage and put my Christmas presents on. New hinges, red 10mm plug wires, classic grips and a new fender skirt.

Kosher
01-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Well, no super charger but I put the heat on in the garage and put my Christmas presents on. New hinges, red 10mm plug wires, classic grips and a new fender skirt.

Did you put those hinges on without any help?

Chris and Lance helped me out, I couldn't see a way to do it without at least one extra pair of hands

Larry64
01-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Did you put those hinges on without any help?

Chris and Lance helped me out, I couldn't see a way to do it without at least one extra pair of hands

Ya, no problem. I kept the top and tether on and did one at a time. After it was all on I went back and lock tighted the screws one at a time. It took about 15-20 minutes to do it.

Gas Man
01-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Yeah it's rougher if you do both at the same time.

Please tell you were REAL careful with the loctite on that stuff!!!! It makes plastic very brittle and crack.

Larry64
01-18-2015, 10:12 PM
Yeah it's rougher if you do both at the same time.

Please tell you were REAL careful with the loctite on that stuff!!!! It makes plastic very brittle and crack.

Oh ya.

Moesride
01-18-2015, 10:58 PM
Looks nice Larry....:dthumb:

Moesride
01-23-2015, 12:03 PM
So almost done with the tour Pak. Waiting on the top rack to get re-powdered. Put the Pak together and mounted it on the bike. My opinion is this, I may not take it off ..I like it that much! My turn to take some shit Keith :dthumb:.

Kosher
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
So almost done with the tour Pak. Waiting on the top rack to get re-powdered. Put the Pak together and mounted it on the bike. My opinion is this, I may not take it off ..I like it that much! My turn to take some shit Keith :dthumb:.

HA! I'm going the opposite way, I may not put mine on!

Larry64
01-23-2015, 07:12 PM
I like it, the bags match nice, it's a cool look you don't see every day. Me, everything goes in the top box, gotta have it.

Gas Man
01-23-2015, 10:25 PM
That swing box does look amazing!! Lance barely takes his off.

Moesride
01-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks Larry.....G man. Also installed the J@M 7.25 speakers with an acoustic padding on the fairing itself. Idea for the pad is to tighten up the over all performance of the speakers. Don't be fooled by the smaller magnet. These speakers pack a pretty god punch.

Gas Man
01-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Did you do those speakers with and without the padding?

Moesride
01-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Yep, sure did. Put the bare fairing on and preformed a sound check. Then I took the fairing off installed the acoustic pads and re installed the fairing. Performed a sound check. Made a difference for sure. Tightened up the bass and overall sound for the better. I can definitely tell the difference with the pads. Now is it a " holy shit" difference with these pads....no, but a damn good overall sound improvement for just a few bucks. I'm happy with it.

Gas Man
01-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Right on. Got a link for pad purchase?

Moesride
01-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Right on. Got a link for pad purchase?
Bought it off flee bay. Just punch in j @m acoustic fairing pad and It will give you a shit load of choices. All roughly the same price, just pick one.

Moesride
01-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Need your opinion on this fellas ....im on the fence about it. Maybe your impute will open my eyes a bit. Functionally the rack on the Pak is best to do for sure but as far as aesthetically, which way looks better..... with or without the stealth rack on the Pak. Couple pics of rack on and rack off.Could use you input.

Kosher
01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
I like the rack, keep it.

Ultra AL
01-28-2015, 05:08 PM
I like the rack, keep it.

^ +1

leebo
01-28-2015, 07:06 PM
I like it!

RedneckMedic
01-28-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm indifferent. I like both.

Gas Man
01-28-2015, 10:02 PM
I like it both way. But the usefulness trumps it all, mount it!

Moesride
01-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Thanks a lot to you guys that responded. Been on the bubble on this since once I drill the four mount holes on top of the box, well.. ill have four holes on top of the box. So looks like I'm going to mount it. Thanks for your impute, really appreciate it .

Gas Man
01-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Oh and good choice on the rack. Slick look.

leebo
01-29-2015, 06:22 PM
my new center stand came today

Klimoman
01-31-2015, 07:32 AM
I love a nice rack.....

Moesride
02-01-2015, 12:20 AM
my new center stand came today

Would love to see the stand for the triumph if you have a pic Lee.

Moesride
02-01-2015, 12:27 AM
Well, mod season has come to an end , for me anyway. Picked up a tour pack and Accessories hanger today for storage in the garage plus a set of adjustable wind defectors along with a 9" stubby antenna to fit nicely under the tour pack. Game over for this year......

Gas Man
02-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Bout time Moe... you've had 18 months of mod season.

Bagger Dave
02-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Well, mod season has come to an end , for me anyway. Picked up a tour pack and Accessories hanger today for storage in the garage plus a set of adjustable wind defectors along with a 9" stubby antenna to fit nicely under the tour pack. Game over for this year......
famous last words! :lol:

Gas Man
02-01-2015, 08:52 PM
He didn't even make it 24 hours... did ya moe?! :lol:

Moesride
02-01-2015, 11:32 PM
I don't think 12 hours passed....sheesh!! Well, got me a nice adjustable riders backrest to close out the season. That's it though.......fuck me!

Gas Man
02-02-2015, 10:15 AM
:lmao: I don't believe you.

leebo
02-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Here it is moe not much too it!Next is my chain&sprockets

Moesride
02-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Looks good Lee. These stands are pretty much the same across the board more or less. Your gonna like it though. I like mine for sure.

Gas Man
02-02-2015, 08:57 PM
That is nice

Lee are there tabs on the bottom of the frame designed for that?

leebo
02-02-2015, 09:27 PM
yeah thanks mo should make it easier for when I wash it and then servicing. Yeah Chris there's a couple of holes for the center stand and it came with the shoulder bolts so shouldn't be too hard.

Gas Man
02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
That's a nice setup to have that going on.

leebo
02-03-2015, 06:04 PM
yeah shouldn't be too big of a problem getting it on.buddy of mine at work has an older Harley and he said he's looking for one too.

Moesride
02-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Was just looking at another post and Owl mentioned a reduced tension clutch lever pull. I have been thinking of doing this for a while paired with a reduced reach lever. Any of you guys have or have had this set up before ? I'd like to do this before riding season gets here which realistically is not that far from now. Issue is that this is something I'm not to confident in doing myself.
So what's up G......want to start out the GMG year with a reduced tension/reach clutch lever and see what we can fuck up on my bike? We just won't let Bagger D near it and we should be good....:lol:. :cheers:

Kosher
02-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Was just looking at another post and Owl mentioned a reduced tension clutch lever pull. I have been thinking of doing this for a while paired with a reduced reach lever. Any of you guys have or have had this set up before ? I'd like to do this before riding season gets here which realistically is not that far from now. Issue is that this is something I'm not to confident in doing myself.
So what's up G......want to start out the GMG year with a reduced tension/reach clutch lever and see what we can fuck up on my bike? We just won't let Bagger D near it and we should be good....:lol:. :cheers:

I could be completely wrong about this, but I think in 07 or something Harley started using the easy pull clutch in stock bikes, I'm not sure what would be available for newer bikes.

[edit] well, I am indeed wrong.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/burly-easyboy-lite-clutch-for-harley-big-twin-2000-2014

http://clutchwiz.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Clutchlite-687011-Clutch-Harley-Davidson/dp/B003ANOE1A

Moesride
02-03-2015, 10:36 PM
I could be completely wrong about this, but I think in 07 or something Harley started using the easy pull clutch in stock bikes, I'm not sure what would be available for newer bikes.

That's just it Keith, don't know much about it or what's available. Need something to lesson the squeeze on the left hand.

Kosher
02-03-2015, 10:40 PM
That's just it Keith, don't know much about it or what's available. Need something to lesson the squeeze on the left hand.

See edits on my previous post

Moesride
02-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Thanks Keith! Outstanding ! That Burly Easy Boy lite from revzilla looks pretty interesting. Need to do a little research .....

Kosher
02-03-2015, 11:01 PM
From doing some quick reading, most of the ones above work by increasing the lever travel in order to reduce the required pressure, not sure that would work for you, Moe.

AIM has an expensive option which claims 40% reduction, might be worth looking into. Truthfully I think this is the one I have, I'm not convinced its easier.

https://aimcorp.myshopify.com/collections/vp-clutch-series/products/vp68lt-for-98-and-later-bt-vp022-68lt

Might be worth a call to them to see what they say.

Moesride
02-03-2015, 11:10 PM
I see that. A 40% reduction at lower rpm getting heavier as they go up, that's fine. This looks very interesting to me outside of your NOT being convinced its any easier. This is not so good in review. Definitely going to call them..... and thanks Keith!

Gas Man
02-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Let us know what you come up with Moe.

Moesride
02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Let us know what you come up with Moe.

I think I'm going to stop in at "The Shop" tomorrow and see what those guys have to say about getting the clutch lever closer and less tension on the squeeze . I think that's the ticket. A friend of mine told me to go see them after I mentioned it to him last night. Not saying I want them to do it , I'm saying perhaps he can give me the best way to go about it doing it myself. I'll buy the parts from him of coarse . We shall see.

Moesride
02-04-2015, 10:17 PM
yeah shouldn't be too big of a problem getting it on.buddy of mine at work has an older Harley and he said he's looking for one too.

Keep an eye out on eBay Lee. There's always something rolling through there that will work for your buddy sooner or later . That's what I did and ended up getting a smoking deal on my ez up center stand which was practically new .

leebo
02-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Good idea moe I'll tell him !

Moesride
02-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Just thought I would mention what a top notch company swine box is. As I was prepping, painting, assembling the tour Pak, I broke a very important guiding retainer clip that is needed to hold the cable from the keyed opening button to the actual latch that locks the lid to the box. I forced it and snapped it. Mike Wyman the owner asked me how the hell I managed to do that meaning I'm the first to do so... woohoo !
Long story short he sent me a whole new lock set with two clips on both sides ( the black clips (2)are on the top of the key set in the pic). FREE of charge! His cost on this is $20 Plus his shipping cost was $5.75. He refused any money. He mentioned that customer satisfaction is their goal. Great guy, great company. He also owns Knucklehead liquidators , selling new OEM Harley parts at substantial discounts.
He'll of a guy.......

leebo
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM
wow you don't run into those guys that often

Gas Man
02-07-2015, 12:29 AM
That's amazing twice over...

1. You broke something else
2. He's so awesome!

Bagger Dave
02-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Coolio Moe!

Moesride
02-07-2015, 08:41 AM
That's amazing twice over...

1. You broke something else
2. He's so awesome!

You sir.......are a Clown! :yes:
Let it be known that I am the first :whoop: to break a part on the swine box that shouldn't be easily broken.....

owl
02-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Moe if your looking for an easy pull clutch lever Try the Clutch Wiz. It works (I have one).

Moesride
02-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Moe if your looking for an easy pull clutch lever Try the Clutch Wiz. It works (I have one).

Thanks Jim. I think this is what I will do. If your happy with it then it works for sure. Im going to Order it. May need a little help on installing this. Any takers..? LOL

I was looking over their site again Owl and I'm not quite sure which to order. 09/13 tri glide? Is this it? Also states that I would need to upgrade the clutch spring because on the two wheel touring models the clutch wiz alone won't work. They haven't done much testing on the two wheel touring other than the tri glide, dyna ? I'll contact them as well but may get a quicker reply from you or someone here.

owl
02-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes the 09/13 tri glide is the correct one. The primary cover has to be removed and I think a special tool ( I have the tool ) is used to change the clutch release. Your clutch as is should be able to handle the HP and your driving habits. I used a stronger clutch spring, then added clutch wiz to reduce the pull at the hand lever. Without changing the clutch spring, Clutch Wiz will reduce lever pull a huge amount.

Moesride
02-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Ok, thanks Jim. I think ill order the spring along with the Clutch Wiz. I'm going to talk with them Monday before I order but this set up should work fine for me. May need to borrow the specific tool you mentioned for this if your ok with that? I'll post up Monday as soon as I talk with him. Thanks

owl
02-07-2015, 11:29 AM
if you use the stronger spring the clutch wiz will reduce the lever pull back to what you have now. Using the clutch wiz with your stock spring the lever pull will be much less then what you have now. If your looking for less lever pull then factory, just use the wiz and don't change the spring.

Gas Man
02-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Moe, I'm game to help ya out. I'd like to check out the new setup.

owl
02-07-2015, 12:12 PM
If your doing the work during the week I can help

Moesride
02-07-2015, 12:19 PM
If your doing the work during the week I can help Im going to order this first thing monday then. Just the Wiz, no spring. Ill let you know when i get it so maybe you can come bye. G....you to man and anyone else thats interested. We can all learn something from our elders.....lol. Oh shit! Thanks again Jim

owl
02-07-2015, 12:21 PM
No problem Moe
Tell me when and where

Gas Man
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Jim you still "snow side"?

owl
02-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Yes the ground hog said 6 more weeks of winter.

Gas Man
02-08-2015, 11:10 AM
If I was the handler and the ground hog did that shit... I'd put a round thru his skull.

Moesride
02-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Put my adjustable riders back rest on last night. This set up is actually better than I had expected . Fits me perfectly. Im very happy with it. A little tedious to install having to move everything out of the way but once on, its great. Waiting on a new black HD stealth rack for the tour pack to get here since the one I had took a fucking big time hit during the powder coat process. Sometimes these parts can be tricky to coat and you end up with a pricey useless piece of shit turd in your hands.... oh well.

Kosher
02-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Put my adjustable riders back rest on last night. This set up is actually better than I had expected . Fits me perfectly. Im very happy with it. A little tedious to install having to move everything out of the way but once on, its great. Waiting on a new black HD stealth rack for the tour pack to get here since the one I had took a fucking big time hit during the powder coat process. Sometimes these parts can be tricky to coat and you end up with a pricey useless piece of shit turd in your hands.... oh well.

Looking good Moe! Looking forward to seeing you back in the saddle. Once we climb out of this ice bucket we call home.

Sucks about the rack, man, what happened?

Moesride
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Can't wait... been 15 months since I rode thanks.. The powder process pitted the thin HD metal/ chrome so it looked like hell. We decided to do a texture finish to hide the imperfections, well that took me from the kettle to the fire. In order to strip and redo it would cost me to much. So I was better of buying a brand new OEM HD rack already in black Sucks but happens sometimes .

Bagger Dave
02-11-2015, 07:12 AM
looking good Moe!

Gas Man
02-11-2015, 07:41 PM
You are going to love that backrest man.

owl
02-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Moe did you order the Clutch wiz?