PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning!

telecast
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Nice to be here. I just learned about this site through Fishman, so you can blame him.

Started riding at age 9 on a Lil' Indian. Graduated through various bikes until my mid 20's when I got married and gave it up. Wife and I have been discussing another one for years but I decided to wait until the kids were grown. Last kid graduated and hit 18 this year, so a few weeks ago I pulled the trigger on a Sportster.

I registered yesterday but the activation email never came, so I did a lot of reading through various posts. (thanks to the admin for fixing my reg) In doing that, I noticed something. A good many of you don't give your location in your profile, other than 'Michigan', which should be a given. It'd be nice to know where people are for setting up rides or meet-n-greets. Even if you don't want to list exactly where your live, give us a clue. Me, I'm 'South of Ann Arbor'.

Cheers!

Berto
07-23-2009, 09:03 AM
welcome to the site.

Ron Jones
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Welcome Telecast. I'm new to the sight myself, maybe two weeks. And I get it about the kids growing up and all, my youngest is 21. Ridding was the next logical progression for me but my wife won't go near the thing. My Vulcan 800 is the first bike that I've owned since my '72 Ruttman Wild Goose, back when I was 14. By the way, Telecast? That refer to the guitar, Telecaster?

telecast
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
By the way, Telecast? That refer to the guitar, Telecaster?

Yup. Way back when I first got on the 'net in the early 90's I signed up for a chat room (major mistake, but a whole different story). I tried to get the name telecaster but it was in use. Ended up with telecast and have used it every since.

Funny thing about wives, she was pushing for this as much or more than I was. I think if your wife meets a few couples that ride she might give it a shot.

Bob
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the site!

Gas Man
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
In brownstown/flat rock area

telecast
07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
In brownstown/flat rock area

We're pretty close. If you take Will Carleton until you get to Milan, you're there. About 20-25 min from Telegraph.

Gas Man
07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep... have some family out there.

Berto
07-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Teles... nice... I have a Strat and an Epi LP... what kind of music do you play?

telecast
07-31-2009, 12:25 PM
A lot of stuff. My last band was Classic Rock, and in fact included another new member here, Fishman. Before that we were in an 8-piece blues band with a 3-piece horn section. A lot of BB King/Buddy Guy type stuff, mostly old school. I've also done country, oldies, etc. Right now I'm on hiatus...kind of got bored with the whole thing.

Berto
07-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Cool... you guys must be more advanced than i am... i am in a band now called Rock & Roll Revival... covering some classic rock tunes. It's great to learn, but I am still looking for another project that's a bit "younger"... you know, more modern rock, but nothing too harsh.