PDA

View Full Version : Electric bike or not want?

Gas Man
09-16-2014, 08:01 AM
So there are becoming so many options in electric bikes. Even HD has jumped on the band wagon...

I don't think they work well in lost of our area, but if you lived in the city and didn't really leave the city... maybe like in AA, and definately it would work in a place like LA or NYC.

What say you?

Kosher
09-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I like loud smelly gas burning motorcycles, and I lament what appears to be their inevitable demise.

leebo
09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
To old for newfangled contraptions!still gettin used to electric starter.

junkyardjon
09-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Nope, moped would do just fine

detdrbuzzard
09-16-2014, 08:37 PM
I can't do an IBA run on an electric bike
why should I give up the comfort of the wing for an electric bike
ever talk to those guys driving electric cars? no range, not enough time to fully recharge the batterys

Mudpuppy
09-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Did you say "meow"?

Mudpuppy
09-17-2014, 11:03 AM
And electric bikes are kick ass. Instant on. Acceleration is insane. Isle of Man this year they had ridiculous average speeds. I'm an internal combustion engine guy myself and I love the sound of the R1 when it's spooled up railing through the mountains like an F1 car but I wouldn't mind having an electric bike as a second bike. For around town bullshit and commutes it would be killer. I'm seriously considering getting a Chevy Volt for that very reason. Zero gas? Yes please. $0.03 a mile to charge it? Yes please. No offense Gasman but gas money is money I could spend on tires, track days, rides in the mountains, suspension, etc. etc. And if we all go electric and put you out of a job then Moe and I will write you a reference letter. Maybe you can get into bean farming - the pre-gas production end of things.

Gas Man
09-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I hear ya... I could see having some type of electric car for daily junk and my gas petri bikes, cars, etc for pleasure... that would be cool.