PDA

View Full Version : Call to action - Michigan exhaust bill!

Kosher
08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=3787495870&ch=BF9A830F89C55113C647C2B36B691BAF&h=5c080aa61082b427150075098355a28d&ei=NH_Tq9NNw

WTF? :wtf:

:fu2::fu2::fu2::fu2:

Kosher
08-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Here is the text of the email I sent to this Douglas Geiss moron:

-------
to: douglasgeiss@house.mi.gov

cc: WayneSchmidt@house.mi.gov<WayneSchmidt@house.mi.gov>;BenGlardon@house.mi.gov<BenGlardon@house.mi.gov>;KevinDaley@house.mi.gov<KevinDaley@house.mi.gov>;KurtHeise@house.mi.gov<KurtHeise@house.mi.gov>;BradJacobsen@house.mi.gov<BradJacobsen@house.mi.gov>;MargaretOBrien@house.mi.gov<MargaretOBrien@house.mi.gov>;PeterPettalia@house.mi.gov<PeterPettalia@house.mi.gov>;DanLauwers@house.mi.gov<DanLauwers@house.mi.gov>;MikeMcCready@house.mi.gov<MikeMcCready@house.mi.gov>;marilynlane@house.mi.gov<marilynlane@house.mi.gov>;scottdianda@house.mi.gov<scottdianda@house.mi.gov>;davidrutledge@house.mi.gov<davidrutledge@house.mi.gov>;gretchendriskell@house.mi.gov<gretchendriskell@house.mi.gov>;TomCochran@house.mi.gov<TomCochran@house.mi.gov>;charlessmiley@house.mi.gov<charlessmiley@house.mi.gov>;

Mr Geiss - Please spend your time trying to solve actual problems and leave our bikes alone. (per http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ql4t1q45wwnvdg455lcbjb55))/mileg.aspx?page=BillStatus&objectname=2014-HB-5726)

I suggest you tackle more important issues like: Road funding, crime, economic competitiveness.

I live in District 40 (Bloomfield Hills – Mike McCready)

detdrbuzzard
08-28-2014, 08:34 PM
a friend got a ticket for loud pipes about a month ago while riding his zx14

Gas Man
08-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Even though it only goes after the shops, not having the exhaust on the bike/car. But I sent an email anyway, to every single one of those bastards

Top of the Morning,

I am writing you to back my opposition to H.B. 5726, the bill to ban aftermarket exhausts. Not only does it go against everything that motor city is about, it is against my way of life and life of gear head. But I can talk to the business side of the state's tourism. Last year we elected to remove the helmet laws to increase motorcycle tourism. We have a great state to ride a motorcycle in; I know because I am a motorcyclist as well. Have you considered the percentage of motorcycles with aftermarket exhausts? A bill like this will be the same as closing our borders to all of that tapped tourism dollars.

I also own a Mustang muscle car that has an aftermarket exhaust; a joy of life that I picked up from the years of wrenching on cars with my father and uncles. Most of my family works in the auto industry, with 2 uncles building the new Mustangs in Flat Rock. We are Motor City Michigan!

I always believe that we the people need to do a better job enforcing the laws we have, before we try to create new laws. How many times during your daily commute do you drive behind cars with malfunctioning tail lights or bumpers falling off the car? Laws are suppose to be about making our lives and our state a better place to be. Not just create problems or make another law that is on the books for no good reason.

Please support me in my opposition to this bill, HB 5726.

RedneckMedic
08-28-2014, 11:24 PM
That also means companies cant manufacture performance exhaust. Not just fit them.

Tazman
08-29-2014, 02:12 PM
http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=3787495870&ch=BF9A830F89C55113C647C2B36B691BAF&h=5c080aa61082b427150075098355a28d&ei=NH_Tq9NNw

WTF? :wtf:

:fu2::fu2::fu2::fu2:

Emails sent.

RedneckMedic
08-29-2014, 05:39 PM
email sent.

Kosher
09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Here's the response I just got from my state rep:
--------
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding House Bill 5726, introduced by Representative Doug Geiss, dealing with aftermarket auto exhaust systems that are louder than those installed by the factory. I appreciate knowing your thoughts and concern on the bill.

As you may know, the bill was just recently introduced and currently resides in the House Committee on Transportation, which I serve. While I have not studied the bill extensively, my initial impression is leaning to oppose it. Michigan already has laws dealing with how loud a vehicle may be on a public road, and this bill could adversely affect the rich aftermarket car industry in our state. While I will not make a final decision until I have heard all discussion and debate, I will keep your thoughts in mind if the Transportation Chairman, Rep. Wayne Schmidt, does bring the bill up in committee.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write. If you have any additional thoughts or another issue of concern please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Mike McCready
State of Michigan Representative
40th District

leebo
09-02-2014, 05:10 PM
email sent!!

Gas Man
09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I got the same exact response!

Kosher
09-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Another response I just got today. More encouraging. Kinda surprising that the bill was sponsored and introduced by someone representing the DR.

I would have thought it would have come from someone representing the brie-eaters around my area.

--

Thank you for contacting my office to express your thoughts and concerns on House Bill 5726, a bill that would amend the Michigan vehicle code to prohibit certain facilities from modifying an exhaust system to produce noise in excess of OEM stock decibel levels. The bill would also prescribe a $10,000 fine for each violation.

House Bill 5726 was sponsored and introduced by Rep. Doug Geiss (D-Taylor) and referred to the Committee on Transportation on August 27, 2014. As a member of the Committee I am not sure if this bill will even be considered this year; under the Rules of the House this bill would 'die' at the end of the year and a new House member would have to re-introduce it in 2015, as Rep. Geiss is term-limited.

Whether we hear the bill this year or not, I am not in support of HB 5726.

Gas Man
09-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I got the exact same response as well.

RedneckMedic
09-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Thats one of the responses I got. I sent an email to all of them so I have like 6 emails from them all similar in nature.

Bagger Dave
09-04-2014, 07:32 AM
email sent also

Bagger Dave
09-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I emailed all of them also....got that same exact response Keith

Mad Dog
09-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Don't you guys understand that this is meant to help you.
It is understood by most in government that the average citizen cannot make intelligent decision on their own. Trust them. They mean you no harm. LOL
Fucktards must have attended a seminar her in NY on citizen control.

Mad Dog
09-04-2014, 08:52 PM
By the way the NY State Police just raided a gun shop last week in Albion, NY and confiscated their records.
Next items to be confiscated????????