PDA

View Full Version : Gear Debate: Does this settle anything?

Gas Man
07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Not for the weak stomach.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=105585

:eek:

Berto
07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
and again... WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! and WEAR FULL FACE HELMETS!!!

Gas Man
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
and again... WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! and WEAR FULL FACE HELMETS!!!
I'm not saying that, just understand the consequences. I for one, will be embarking on a 1500 mile trip this weekend, probably with my half DOT helmet, boots, vest and gloves.

vortech302
07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
I've been getting a little more lackadasical about riding without gear lately. But, it doesn't make much sense to go to the gym everyday if I'm gonna be all rashed up, then scarred up. Gear's going back on.

Gas Man
07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Rash don't make you weaker!

The best rebuttle I have.... LOL

vortech302
07-17-2009, 08:49 AM
But it'll make me less sexy, and I can't afford that.

Berto
07-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I've had rash and owe my life to a full face helmet.

I do not push my belives or habits on anyone, but I Always gear up.

The couple of times I rode gearless, I felt naked!

snofrog
08-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I was just in an accident in June . I had full face hjc helmet , joe rocket leather gloves , joe rocket leather jacket and leather boots on . the only place I got hurt were my legs from force trama and punctures . my joe rocket leather pants were at home as I was too lazy to put them on . as of today I noticed I`m not walking with much of a limp. my entire summer has been wasted on healing instead of riding,golfing,swimming...I dont preach to my friends but they have ALL gone through a spending spree for gear to wear now.if its too hot for gear its too hot to ride .Mark

telecast
08-09-2009, 09:13 AM
A couple of weeks ago I saw two crotch rockets sitting on the side of US23. Both guys had cuties on the back. Both were wearing T-shirts and shorts. The girls had on shorts and bikini tops. I went by them, and a few minutes later they blew by me doing about 80. I just shook my head. Oh, to be young and invincible again!

I wear a half helmet, boots, jeans, and a T-shirt weather permitting. I've ridden like that all my life. Cops wear half helmets. I'm sure part of that is so they can hear better, but if it were unsafe MIOSHA would surely step in. Every type of helmet has drawbacks. Full face helmets limit hearing. There was a case way back when they were first becoming popular where a guy went down. The helmet hit on the chin portion, snapping his neck forward and breaking it. The simple truth is that if it's your time, it doesn't matter what kind of helmet you have on. You're much further ahead by riding safely, defensively, and paying attention than worrying about the style of helmet.

I need to get a leather, haven't had one since I sold my last bike many years ago. I doubt I'll get a vest, but maybe. I may even have one floating around somwhere.