PDA

View Full Version : Any rides west of the Detroit area?

Tazman
08-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I was just wondering if you guys ever put together anything west of the Detroit area. Being in Coldwater it is a pretty good run just to get over there too often. I'd love to meet up with some of you if possible. Just sayin......

Gas Man
08-05-2014, 05:37 PM
We do... How far is it for you to get to US23 & N.Territorial?

Also, an idea... what about a ride out that direction? Could meet up in Milan and maybe ride out to Dark Horse Brewery in Marshal?

bombdog
08-06-2014, 07:58 AM
I did one last weekend to Fenten.

Tazman
08-06-2014, 01:33 PM
We do... How far is it for you to get to US23 & N.Territorial?

Also, an idea... what about a ride out that direction? Could meet up in Milan and maybe ride out to Dark Horse Brewery in Marshal?

23 & N Territorial sounds like Ann Arbor area. That is about an hour to hour andf a half depending. I've been once to Dark Horse and really enjoyed it. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Tazman
08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I did one last weekend to Fenten.

Flint and Fenton are still pretty far east from Coldwater.

I'm not saying I wouldn't come that far but it would be nice to have a few a little closer.

detdrbuzzard
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
how about a meet up at town and country? I am willing to make the trip to coldwater

Gas Man
08-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Tazman... you have any ideas on meeting places, route, and destination for lunch?

RedneckMedic
08-07-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm always up for long rides

Mudpuppy
08-07-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm always up for long rides

don't forget our long walks on the beach

Tazman
08-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Tazman... you have any ideas on meeting places, route, and destination for lunch?

There are tons of places here in Coldwater to meet up from Bob Evans, Coldwater Garden, Big Boy and others. It might be good to meet somewhere like Jackson. I don't know a lot about Jackson but I'm sure there are some good spots there also.

As far as destination, I have only been here since November so not familiar with all the roads yet. They tell me north from here gets in to some pretty nice riding.

Tazman
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
don't forget our long walks on the beach

Alright, am I gonna have to watch you two? LOL

Gas Man
08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Setup something... we can haul out that way. Wouldn't be the first time... we are on top of this weekend but you can setup for next or whichever.

That being said I'm not able to ride next weekend either... have a birthday party at 1pm... dress up style... fancy thing.

Tazman
08-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Setup something... we can haul out that way. Wouldn't be the first time... we are on top of this weekend but you can setup for next or whichever.

That being said I'm not able to ride next weekend either... have a birthday party at 1pm... dress up style... fancy thing.

I'm actually tied up next weekend also. I am riding up to Milton in Ontario to meet a buddy that's working up there temporarily. He's actually from Texas but doing a job up there in Milton. I will be coming through Sarnia on the way up on Friday and Detroit on the way back on Sunday. I could be open for a lunch meet up on Sunday if anyone has a good place to grab some grub on the way through.

Either way I'll try to set something up in the near future starting with a meet up in the Jackson area. I'll start a new thread for that so everyone can know the plans.