PDA

View Full Version : Fasteners

Chain
05-27-2014, 09:32 AM
I contacted Alloy Boltz for some SS bolts for my bikes, I used chrome before, and I HATE them! So SS it is!

Any how. I contacted Bob at Alloy and he hooked me up, I was wanting specifics rather than kits... and he worked with me. It was a great experience!

A big plus to me, Veteran owned and operated!

So, next time you need different fasteners! Give Bob a ring!

http://www.alloyboltz.com/catalog/index.php

Gas Man
05-27-2014, 10:04 AM
How much did you order and for ruffly how much chedda?

Chain
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
I got enough to do both bikes.

Cam cover
Timing cover
Transmission side cover
Transmission top cover
Primary
And for one the 12 point front brake caliper

Shipped it was around $120

RedneckMedic
05-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Nice. The one that bugs me the most is my primary but I would want black

Gas Man
05-27-2014, 07:46 PM
That's not too bad Chain.

I, for me, did this jazz on the big dog... and decided on my ultra I would allow function to overrule form when it comes to fasteners.

owl
05-27-2014, 07:54 PM
I use Mid-State bolt & screw in Flint. Good priceing & great selection of stainless.

Bagger Dave
05-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Cool Shane :rockwoot:thanks for the linky!

Gas Man
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I use Mid-State bolt & screw in Flint. Good priceing & great selection of stainless.

That place is AMAZING!

On bristol...

Chain
05-29-2014, 08:46 AM
It is "Jazz", but how does that overrule form?

I'd NEVER compromise, and go cheap, and substitute any sub-par fastener for looks over safety... All fasteners from Alloy are either to the OEM grade or better.

Some do this... you have to be careful, and be able to identify proper grade. Some hardware bolt may be a safety issue if you don't know what markings your looking for.

Gas Man
05-29-2014, 09:37 PM
It's form because it's not needed. It's done for cosmetics.

Chain
05-30-2014, 08:40 AM

I have no idea what that has to do with function vs form...

Just sounded like you were stating "function to overrule form", perhaps compromising function...

Just misread I guess. NO biggy.

To each there own. I just HATE the ugly stock grey bolts... ;)

Moesride
05-30-2014, 10:49 AM
I think there's a hardware shop a couple miles up the road from my house that Gas and I went into that sells all kinds of nuts and bolts like this...... chrome, ect. Keck? Am I right on this G ?

Gas Man
05-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Yes sir. Keck's

Ultra AL
06-08-2014, 09:53 AM

But that's true of many of your mods, Gasman. If function isn't compromised when getting the look you want, what's the problem. Your bike has a ton of mods that didn't make it 'better' than OEM, but it made it what your vision of your ride is. Nothing wrong with that.

junkyardjon
06-08-2014, 11:27 AM
The great bolt debate of 2014... Lol
Me, i replace Phillips head bolts every chance i get. Most times the people have stripped the heads already. Buy the right tools for them and they wouldn't have that problem lol

Tin Man
06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
The great bolt debate of 2014... Lol
Me, i replace Phillips head bolts every chance i get. Most times the people have stripped the heads already. Buy the right tools for them and they wouldn't have that problem lol..... J yard, Kevin Cameron, tech guy in Cycle World Mag. says the angle on Asian Phillip heads is different then good ole American screws. God only knows where you would get the right fit. So now I need SAE, Metric,Wentworth and Asian tools ???

junkyardjon
06-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I have a set of screw drivers for imports. Payed maybe $30 total. Funny cause nun of the tool truck dudes had any clue what i wanted. Easy way to tell is the tip are more flat than stanard drivers.