PDA

View Full Version : meet up with the australians

detdrbuzzard
05-06-2014, 05:06 AM
i got on the road Saturday at 6:30 taking m-39 south to I-75. it wasn't too bad but my hands were getting cold so i stopped at exit 18 and pulled in the pilot truck stop. i filled up the tank even though i didn't need to but hey i stopped. i put the electric gloves on before heading south on I-75 again. this wasn't a picture taking ride it was a get your ass to Frackville ride and it was a good thing i didn't have the camera out cause rain started falling around exit 10 in Michigan. i really didn't feel like turning around and going home to get the van so i headed for I-280. it stopped raining by the time i got on the pike but it returned by the time i go to the bridge and the drainage lines in the road were not helping my cause plus the winds had picked up. this f-ed up weather stayed with me to around Sandusky and i was happy to see it go

detdrbuzzard
05-06-2014, 05:12 AM
stopping again for gas at the service center near Cleveland i tried turning on my gps but it was water logged. well its pretty easy to find Frackville, pa. just take I-80 to I-81 and head south. the ride was un-eventfull from there but the rain returned about 30 miles out from Frackville but i made it in about 10 hours, 525 miles

detdrbuzzard
05-06-2014, 05:37 AM
my friend bill lives in Frackville, he drove over sunday and we went down to Gettysburg to pick up eric and vanessa, the austrailians. they are back in the states for a 28 day ride from pa down to ga, then tx then they will make their way to wa before flying back home

detdrbuzzard
05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
I got up early monday for my ride back home but I couldn't find my keys. after searching for an hour or so it was time to leave. it was colder so I put the electric jacket liner and heated gloves on along with some under armor long johns under my jeans and tourmaster over pants. my first stop was in jersey shores for gas. I didn't have any breakfast so by the time I got over to clarion not only was it time for gas but for lunch too. right after I pulled in the bp gas station a young couple on a Harley pulled in then a young guy on a vtx 1300. the guy on the vtx was heading east to new jersey and the couple on the Harley were going to cali. I had lunch at mc donalds with the couple on the Harley, they had set their gps to avoid toll roads but to do so their gps was taking them down near indianapolus ( yea I know I spelled it wrong ). staying on I-80 would take them closer to where they were heading in northern cali. leaving out we said our good bys and good lucks, they went over to Walmart and I got back on I-80 for home. the temp had warmed up some but that was short lived cause by the time I got in ohio the temp seemed to drop. I stopped near Cleveland for gas on the way home, there was a cute babe at the gas station but I wanted to make it home more that I wanted to talk to her so off I went. I catted with the lady at the toll booth for a minute before getting on I-280. once on I-75 I stopped at alexis rd for gas, I had enough to make it home but didn't want to park the wing that close to empty incase I decided to ride to work. the rest of the ride was nice and I was up around woodhaven around rush hour and made it home about 5:45. there didn't seem to be much of a rush hour though. I made a few check in calls and relaxed, it felt great to be off the road after another 525 mile ride, 1050 total

RedneckMedic
05-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Nice weekend trip. The wind on sunday was ridiculous. When I was heading up to holly the original plan was 275 to m5 but the wind was so bad kaley told me to get off the e-way and I didnt mind because it was a fight to stay in my lane. I don't think I could have done 500 miles in that weather.

detdrbuzzard
05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
hell i forgot about the wind. it was bad going and got bad the closer i got to toledo, really tossing me around crossing the bridge

leebo
05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Gee buzz sounds like quite the adventure.

Gas Man
05-07-2014, 01:10 AM
WOW guys... keep it on two and straight up!

detdrbuzzard
05-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Gee buzz sounds like quite the adventure.

if you can make it out to Frackville you'll find plenty of back roads with hills and curves to have fun on in the area

leebo
05-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Didnt make it to gettysburg but did go to manassas and that area looked good for ridin too.

detdrbuzzard
05-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Didnt make it to gettysburg but did go to manassas and that area looked good for ridin too.
there is good riding around bedford and sommerset, both are off of I-76 a toll road. try clearfield off of I-80, jersey shores looked good to but its east of clearfield

bombdog
05-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Sweet I grew up ( or at least got older ) next to Gettysburg there is some great riding out there. I will be making a trip there in July then to the Jersey shore.