PDA

View Full Version : Your bike ready to impress?

Gas Man
04-29-2014, 12:35 PM
My bike was born into 2014 ready to impress... so this is the first winter in 7 years I haven't had a mod season during winter. That being said, it was mostly due to the un-expected mod season I had last summer.

What about you?

Get your mods or upgrades done over winter?

If not what do you have planned?

Mudpuppy
04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
No mods done. About $3k worth of work to get done - I am going to punt. As soon as I have the cash I am going to get it done at a local shop. Valves, tune and suspension.

Gas Man
04-29-2014, 12:38 PM
No mods done. About $3k worth of work to get done - I am going to punt. As soon as I have the cash I am going to get it done at a local shop. Valves, tune and suspension.

Not worth the agrivation to tackle yourself? Or is it all the baby making getting in the way?

Mudpuppy
04-29-2014, 12:40 PM
It's a time issue for me honestly. Spread too thin.

Lilblue
04-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Mine is getting new plastics! Going back and forth on new scheme... just because I'm a HUGE fan of the current paint. Thinking all black with red ghost flames and red rims or going black with "natural" flames and keeping the yellow rims. Decisions, decisions...

bigblue13
04-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Does it count if you upgrade the passenger? ^^^^Hot Lady^^^

Gas Man
04-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Mine is getting new plastics! Going back and forth on new scheme... just because I'm a HUGE fan of the current paint. Thinking all black with red ghost flames and red rims or going black with "natural" flames and keeping the yellow rims. Decisions, decisions...

That sounds cool as hell.

Does it count if you upgrade the passenger? ^^^^Hot Lady^^^

I think that counts... makes the bike(s) look better!!

leebo
04-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Rideable couple little things left.

RedneckMedic
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
I probably need about ten grand more worth of work to do everything I want but Rome wasnt't built in a day. More audio, wheels, bags and fender, engine upgrade with cams and such, suspension, touring link stabilizer, floorboards, grips, shifter pegs and break pedal, madstad, and then I'll be finished lol.

Moesride
04-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Installed the spot lamps with the daymakers on the SG over the winter. Ceramic coated the pipes and waiting on a custom dynamic 128db horn that will be here Friday. Other than that, I'm getting an itch for another bike. :chopper:

Chain
04-29-2014, 06:08 PM
SG is ready. NO mods done on her. RG will be bout first part of July. I don't like to owe, so it's cash as we go!!!

Kosher
04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
The only mod left is one you wont see - 107 kit going in May 21.

Then I can keep up with Chain, maybe. :)

Thruxtonbill
04-29-2014, 06:33 PM
My shits always ready

StevieRides
04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Ha, oh no no no, not quite yet. I got a small gasket leak to do away with (like, a $1 part) and the throttle cable seems to be either frayed or, sticking to something. As the throttle can stick open and I have to manually close it, which would be an issue. Outside of that all I wanna do is see if I can find a better rear sprocket and new brakes. As well as get a classic-styled front fairing/windscreen.

...Maybe a new seat while I'm at it. The original is in good shape but it doesn't leave me a lot of room to change my position on the bike.

Larry64
04-29-2014, 08:06 PM
I still have to get that head pipe on but my winter mods were in the garage. I insulated, moved and replaced the outlets and paneled with OSB. Next is a gas line and furnace for next winter.

skipper
04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Im done with my mods but but still gotta change the fluids. Not sure why I haven't just man-ed up and done it yet. Oh yeah.......I'm too fucking busy in the spring to do much of anything not on my list. Ugg.

Gas Man
04-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Ha, oh no no no, not quite yet. I got a small gasket leak to do away with (like, a $1 part) and the throttle cable seems to be either frayed or, sticking to something. As the throttle can stick open and I have to manually close it, which would be an issue. Outside of that all I wanna do is see if I can find a better rear sprocket and new brakes. As well as get a classic-styled front fairing/windscreen.

...Maybe a new seat while I'm at it. The original is in good shape but it doesn't leave me a lot of room to change my position on the bike.

You should talk to Seatmaker @ www.badassbikeseats.com

Here's some example
http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4572-BadAssBikeSeats-hits-a-grand-slam

Bagger Dave
04-29-2014, 09:19 PM
My shit is ready to go :rockwoot:....no mod's this past winter(did alot of my mod's the last couple of years)...don't really have anything planned...maybe cams next year...don't know yet...

bombdog
04-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Should be getting Dynoed next week. Then new rear tire, I have the new exhaust to put on (same as old they sent me a replacement) and I am am thinking about new bars. Also some custom paint.

Kosher
04-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Should be getting Dynoed next week. Then new rear tire, I have the new exhaust to put on (same as old they sent me a replacement) and I am am thinking about new bars. Also some custom paint.

Who is doing the tune?

Chain
04-30-2014, 11:26 AM
The only mod left is one you wont see - 107 kit going in May 21.

Then I can keep up with Chain, maybe. :)

Having head work done as well? Cams?

I have yet to have mine dynoed... only cause I'm going to change cams. I have the 551's, I want the 583's. ;)

Kosher
04-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Having head work done as well? Cams?

I have yet to have mine dynoed... only cause I'm going to change cams. I have the 551's, I want the 583's. ;)

107, TW555 cams, Fuel Moto jugs.

I'm not getting ported heads because according to Jamie at Fuel Moto, you wont get very much from ported heads if you have true duals, and what you do get comes further to the right than I would be using.

I'm getting the Fuel Moto jugs because they have thicker walls and better cooling fins than ported stock, and because I hate money. Compression is going to 10.25:1 which means more heat and while they say they dont see problems with ported stock jugs, but I like that the FM jugs will hold their shape better throughout a heat cycle, and again, I hate money.

I'm also spending ~~$200 for them to put in the improved parts you would normally get with their ported heads - valve springs, etc.

Gas Man
04-30-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry but I :lol: everytime I see Kosher type "I hate money". :rofl:

RedneckMedic
04-30-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry but I :lol: everytime I see Kosher type "I hate money". :rofl:Haha me too. Gotta love people breaking stereotypes. Haha even mud had a kid with his wifey. I didnt know assholes could reproduce.

bombdog
04-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Who is doing the tune?

Eds Heads in South Lyon.

Kosher
04-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Eds Heads in South Lyon.

Interesting. Never heard of him. Has to be better than the boneheads at the dealerships.

And no web site. Clearly a man solely focused on his craft.

bombdog
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Interesting. Never heard of him. Has to be better than the boneheads at the dealerships.

And no web site. Clearly a man solely focused on his craft.

I can tell you more next week. I think he does lots of racing type stuff but I do know he has people from all over the country come to him.

Chain
05-02-2014, 09:35 AM
107, TW555 cams, Fuel Moto jugs.

I'm not getting ported heads because according to Jamie at Fuel Moto, you wont get very much from ported heads if you have true duals, and what you do get comes further to the right than I would be using.

I'm getting the Fuel Moto jugs because they have thicker walls and better cooling fins than ported stock, and because I hate money. Compression is going to 10.25:1 which means more heat and while they say they dont see problems with ported stock jugs, but I like that the FM jugs will hold their shape better throughout a heat cycle, and again, I hate money.

I'm also spending ~~$200 for them to put in the improved parts you would normally get with their ported heads - valve springs, etc.

Cool! I come from the other side of the tracks on the head work. Any time there is easier air flow it HAS to improve something.... And the price for having them done?! Is a drop in the hat... I had Kirby Apathy do mine. VeeTwin Racing. http://www.veetwinperformance.com/
$400 buck... and you DO hate money!!!

I had the 106 SS jugs. Thicker fins, better cooling... ;)

Kosher
05-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Cool! I come from the other side of the tracks on the head work. Any time there is easier air flow it HAS to improve something.... And the price for having them done?! Is a drop in the hat... I had Kirby Apathy do mine. VeeTwin Racing. http://www.veetwinperformance.com/
$400 buck... and you DO hate money!!!

I had the 106 SS jugs. Thicker fins, better cooling... ;)

I'm going to ask again about heads, we'll see.

Chain
05-02-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm going to ask again about heads, we'll see.

Make sure you tell them, "I hate money"!!!!!!!! That'll change there tunes!!! ;)

alhall88
05-02-2014, 06:33 PM
2 years in a row with no mods, I'm actually impressed with myself. Im getting older and seem to be getting other projects. I redid a friends old beaten FXR this winter who didn't have much money but was glad to help him out. Seems I just want to ride and keep the bike rolling. I have to put some work in my older motorhome this summer and get it ready for Sturgis. Im sending it with my girlfriends mom ahead of us so we can just ride. Im taking 3 weeks off in a row and Im going to ride till my hands start bleeding.

Gas Man
05-04-2014, 05:37 PM
That's awesome Al

Bagger Dave
05-04-2014, 11:18 PM
2 years in a row with no mods, I'm actually impressed with myself. Im getting older and seem to be getting other projects. I redid a friends old beaten FXR this winter who didn't have much money but was glad to help him out. Seems I just want to ride and keep the bike rolling. I have to put some work in my older motorhome this summer and get it ready for Sturgis. Im sending it with my girlfriends mom ahead of us so we can just ride. Im taking 3 weeks off in a row and Im going to ride till my hands start bleeding.

Cool shit Al! that's going to be a ride for sure! :rockwoot:

bombdog
05-05-2014, 09:12 AM

Sweet sounds like a blast and doing it right!

StevieRides
05-16-2014, 03:03 PM
You should talk to Seatmaker @ www.badassbikeseats.com (http://www.badassbikeseats.com)

Here's some example
http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4572-BadAssBikeSeats-hits-a-grand-slam Yeah I'll check him out. It looks like quality work, and I'm looking for a sportbike type seat. Something that'l give me a bit more room to move around on the bike. As it is, it feels like I'm sitting in a bucket and I can't shift my weight as well as I'd like. Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it.

Gas Man
05-16-2014, 03:07 PM
He can do some re shaping of your seat or a gel insert as well.

Tin Man
05-17-2014, 05:11 PM
The good news is all 3 of my bikes are pretty much set up just as I think they should be, Bad news is now I might need another project. DUH. I don't really think any of my rides will cause any "panty dropping" but they make me smile, and in the end that's all that counts.