PDA

View Full Version : New guy

08-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi all, I found this place while browsing CL, and got all excited to find a MI based group that isn't bike specific. I like bikes; all bikes. I don't think there's a new one being made I wouldn't buy if I could afford it now. My fondness is for the 80's stuff right now, that's where I've been spending my money, and the 70's stuff is cool as well. I've been lurking here for a little while, and I recognize some of you from another board I lurk at often. None of you will know me though, I'm not registered/have never posted there.

Anyway, I'm glad I found you all, looks like a cool mix of bikes we have here. I spend all my free time joy riding and just wasting gas, (major sin these days but I don't care). So anytime anybody wants to ride, or needs to do some bike work, holler up and we'll get it done!* :D

I'm going to try to go post pics of my bikes now, see everybody around the Forums!* ;)

disconvobulated
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
hey there so welcome and where you from??

09-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Taylor.

bettyboop1w
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Warm welcome and enjoy.* You are not to far from Detrioit.

Berto
09-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome.

Hit me up whenever you want to ride.

Bob
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi all, I found this place while browsing CL, and got all excited to find a MI based group that isn't bike specific. I like bikes; all bikes. I don't think there's a new one being made I wouldn't buy if I could afford it now. My fondness is for the 80's stuff right now, that's where I've been spending my money, and the 70's stuff is cool as well. I've been lurking here for a little while, and I recognize some of you from another board I lurk at often. None of you will know me though, I'm not registered/have never posted there.

Anyway, I'm glad I found you all, looks like a cool mix of bikes we have here. I spend all my free time joy riding and just wasting gas, (major sin these days but I don't care). So anytime anybody wants to ride, or needs to do some bike work, holler up and we'll get it done!* :D

I'm going to try to go post pics of my bikes now, see everybody around the Forums!* ;)

Welcome!* And glad you like the site.* What you said is exactly what I was going for.

1katrider
09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the site........

Bob
09-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I see you are Downriver as well?* Any place you usually ride or hang out in the area?

09-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I see you are Downriver as well?* Any place you usually ride or hang out in the area?

No not really. I usually go wandering around everyday, but never really any place in particular. Lately my rides have all ended up SW of the airport in and around New Boston and a bit beyond. I like riding Hines Park when I think of it-light traffic, very few traffic lights and intersections, and mostly decent road with lots of places to stop. I don't go there during the evening/night, so i don't know if it's even still the party strip it used to be when I was a kid.

But for the most part I just stay around the down river area...hopefully my area will expand if I ever ride with/meet anybody.

Bob
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
We usually ride down toward South Rockwood and Monroe.* I'm getting more familiar with the area so I can start leading some times.* Sometimes we head west and end up near Milan.* We went to Irish Hills once.* I usually trail so I have no idea where we have gone or are going.* I'm learning though.* Berto and I would like to get some of the locals together for a litle ride in the next week or two.