PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coating on the exhaust

Moesride
04-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Decided to take my Reinhardt exhaust off since they were really faded and had developed a little road rash from a miscalculated turn plus they are hot as hell!
Ended up going with a ceramic made by Cerakote. Rated for 2000* so I should be good there. Just put them back on the bike this morning and had them go through the curing cycle.
They look very nice and hope they last a lot longer than the original paint did straight from Reinhardt.
Had JPC blast and coat them. He did a nice job form me. I can not believe the difference in the heat the pipes generate or I should say the lack of. They run very cool compared to before.
Here's a before and after pic. First pic is old pipes... second are ceramic. Ceramic is a bit darker.

leebo
04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Sharplookin moe!

Klimoman
04-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Looks badass!

Kosher
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Looks great Moe - in theory there's a performance benefit to keeping the heat in, supposedly it helps with exhaust scavenging

Ultra AL
04-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Sweet looking pipes, Moe!

RedneckMedic
04-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I like them a lot. I've thought of doing exhaust wrap under my heat shields to curb some of the heat. My headers are ceramic coated in and out and so are my shields but its still hot as a mofo.

Gas Man
04-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Moe, look good. Makes the old look almost purple in tint.

Looks great Moe - in theory there's a performance benefit to keeping the heat in, supposedly it helps with exhaust scavenging

That would only apply if the pipes were done in & out... Moe did the heat shields. He's just trying to keep it cooler for him.

I like them a lot. I've thought of doing exhaust wrap under my heat shields to curb some of the heat. My headers are ceramic coated in and out and so are my shields but its still hot as a mofo.

I did that... didn't notice any improvement.

Bagger Dave
04-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Looks good Moe!

Kosher
04-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Moe - is it difficult to check and fill you oil with those pipes?

Chain
04-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Look VERY nice Moe!

Were the pipes Anodized before? I know they (Rinehart) Anodize their tips, and that's the reason why they turn purple after time.

I really like black pipes!!! VERY NICE!!!!

bombdog
04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Sweet Looks great!

Moesride
04-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys...I'm happy with them. Can't believe how cool the shields stay as compared to before, amazing product this Cerakote.
Keith, checking the oil on these pipes is a pita. The design of the pipes are not exactly my first choice but being that I purchased the bike with under 900 miles on it and the exhaust system was already on it, I kept it that way.
Not sure what Reinhardt does to coat there pipes Shane but I can tell you it faded big time and the heat on the rear pipe..Holy Hell!! Bike has 8xxx miles on it. Didn't last that long.