PDA

View Full Version : TWC April 6, 2014 - Jolly Pumpkin (AA)

RedneckMedic
03-31-2014, 11:23 PM
So where are we going? Garage grill or somewhere else. I was thinking jolly pumpkin in Ann Arbor would be a good spot too. I say due to weather this time of year and being a bit chili on the AM we shoot for a start time of about noon. Thoughts?

Edit:Ok here it is...TWC April 6, 2014Meet at: Yum Yum donut in taylor on telegraph road (8284 Telegraph RdTaylor, MI 48180)Meet up time: 1200Kickstands up: 1230Destination: Jolly pumpkin Ann Arbor Ride time: open for suggestion usually about 2 hours End time: around 4 to 5

junkyardjon
03-31-2014, 11:32 PM
kinda wish I still had the Goldwing....

Bagger Dave
04-01-2014, 06:59 AM
I'm out for this weekend....have to work
We should do the Garage Grill when it gets warmer....and on the weekend that I'm not working :lol:

bombdog
04-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I could be in.

Gas Man
04-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I fully agree with you Medic... later start might be a good idea... It still gets pretty cold at night.

i'd be down for jolly pumpkin... might be good to go west vs north.

bombdog
04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
West maybe south I know a great Thai restaurant in Knoxville.

owl
04-01-2014, 01:45 PM
What time and where?

Mudpuppy
04-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Sunday weather looks good:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/Capture1.jpg (http://s340.photobucket.com/user/mudpuppyr6/media/Capture1.jpg.html)

I would like to get out but I have to get the bike going first (probably will fire up this weekend) and I have hockey / bowling on Saturday so the fun governor will probably frown on my attendance. I am a slight maybe on this one.

Gas Man
04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Medic is running the game... let him set it up.

RedneckMedic
04-01-2014, 10:52 PM
First post edited

bombdog
04-02-2014, 10:20 AM
I think that was being suggested for when it gets warmer not for Sunday Pumpkin pie sounds good or the Thai place in Knoxville is really good and can seat all of us.

DataDaemon
04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
So my wife and I are going to try to make this, mostly hinges on getting a sitter so we have a house to come home to, but how do you guys usually head over to Ann Arbor form there? Just roll 94 or something more scenic?

bombdog
04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Something more scenic. We rarely hit slab on TWC but it can happen.

CnA
04-02-2014, 12:19 PM
So my wife and I are going to try to make this, mostly hinges on getting a sitter so we have a house to come home to, but how do you guys usually head over to Ann Arbor form there? Just roll 94 or something more scenic?

Willow Road is a good ride all the way to south of Ann Arbor.

meinschaft
04-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Chris - where you going to park for the Jolly Pumpkin? Main St. will be a zoo on Sunday. So will the municipal (pay) lots.

owl
04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
DataDaemon (http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/member.php?1321-DataDaemon), Justin and I are leaving about 11:00 am from waterford. We will meet up with others in Taylor around noon.
Your more than welcome to ride along
Jim

DataDaemon
04-02-2014, 06:37 PM
We going to pal up and ride down Telegraph?

Gas Man
04-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Chris - where you going to park for the Jolly Pumpkin? Main St. will be a zoo on Sunday. So will the municipal (pay) lots.
I have no idea!! I don't even know where it is...

skipper
04-03-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm in. I'm gonna park a block away from u guys so no one fucks with my ride.

Rotbart
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
As of right now, I have Saturday off. If still true on Saturday, I'm in.

Firetaz419
04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
We going to pal up and ride down Telegraph?

That's the idea, its only a 30-40 minute ride down tele

Firetaz419
04-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Just a thought... Hash Bash is this weekend in Ann Arbor... are we going to be able to find a place to park, let alone eat? lmao :drewpy:

Kosher
04-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Just a thought... Hash Bash is this weekend in Ann Arbor... are we going to be able to find a place to park, let alone eat? lmao :drewpy:

Damn, and I have to miss it.

http://www.bong-hit.com/files/2713/7352/3877/getaBong.jpg

Mudpuppy
04-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Hash bash is Saturday though not Sunday

Firetaz419
04-03-2014, 05:55 PM
True but traffic in the city is usually a mad house for the whole weekend, doesn't matter to me I was just throwing it out there in case someone wasn't aware or forgot.

RedneckMedic
04-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Well we can talk on sunday and figure it out. We could always divert to ypsi or somewhere if we need too

bombdog
04-04-2014, 09:42 AM
What is this Hash? Hash Browns? Corned Beef Hash? I am just tring to Hash this out.....

Ultra AL
04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
What is this Hash? Hash Browns? Corned Beef Hash? I am just tring to Hash this out.....

Hashtag? Rehashed? I guess Medic is right when he says we can 'hash it over' on Sunday.

Mudpuppy
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
They should rename it to the vapor / edible bash. Less pollution from all that hash smoke. Hash browns do sound good about now.

bombdog
04-04-2014, 11:37 AM
What about that place I missed yall at I think it was in Ipsy The bomb or something it was a breakfast place yall said was great.

Kosher
04-04-2014, 12:02 PM
What about that place I missed yall at I think it was in Ipsy The bomb or something it was a breakfast place yall said was great.

http://bomberrestaurant.net/

Gas Man
04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Sunday sunday sunday

bombdog
04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
http://bomberrestaurant.net/

Dats Da place man I gotta try it sometime. As for AA being crowded I dont think it matters what weekend you pick to go there they will have something going on.

Ultra AL
04-05-2014, 05:44 PM
OK _ I am good to go on tomorrows ride, but I am coming directly from church. If church runs long, I may be a couple minutes late. Medic, what is the route from the donut shop? I may need to catch you guys along the way. If you leave at 12:30 or slightly after, I should be able to catch you at the donut shop.

RedneckMedic
04-05-2014, 06:54 PM
OK _ I am good to go on tomorrows ride, but I am coming directly from church. If church runs long, I may be a couple minutes late. Medic, what is the route from the donut shop? I may need to catch you guys along the way. If you leave at 12:30 or slightly after, I should be able to catch you at the donut shop.

Not sure of the route yet but if you think youll be there by 1230 or so we can stick around for you.

Moesride
04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Ride save gents, have a good time.

Ultra AL
04-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Not sure of the route yet but if you think youll be there by 1230 or so we can stick around for you.

I'm thinking I can roll in at 12:30 Medic. I'll see you there.

bombdog
04-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I will be there

horrorbusiness
04-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Any of you hillbillys leave from poor boy choppers ?

Firetaz419
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Yep, 3 of us did! Owl, Data , and myself :)

owl
04-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Good Ride today Ladies and gentlemen. It was nice to see many of you again and nice to meet those I’ve not been introduced to before today.

Ultra AL
04-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Good Ride today Ladies and gentlemen. It was nice to see many of you again and nice to meet those I’ve not been introduced to before today.

Had a good time, Owl. Be safe on your journey next week!

RedneckMedic
04-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Yep another good day in the books. Now where we going next week.

Firetaz419
04-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Great ride! Watching Data Daemon try to race me on the way home was one of the highlights, but all in all a great day and fun times with great friends! I'll cya guys in 2 weeks for the Sunday ride, pending me being alive since the 19th is my 26th bday!

Ride safe, Ride fast

DataDaemon
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Had a blast as well, the ride home was pretty good. I wasn't racing... just having fun with the throttle, some how I think you've got my little 600 beat with that freaking busa! I won't make next week either as the girls in my family are all doing a gathering so its just the boys and I for the weekend.

horrorbusiness
04-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Yep, 3 of us did! Owl, Data , and myself :)

I drove by on my way home , did you see me ? I was the guy in a gage, 10:45 ish.

bombdog
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Great ride Glad all made it home safe. I was great to see everyone again and meet some new people. The ride home hit a snag with 23 being a parking lot so I turned off and took back roads home.

skipper
04-07-2014, 11:01 AM
+1

I agree Owl! That was fun. Enjoy your trip!!!!!!

Gas Man
04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Well I think it will probably be the 13th, then the 19th, is a d-frost run if you all want to go. Probably won't be much TWC, unless popular demand, due to the 20th being Easter sunday.

Klimoman
04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
It was fun, I am glad you guys all had a chance to see me.....

Kosher
04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Did anyone post pics?

RedneckMedic
04-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Did anyone post pics?

No I dont think so. I think we were all distracted by finding parking and then terrified of the hipster parade down there.

bombdog
04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
It was fun, I am glad you guys all had a chance to see me.....

Klintoman Once I had seen you were going I knew I could not miss it.

Mudpuppy
04-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Anyone try the BLT?

Bagger Dave
04-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Yep another good day in the books. Now where we going next week.
Sunday April 13th is looking like 50% chance of rain... Saturday the 12th looks like the best day...plus it will be in the mid 60's....maybe do a ride on Saturday?

bombdog
04-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Sunday April 13th is looking like 50% chance of rain... Saturday the 12th looks like the best day...plus it will be in the mid 60's....maybe do a ride on Saturday?

Dave I dont know where you got your report but the one I saw said Sunday was a 50% chance of Sun!

Bagger Dave
04-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Dave I dont know where you got your report but the one I saw said Sunday was a 50% chance of Sun!
:lol: that's what I said...50% chance of rain on Sunday...

Klimoman
04-08-2014, 09:47 PM
klintoman once i had seen you were going i knew i could not miss it.

< blushing>

RedneckMedic
04-09-2014, 01:30 AM
If its nice on sunday Im sure Ill ride some where but cant do saturday due to work.

Caveman
04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
well, over all I had a good day. but, I do have one complaint. When we ride as a group we should make all efforts to ride home as a group as well. I know that we were all parked all throughout the garage, but I pretty much got left to work on my exhaust bolts alone. Save for Mark and Robyn I was on my own. I'm not sure if nobody else knew my situation but they were waiting at the exit of the garage and when they didnt see me they texted me to see if I had made it out. Klimoman at least offered to stick around but seeing as everyone else bailed I didn't wanna make him the odd man out.
I am a big boy and I can handle my own patch work repairs but...... Like the old pics show, we don't like to leave a brother or sister out to flap in the wind. Again, I didn't expect it of anyone and I handled the situation best I could with what I had but it just seemed kind of shitty is all.

Rant complete

Other than that I thought the ride out there was great other than a minor last minute exit that had most of us rollin through the stripes to make an exit. From now on if we hit a large city like AA again we need to just hit the first parking garage near our destination, and if parking in said garage I was under the idea that we go clear to the top and if no space to park en masse then start goin back down and find spaces as necessary. The food was good, as well, even if it did take an hour and 45 minutes to get some grub. Probably would have been the same where ever we went that day with the parade and all.

RedneckMedic
04-16-2014, 06:50 PM
well, over all I had a good day. but, I do have one complaint. When we ride as a group we should make all efforts to ride home as a group as well. I know that we were all parked all throughout the garage, but I pretty much got left to work on my exhaust bolts alone. Save for Mark and Robyn I was on my own. I'm not sure if nobody else knew my situation but they were waiting at the exit of the garage and when they didnt see me they texted me to see if I had made it out. Klimoman at least offered to stick around but seeing as everyone else bailed I didn't wanna make him the odd man out. I am a big boy and I can handle my own patch work repairs but...... Like the old pics show, we don't like to leave a brother or sister out to flap in the wind. Again, I didn't expect it of anyone and I handled the situation best I could with what I had but it just seemed kind of shitty is all.Rant completeOther than that I thought the ride out there was great other than a minor last minute exit that had most of us rollin through the stripes to make an exit. From now on if we hit a large city like AA again we need to just hit the first parking garage near our destination, and if parking in said garage I was under the idea that we go clear to the top and if no space to park en masse then start goin back down and find spaces as necessary. The food was good, as well, even if it did take an hour and 45 minutes to get some grub. Probably would have been the same where ever we went that day with the parade and all.Wow cave. Didnt know you were having issues. I thought everyone was ready to roll. We all rolled out together. A few stopped in and grabbed gas and another group rolled towards 94. If I would have know I would have done what I could to help.

bombdog
04-24-2014, 01:25 PM
well, over all I had a good day. but, I do have one complaint. When we ride as a group we should make all efforts to ride home as a group as well. I know that we were all parked all throughout the garage, but I pretty much got left to work on my exhaust bolts alone. Save for Mark and Robyn I was on my own. I'm not sure if nobody else knew my situation but they were waiting at the exit of the garage and when they didnt see me they texted me to see if I had made it out. Klimoman at least offered to stick around but seeing as everyone else bailed I didn't wanna make him the odd man out.
I am a big boy and I can handle my own patch work repairs but...... Like the old pics show, we don't like to leave a brother or sister out to flap in the wind. Again, I didn't expect it of anyone and I handled the situation best I could with what I had but it just seemed kind of shitty is all.

Rant complete

Other than that I thought the ride out there was great other than a minor last minute exit that had most of us rollin through the stripes to make an exit. From now on if we hit a large city like AA again we need to just hit the first parking garage near our destination, and if parking in said garage I was under the idea that we go clear to the top and if no space to park en masse then start goin back down and find spaces as necessary. The food was good, as well, even if it did take an hour and 45 minutes to get some grub. Probably would have been the same where ever we went that day with the parade and all.

Sorry Brother I did not realize as I was going a different Direction than most I went of on my own.

Caveman
04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Like I said fellas, I am ok with what the turn out was. I just a little frustrated with situation. I'm over it and all is well. I got her fixed and have ridden back and forth to work with no issue. Even one day there was my exit to go home and just kept on plodding up 75. Found myself on Ford Rd and stopped at the tattoo shop to schedule the free tune up session.