PDA

View Full Version : Hawg wired system

RedneckMedic
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
So when I got my roadie the stock audio sucked as everyone can agree. I've been looking at my audio options and listening to what I like and every time I thought I liked something I changed my mind. So I ended up with going with a hawg wired system.

I ended up with
4 6.5 zx series component speakers
A 400 watt amp
Speaker grills with tweeters
All the wire stuff

The only problem ive ran into so far was with the lower speaker pods. I ended up getting them from mutazu but I'm just not happy with them. So I'm going to have to send these back and go with the cvo ones from harley before I can do the install.

Klimoman
03-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Sweet.... I think you will like the new sounds. I love mine...

RedneckMedic
03-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Well I called up to biker bobs to try and get the cvo speaker pods for the lowers and the guy who answered the phone had no clue what I was talking about. He didnt even know what a lower fairing was and after I spent five minutes on the phone on hold he finally cam back and quoted me like 300 dollars. I can only assume he looked up the entire lower with speaker pod or the boom pods with speaker because that is ridiculous. I'm so done with biker bobs its unreal their level of incompetency.

So I called john Horton other wise known as "PC pain" on the roadglide and hd forums at horny road hd in Texas and I got a price of 72 bucks shipped and it was a fast easy transaction. I highly recommend him if your looking for the the discount on hd parts especially since zanottis went out of business and hales selection of in stock parts sucks.

Bagger Dave
03-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Well I called up to biker bobs to try and get the cvo speaker pods for the lowers and the guy who answered the phone had no clue what I was talking about. He didnt even know what a lower fairing was and after I spent five minutes on the phone on hold he finally cam back and quoted me like 300 dollars. I can only assume he looked up the entire lower with speaker pod or the boom pods with speaker because that is ridiculous. I'm so done with biker bobs its unreal their level of incompetency.

So I called john Horton other wise known as "PC pain" on the roadglide and hd forums at horny road hd in Texas and I got a price of 72 bucks shipped and it was a fast easy transaction. I highly recommend him if your looking for the the discount on hd parts especially since zanottis went out of business and hales selection of in stock parts sucks.

Cool Lance! glad you got taken care of....
I have never had any problems with Hales...you can't go off of their website, you have to call it in with the part # that your looking for...Jim always told me if he had something in stock or had to order it right then and there...I even got 15% off of parts that he ordered me from Drag(Custom Dynamics)
put down a linky for that HD dealer in the Discount HD parts thread

Moesride
03-25-2014, 01:36 PM
I agree with you on the BBs for the most part Lance. I only go in there when Eddie's workin at the parts desk. ( two days a week since he's semi retired). He's a straight shooter, knows his shit and has never bullshit me with anything or tried selling me anything. Very cool old timer.
Other than this, I try to stay away.

Gas Man
03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
I agree with you on the BBs for the most part Lance. I only go in there when Eddie's workin at the parts desk. ( two days a week since he's semi retired). He's a straight shooter, knows his shit and has never bullshit me with anything or tried selling me anything. Very cool old timer.
Other than this, I try to stay away.

I hear ya guys... I also like James at the parts counter. And of course Tim at the chrome desk. But damn I haven't even been in there in like 6 months... huh.

The system sounds like fun. Reminds me of my car stereo system days... HMU Lance... I'll help ya.

Moesride
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Went in there Sunday G.... boys at the counter said they haven't seen you in a while. Just like you stated. Agreed with you on James too, nice kid.

Gas Man
03-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah I haven't avoided them. I just haven't been in. Further I didn't do any projects to the bike this winter like I normally do b

Mudpuppy
03-27-2014, 10:20 AM
When the guy says "motorcycles? do we sell those?" that is your cue to hang up

skipper
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
So Lance, I bought the stick on waterproof foam shit for the inside of the fairing from J&M. It was $40 bucks. It is suppose to make a difference in sound. If I get it installed before you finish yours I'll let you know if it is worth while. I read great stuff about it.........figured I'd give it a try since I only have 2 wimpy speakers and a lowly 180watt amp.

RedneckMedic
03-28-2014, 10:36 PM
So Lance, I bought the stick on waterproof foam shit for the inside of the fairing from J&M. It was $40 bucks. It is suppose to make a difference in sound. If I get it installed before you finish yours I'll let you know if it is worth while. I read great stuff about it.........figured I'd give it a try since I only have 2 wimpy speakers and a lowly 180watt amp.Let me know. I've also been reading about using polyfil in the speakers as well.

RedneckMedic
03-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Well tonight I got the garage cleaned up and got the speaker pods painted. Also going to get some other things prepped so I can have a nice stress free install on sunday.

Caveman
03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Well tonight I got the garage cleaned up and got the speaker pods painted. Also going to get some other things prepped so I can have a nice stress free install on sunday.

Nothing is EVER, EVER EVER EVER, stress free when installing shit on the bike. remember, "custom isn't bolt on." - Gas Man

Gas Man
03-28-2014, 11:04 PM
Cave is right... but we can at least lower the amount of crazy!!

RedneckMedic
03-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Nothing is EVER, EVER EVER EVER, stress free when installing shit on the bike. remember, "custom isn't bolt on." - Gas Man

O ya I know all too well especially with my handlebar install

Gas Man
03-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Oh yeah... the 4 hour handle bar install that took 16 hours. That was insane!