PDA

View Full Version : Killboy.com

Berto
05-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Check out the third row...

Someone on a white bike... WOOT!!!!

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=4740737&g=03&s=175

It was awesome in case any of you are wondering. I am supposed to get some pics and even some video, but that's down the road.

WOOT!!!

Thruxtonbill
05-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm blocked here at work, I'll check them it out when I get home. I know you have more pics, so, POST THEM. Did you make it to the Snake? I must of misunderstood I thought you were staying at the Roost.

Gas Man
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Sweet... you look like a ghost carrot!

Gary
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
nice pics. i still want to get down there

ChefC14
05-28-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm looking forward to my trip down there next week. Anyone want to come along? I'm leaving Thursday the 4th. Berto, congrats on making the front page. Waiting to see the pics. How were the cops? Did you like highway 28 and did you get a pic of your bike behind the Bridal Veil Falls? Damn it I can't wait.

Berto
05-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Bill, this other dude that was there was taking pics and he still has to send them to me. I will post once I get them. We didnt have time to get to the Snake.... and I stayed closer to 28...

Chef, 28 is one of my favorite roads!!! I rode it about 6 times...

Cops were not too bad, on the gap itself... horrible, so stay away if possible. Saw 2 on the Cherohala, but that was really it.

My buddies and I like to stay on the side roads, not the main popular ones. You get sometimes better roads but with less traffic that way.

Thursday the 4th huh?

Where are you staying? My bike is ready to go back. The race tires are still on... hmmmmmmm... let me know... i may take another long weekend.

ChefC14
05-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Bill, this other dude that was there was taking pics and he still has to send them to me. I will post once I get them. We didnt have time to get to the Snake.... and I stayed closer to 28...

Chef, 28 is one of my favorite roads!!! I rode it about 6 times...

Cops were not too bad, on the gap itself... horrible, so stay away if possible. Saw 2 on the Cherohala, but that was really it.

My buddies and I like to stay on the side roads, not the main popular ones. You get sometimes better roads but with less traffic that way.

Thursday the 4th huh?

Where are you staying? My bike is ready to go back. The race tires are still on... hmmmmmmm... let me know... i may take another long weekend.

I didn't make any reservations. I did the first year I went but realized it wasn't necessary. I have stayed in Pigeon Forge and Cherokee both are nice and the prices are reasonable. I'm wanting to ride the entire way down on the 4th. I plan to leave around 6 a.m. It'll take me about 4 to 4.5 hours to get down your way. you are welcome to come along. Previous years I've done this trip we have only ridden as far as Lexington Kentucky the first day. I'm hoping to get to Athens or Tellico then spend the night there. In the morning I can ride on through the Skyway and the Dragon. Nothing is etched in stone ,I have 6 days to play. I'll probably run out of money before I run out of time. Let me know if you're in.

Berto
05-29-2009, 08:46 AM
I would trailer... no way I can ride my SM down... well, I sure I can, but I won't. Now, if you are up to meeting there... I may try and work something out. I'll talk to the wife and PM you.

ChefC14
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't know you're time frame and how far you are willing to ride. It seems like if you were to meet me in Lexington Ky Thursday that would work out best. We could ride the rest of the way down together. It's 125 miles approx. Then we could hit the Skyway over to the Dragon. We could then connect to 28 and ride down to Franklin, then down to South Carolina. I have to go to South Carolina because it's the only state in the south east I haven't been to. Then we could shoot over to Georgia and connect to 441 and ride back through the Smokies into Pigeon Forge. Depending on time we'd look for a room here. Morning time if we feel up to it we could hit the Country store on the snake. After that we could head over to the Cumberland Gap and through the tunnel into Ky. Don't know if you've been there but there is a great road that goes up to a lookout. After pics could then head on back towards Lexington to load you back up to your trailer. I'm on no time frame but if we did that you'd be back to your trailer Sat or maybe even Sunday because I know I don't want to rush. Does that sound good? All I have to do is hit south Carolina and pick up some shirts for the wife and kids. I do want to stop at the store on the dragon to pick up a few things.

ChefC14
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
It appears all of my plans are going to go to chit. The 10 day weather forecast looks like chit, rain and thunderstorms. My backup plan was to go to Colorado and it's supposed to be chitty out there also. We'll have to wait and see what happens when the days get closer. Worse case scenario I hit Highway 2 and head towards Montana. One way or another I'm riding somewhere. GRRRRR I've always been lucky in the past.

Vagabond
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
So what did you end up doing?

Berto
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Well, since I've planned two trips and both got nothing. This sucks... With the economy the way it is, I just want take the time. Who knows when I'll get back down there.