PDA

View Full Version : 'Harley Davidson' motorized wheelchair chased by UK police

Ultra AL
02-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Found this on another board I'm on. Pretty cool for the old guy to have his 'Harley'

A retired caretaker who rides a motorized wheelchair customised to look like a Harley Davidson has told how he is repeatedly pulled over by police - for riding a motorcycle on the pavement.

Geoff Dickson, a 64-year-old from Wells in Somerset, says he is fed-up with officers mistaking his 6,000 electric scooter for the on-the-road version it had been designed to look like.

Nicknamed 'The Wells Angel' by his neighbours, Mr Dickson says his three-wheeled vehicle is fully legal to ride on the pavement as it is limited to a top speed of just four miles per hour.

64-year-old Hells Angel is chased by police for driving his 8mph 'Harley Davidson' mobility scooter on the pavement (but it IS legal) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568273/Easy-rider-Hells-Angel-mobility-scooter-goes-4mph-looks-like-Harley-Davidson-police-chase-riding-pavement-legally.html#ixzz2uRWxATBC)

Mr Dickson says he is repeatedly pulled over for potentially breaking the law by riding on the pavement and has even been tracked down in cafes after parking his machine outside.

The father-of-three says officers soon back down when they take a closer look at his eccentric vehicle, however.

Describing the customised machine, Mr Dickson says: 'I was told I had to get a motorized wheelchair so I went to a local store, but all I saw were pink things with baskets on the front - I really wasn't impressed.'

'The woman in the shop asked me what I would be interested in so I told her I wanted something that would go off-road and that looked like a Harley Davidson.'

'Just because you are old and disabled doesn't mean you can't be cool too... They hunted around and showed me the one they had found.'

'Some people call me 'The Wells Angel' and that's fine - it's only rock n' roll but I like it.'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/26/article-2568273-1BD8160E00000578-338_634x463.jpg

Gas Man
02-26-2014, 08:24 PM
:rockout: the old dude still kicking style!

Bagger Dave
02-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Coolio! :rockout:

RedneckMedic
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
I'll have to remember this for when I'm a gomer

hellboy7
02-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Lmao.... such a troll. I would imagine the cops would know who he is by the 5th time they puled him over. I'm surprised they know harleys in the UK to