PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder 2014

sfcusaret2004
01-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Just posted a tentative schedule to the calendar for a run to D.C. for Rolling Thunder 2014, from May 22-26. Most of the info is there but if you want more details PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the HD Ride planner link so you can see all of the info so far. I have reserved a 3 bed room cabin at the Solomons Island Navy Rec center and campgrounds, and if any of you that are interested are prior military I recommend giving it a shot, they have 3, 4, and 5 room cabins cheap as hell and right on the Chesapeak bay/Pax river. So far these dates are tentative but will be solid no later than the 21st of Feb. Let me know if you are interested.

Kosher
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Have fun! I'll be in Wisconsin getting a 107. I'll be in DC in July (2 wheels of course), then from there to Atlanta via the Blue Ridge Parkway.

sfcusaret2004
01-21-2014, 09:34 PM
hoorah! Kosh. DC can suck in July but the BRP will set you straight again. that's a gorgeous ride Have fun as well.

Kosher
01-21-2014, 09:42 PM
hoorah! Kosh. DC can suck in July but the BRP will set you straight again. that's a gorgeous ride Have fun as well.

Really looking forward to it - Going to hit Wheels Through Time museum, then hit the Tail and on in to Atlanta.

I lived in northern Virginia for 14 years, I know how hot it is. After this winter I'm looking forward to sweating my ass off.

sfcusaret2004
01-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Really looking forward to it - Going to hit Wheels Through Time museum, then hit the Tail and on in to Atlanta.

I lived in northern Virginia for 14 years, I know how hot it is. After this winter I'm looking forward to sweating my ass off.

Roger that! I lived in the tidewater for 3 years while stationed at Ft. Eustis, so I'm familiar as well. I'd love to do the Wheels thing too. Have a video from them showing some of their displays. I love the fact that they let visitors help maintain and start their bikes up and that they actually ride every one they can! I envy you the trip but work won't allow the time off right now. I just read a blog from a dude on the roadglide.org site about his four corners ride across the country and put that on the bucket list for the year I retire. Have fun and keep the rubber side down.