PDA

View Full Version : Batteries will cause your house to burn

Gas Man
01-17-2014, 10:57 PM
This video is about how to properly dispose of batteries and the unfortunate consequence this one family endured because a battery short circuited. Most consumer batteries have the potential to short-circuit if the terminals come in contact with one another. This has the potential to happen especially when we go to recycle a group of batteries in a container.

http://www.kidsandcharacter.com/

I went and taped up all my recycled batteries in my bucket. It took a while this round but now I will just keep up with it.

Also in case you didn't know. Best Buy will take them and recycle them for you. They will recycle anything they sell.

PLEASE share with your family and friends!! Watch the video and you will understand...

Bagger Dave
01-18-2014, 08:39 AM
just watched the vid...I will start taping my shit also

BigDogMS
01-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Great video insight. Interesting, at work we have a 5 gallon bucket full of batteries. Not sure what the odds are of this happening but anything to help prevent a fire and hurt our bikes.....I'm in!

Caveman
01-18-2014, 10:05 AM
at work we have the same kind of issues every where we are allowed to turn in Lithium batteries there are little ziplock baggies to put each individual batt in before putting in the bucket. I'm not sure where Martha has been storing our "soon to be" recycled batteries. I may need to find them and tape at least the 9 volts and get them the hell outta here. I hate them laying around everywhere.

alhall88
01-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Not sure what to believe but I will say this we recycle all batteries at our plant and we did have a fire with the 9 volt batteries at the drop off point.

Gas Man
01-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Not sure what to believe but I will say this we recycle all batteries at our plant and we did have a fire with the 9 volt batteries at the drop off point.

Exactly... the 9V's are the devil!

leebo
01-19-2014, 12:03 PM
We turn all our batteries in at bestbuy they even took one from an old rechargeable drill I had !

Gas Man
01-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah they are GREAT for recycling!! They will take your old TVs, PCs, and anything else.

Mudpuppy
01-20-2014, 05:05 PM
motherfucker. cheap ass chinese bullshit. so now I have more work to do? oh fuck that I will just throw them in the trash can at gastank's house.

Also look up (google, bing what the fuck ever) appliance fires. you want to feed your paranoia a bit more - there you have it. Most house fires are caused by fucking dishwashers, ovens and washers.

sprink
01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Clean your dryer vents!

Mudpuppy
01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
shit man I would just like it if the kids and the fun governor would clean the motherfucking lint trap once in awhile. everytime I go to dry something there is 8" of lint on there. fucking morons.

Firetaz419
01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Clean your dryer vents!

Do you want to know something funny about "Not cleaning your drier vents" it's not only the drier vents that'll fuck you... it's the fabric softeners that people use that are actually worse than the lint itself. The "silky" feeling it gives your cloths, also clogs up your drier vent inside your drier. Take it out and run it under water, if you use fabric softeners religiously, you wont see much water run through the mesh part. Clean this off with dawn dish soap, it'll remove that residue.