PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding dirt?

Bob
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
I learned how to ride way back in middle school on a little Honda 80.* I loved that thing and had tons of fun with it.* If we had a place up north or a place close to home to ride I'd have me a dirt bike.

disconvobulated
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I just sold my 125 rm cause i ran outta places to ride that were close. Going up north was fun we would go to cadillac and ride the trails. I do miss that, just things u can do on dirt that u cant do on the street LOL

Bob
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I just sold my 125 rm cause i ran outta places to ride that were close. Going up north was fun we would go to cadillac and ride the trails. I do miss that, just things u can do on dirt that u cant do on the street LOL

Yeah there is supposed to be some sweet long trails near Cadillac!* We used to go to Mio & Rose City area and the people I went up with had some small trails on their property and trails on state land all around them.

Berto
09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Nothing near here to justify one... I sold my CRF250R before moving to Michigan from FL.

detdrbuzzard
09-12-2008, 08:22 AM
my sunL 70 was training wheels for my nephew when he was 12 now he is 15 and the 450 is his ride. the sunL sees pitbike duty at the track and i ride it to the mailbox when i have snail mail to send out

MG_Custom_Marine
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I have a Cr250 and CRF450R.. I ride at the mounds (flint), mt morris, up in rose city, cadillac and most commonly at the sand dunes (silver lake).

gthong
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Join the CCC.. they maintain and have maps of all the good trails. (cycle conservation club)

many of michigans trails are really tight, and most are really "whooped out"

It's helps to be sub 35 years of age, have a smokin' good bike.. and not mind being sore until weds.

joesporty
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
ive got a crf 150f.....my buddy has some land in tustin...near cadillac and rose city..some nice trails up that way...had to buy the dirtbike...when i get the urge to take the sportster off road i just come home hop on the honda and tear it up...

i live about 20 minutes away from Red Bud..in buchanan...the pro's come here once a year to race...its pretty awesome

zamochit
10-04-2009, 10:28 PM
ive got a crf 150f.....my buddy has some land in tustin...near cadillac and rose city..some nice trails up that way...had to buy the dirtbike...when i get the urge to take the sportster off road i just come home hop on the honda and tear it up...

i live about 20 minutes away from Red Bud..in buchanan...the pro's come here once a year to race...its pretty awesome

RED BUD!!!! Love that crazy place. I have had so much fun there and so many stories..

Berto, where in Florida you from? I lived in Venice and Sarasota. My family is from Jacksonville.

joesporty
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
RED BUD!!!! Love that crazy place. I have had so much fun there and so many stories..

Berto, where in Florida you from? I lived in Venice and Sarasota. My family is from Jacksonville.

RED BUD!!!!....YES...i was there during the riot...f ing awesome...so where you at ....maybe next year we can party there...

zaxcar
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
i have a yz426f and i ride up in rose city and higgins lake. dirt is a blast i just wish there was a closer place to ride.

Bob
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
i have a yz426f and i ride up in rose city and higgins lake. dirt is a blast i just wish there was a closer place to ride.

Where abouts you from?

We used to ride all of the time, back in middle and high school, around Mio. You ever go to Bull's Gap? We went there once and it was full of a bunch of morons. How nobody got hurt I don't know.

I know there is a place closer, at least closer to the Detroit area, called The Mounds. I've never been though.

paulpeter
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I ride a Soma Double Cross. I built up the frame about a year ago and it has been a great ride thus far. I've used it primarily for commuting, but I've spent a fair amount of time with knobbies riding on some local fire roads and trails. I have not raced it, so I can't provide any first hand knowledge about how it handles under race conditions.

horrorbusiness
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I had a cr 250, I love trail riding. Used to hit the mounds for someplace close. My dad owns 10 acres right up the street from the Black lake trails. I'd like to get a street legal/dual sport/ dirt bike and get back into riding trails and seasonal roads up north.

Remo
08-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I have a 2006 Raptor 350 (four wheeler) but haven't been out on it in a couple years. I would really like to get back into trail riding. All of my ATV buddies gave up four wheelers to get into sportbikes, but I do miss riding the dirt, just don't really like to ride alone. I don't really have the time or money to go up north to ride but if you have any good local spots around lower Michigan let me know and maybe we can check them out?

2isGR8r
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm highly considering purchasing a used KLR 650, if I don't trade up for a bigger bike in the future. I'm really interested in going on trails later in the future.

mikesova
12-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Here's my dirt steed: 2002 Honda XR200r

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4807310760_ee55f021eb_z.jpg

toby
09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
i was going to buy this old h-d dirt bike at one time but had no time to ride it .

sabrina
01-25-2012, 11:58 PM
When riding in the sand or mud, your body position changes. Your weight should be to the back of the bike to prevent the front wheel from bogging and throwing you over the bars. This will also give you greater traction. You will need to be hard on the gas to keep the bike gliding over the sand.